Even when faced with evidence of gender discrimination in scientific fields men don't think it's a problem. Because of gendered bullshit. Probably.
When reading about studies that deal with gender discrimination, men responded thusly:
- 9.5 percent of the comments argued that sexism does not exist; 68 percent of these commenters were men.
- 67.4 percent of the comments agreed that gender bias exists; of these 29 percent were men
- 22 percent of all of the comments justified the existence of gender bias.
- Of these comments, between 79 percent and 88 percent were made by men.
- 59.8 percent justified gender bias using biological explanations, 29.6 percent used non-biological explanations, and 10.6 percent justified gender bias stating that women perpetrate it by discriminating against other women.
- 7.6 percent of the comments argued that sexism targets men more than women; 65 percent of these commenters were men.
- 100 percent of the comments expressing gratitude for the study were made by women.
- Only .5 percent of the comments mentioned that their minds were changed about gender bias after reading the article; of these 67 percent were made by men.
- 11.2 percent of the comments expressed a call for social change; of these, 46 percent were made by men.
Read the whole story on WashingtonPost.
Sure, it's a limited selection of random opinions from comment sections on the internet, but fuck it, man.
(Also, please don't mainpage. I am not over the cold/flu from hell and am not up for moderating a comment section.)