I've been waiting for The Strain (on FX) to pick up the pace. Finally, it has, and with a neat little twist at the end!
I'm not going to do a full review, but here's a few hints:
* Things start going badly faster and for more people. What has been going slowly (the infection, the sinister Internet and communications disruption plot) is now picking up pace.
* Nice cameo from Aaron Douglas (aka BSG's Chief Tyrol... he's making the rounds, as he was just on Falling Skies too.)
* There is redemption on the horizon for several characters
* This time the back-story of Setrakian's and Eichorst's relationship wasn't plodding. It was just about the best part of the episode.
* No Vasily in this one, which bummed me out. On the plus side, nada with Eph's wife and kid, which was a positive.
* We only get one scene with Gus and his tons 'o fun cousin. It's not looking good for his cousin.
* Eichorst is a slippery bastard
* The ending confirms something that was in the books, and it was wicked cool and unexpected (at least, for me, unexpected to be this early int he series...)
For those who have avoided the show or left after the slow beginning of the season, I'm thinking now is the tiem to come back and check it out.