Добро пожаловать! This is where we talk about American Gods with spoilers from the book. Is good?
- I really liked Czernobog and his family. They were appropriately prickly yet homey.
- Orlando Jones’s monologue gave me chills.
- I was wondering about the spider design for Anansi, and then it hit me. The blue triangle and the colors may be a callback to the illustrations in the classic children’s book, Anansi the Spider by Gerald McDermott
- The scene outside Shadow’s old house felt very much like Hannibal. Dunno why. Maybe the music.
- I’m curious about what Bilquis is up to. It that chain some kind of item of power? It she planning to steal it?
- Yes! Gillian Anderson as Lucy!
- I was wondering if they would keep the line about Lucy’s tits. They did not disappoint.
- Who was Wednesday talking to in the diner? The djinn cab driver?
- Still no reveal on who saved Shadow from the lynch mob. It’s been a while since I’ve read the book. It was Laura, wasn’t it? If so, it looks like they’re going to take a while to reveal her zombie status.
- The pace seems to be moving along. How are they going to stretch this all out to a multi-season show?