As revealed by producer Lauren Shuler Donner, Fox’s X-Men show, headed by Matt Nix, will be called Gifted.
The title “Gifted” was also the name of the first storyline in Joss Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men comic, which was critically acclaimed at the time and was partially (and painfully) adapted in X-Men: The Last Stand.
The show itself is supposed to be about Reed and Kate Stewart (Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker), who find out that their children are mutants and must then to go on the run.
The full cast list so far is:
- Stephen Moyer as Reed Stewart
- Amy Acker as Kate Stewart
- Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Stewart
- Percy Hynes as Andy
- Blair Redford as Sam
- Jamie Chung as Clarice Fong / Blink
- Emma Dumont as Lorna Dane / Polaris
- Sean Teale as Marcos Diaz / Eclipse
- Coby Bell as Jace Turner
- Joseph Morgan as an unknown character
The writer of the first episode and showrunner of the series is Matt Nix, well known for his previous series Burn Notice and the critically underrated The Good Guys. The director of the first episode is, of course, Bryan Singer.
Hopefully, this show will be just as good as Legion, which continues to be amazing.