Let's the comments begin! Some will dig it, some will not, if the last posts I did about this are any indication.
- The CGI and ships look good
- The Starfleet uniforms are hideous.
- They tightened up the editing in post-production, which I figured they would, versus what we've seen to date
- Great Trek alumni in this: Walter Koenig, Tim Russ, Manu Intiraymi, Gary Graham, Robert Picardo and Richard Herd
- A quick snippet of dialogue explains how Chekov is still around
- Icheb has gotten bad-ass in his 30's!
- Some other good sci-fi folks, both from TV, movies, and now indie projects on the web, including Corin Nemic, Grant Imahara, Vic Mignogna, Adrienne Wilkinson, Sean Young, Edward Furlong, and Kevin Fry.
- Some of the alien make up is so-so, but I can deal with that the same way I've dealt with it in all other Trek shows I've ever watched.
- In regards to Admiral Paris, this veers away from his character's storyline in the novels, especially recent novels the the TNG era...
- Yes it's "dark" and I know some are sick of that, but at least there's a plot point to the darkness in this one, as opposed to the reboot films that are just dark for darkness sake.
Overall, I'm still excited for this, just for the fun of it.