TIMELINE 3: So the whole freaking third season of this wonderfully WTF show aired during
the last weekend. Why don’t we discuss it in four posts during the week on this post as I watch? Enter here expecting complete spoilers of the first three whole season as I watched it. Comment with all the spoilery things that you want. I want to discuss this show on three blocks: 1-3, 4-6, 7-8 & 9-10. I think we have enough WTF going on to discuss on each thread. But if you prefer less threads, let me know! I will be updating updated this thread as I watched it and I will re-post it so we can discuss it every few days. There is a LOT to discuss, and even if there were hints that maybe several posts were necessary, maybe a BIIIIG thread is best. We will see if it’s not too much should just embrace the chaos.
I watched in chunks because I can’t for the life of me watch the whole show in one sitting on this occasion. So here are my reactions as I watch the
first SEVEN episodes whole freaking season. I will be updating this thing several times. Also, feel free to post links to your recaps and I will update the post accordingly.
Mini-reactions to episode 1: Mother
- This is making me feel like I missed a whole episode! That reel at the beginning felt like a recap of the show of things I don’t remember having watched!
- So the Court of Owls got some cool traveling city.
- Two assholes, 1 time machine.
- If you know you are carrying the bringer of doom why not just kill yourself?
- OK that’s why!
- Everyone’s get a time machine. Now burn, you paradox!
- So why does she remember the timeline reset? Is it because she’s a time traveler?
- All that set up!
- Make a fucking plan for once, Cole!
Mini-reactions to episode 2: Guardians
- Meanwhile in Looney Toons Land!
- I want to be a prophet, but more than that, I want to scribble comic-book art illustrations as fast as Lady Bradpitt does!
- Speaking of Pitt... What’s in the box!
- ALIEN and E.T. theater extravaganza!
- Lady Science! Welcome be you.
- Yes, haired, less-muscular Bruce Willis. Don’t be mean to Ms. Bradpitt!
- What’s in the box! It’s my kid in a box!
- Damn, Amanda has it tough.
- Again, cool timeline reset trick. Why does every protagonist remembers? I think they explained this but I’m misremembering.
- Daaamn Ramsey, when you get a break, is to break a family member’s windpipe.
Minireactions for Episode 3: Enemy
- Hey little birdies.
- Nobody really dies on this show!
- It was just a few scratches in your intestins. NBD.
- Evil Lady keeps winking at Cole really fucking subtly.
- Of course, Memory Spirits (Polterguyz) are here.
- Baby the100 McScienceLady does not like torture. She’s hanging out with the wrong crowd. Just don’t go with the Sky Crowd, they are a bit worse and psychologically inconsistent.
- What’s in the box? It’s EvilLady in box!
- The splintered lady probably ate Splinter on that closet.
- Here’s a cute dance to offer my condolences.
- I also want to give Ramsay a hug. Daaamn he gets it rough on this show.
- Crazy training montage!
- Listen to the Crazy Lady, please! She’s the only one who makes sense.
- Aaaand expected but good cliffhanger! Damn it.
Episode 4: Brothers
- Crazy Ladybradpitt is crazy! She is always on the way. I mean she has proved time and again that she has insights that we should listen to, but this time I’m sure she is not doing anything useful!
- Unbreakable, they live damn it! The females are strong as hell.
- Cuadruple agent! Whiplash for everyone!
- As always Ramsay is correct, and as always he goes about it the wrong way.
- I wonder who is going to die. There is like NOOO foreshadowing what.so.ever!
- Woops, wrong white lady! NBD.
- Meanwhile back in the post post post post apocalyptic future.... damn she good with the knives now!
- “Why couldn’t you just trust me for once!?!” says to his friend as he kills him while being in denial about what everyone knew but him.
- Oh, family reunion. Confirming suspicions. But bye Ramsay anyway. NBD!
Episode 5: Causality
- Yay Jennifer centric episode it seems.
- Always fun when actors imitate other actor’s characters! Silly fun
- No shit!
- Melissa Von Jennifer.
- Cant they just buy a camera and take a picture?
- Oceans 12 monkeys.
- That whatch thing is soooo not an important part of the story later on right?
- The painting! Where’s the painting? Timejump shennanigans?
- Photocopier. Finally using the current tech.
- Little miss Paradox.
- Loopity loop.
- With Jen I guess we were lucky if it was just a hand what got xeroxed.
- Comedy on this episode was fantastic.
Episode 6: Nature
- Well hello there, detective!
- Love the Doctor’s insults.
- Are we losing the lab on a turtle paradox explosion? Talk about turtle power!
- We do get one explosion.
- Hi, you adorable little serial killer!
- You know the trope. In storytelling is a norm, that a manifestation of time and space will appear to a primary in the form of a Dream Time Ghost!
- That is some veeery precise use of chalk on a floor!
- Are you my mommy?!
- At least we get a nice jacket out of this.
Episode 7: Nurture
- We can all use some Bach in all our evil elucubration while we plan to kill a child. Especially in the apocalypse.
- “I am a natural actor, but I’ve never acted naturally in my life!” - I need all the gifis from Jennifer
- More loops in the making I see. Grandmas always helping.
- Everyone Timetravels on this episode for what I can see.
- At least the secret is out. Now let’s see what more WTF comes with it.
- Convenient timetravel vest location is convenient.
- Well the WTF didn’t take long to come!
- Take their vests, damn it! OK THANK YOU!
- You go! 100 girl. That’s a lot of blood...
- Nice kick! Time lady who ends up being a head mistress then brought down by Matilda.
- AND now that Katerina knows, couldn’t she just kill either Cole or the Dr before they met and end it all?
Episode 8: Masks
- Now on a very clean Victorian London...
- Teenage witness.
- That is very precise work for someone with only one useful hand. This is a crazy person that has so much better handwriting than mine.
- I love the crazy cage lady banter.
- I was right! Turtle power indeed.
- Ok not completely right.
- Now that everyone is here the party can start!
- Jennifer and Katy Perry. Always delivering the madness.
- A bit predictable this time around.
Episode 9: Thief
- We seem to be in a Witness centric episode!
- This show seems to have slowly transitioned to comedy over the season. At least it’s not like Fox that will eventually transition to porn.
- It’s nice that time travelers never need to go to the bathroom. Because how would that work on that octagonal cage? There’s just no space!
- The power of love will doom us all.
- Aaaand the vision is explained. Will he go all Freeze on us?
- Yeah 600+ time of watching someone you love die will do it.
- This show is a gigantic bootstrap paradox with a scout leader level of knot, isn’t it?
- Now what’s miss Jen up to?
Episode 10: Witness
- Time for the final WTFs!
- Fun times for the whole family in all the wars.
- Don’t tell him the date, damn it!
- Don’t leave before she is in the cell, damn it!
- Listen to your son, damn it!
- I’m saying “damn it” too much during this episode, damn it!
- Woops, what happened to the suit?
- Tripple cross!
- Previously on 12 monkeys...
- Thanks son. We did this for you! *leave their son to die.
- Good ending!.... weird ending! Does this means we’re getting to a futurama type of story about the origin of Cole?!
- This season also seems to have ended without explaining or getting to that first Cole on Cole action. Or did I forget something? I think we’re gonna get there next season.