So, I am NOT AT ALL computer saavy when it comes to buying one. In about 2 weeks I'll be looking to purchase a new 'laptop' because all my other computers have 'issues'.
I'm looking at laptops and chromebooks under $400. Different websites that are experts tend to have conflicting opinions. Here is what I do on said 'laptop':
- Hang out on Kinja, comment, make posts.
- Read the ENTIRE internet (that is hyperbole, btw)
- Use applications like Word, Excel, and Powerpoint for school
- Sometimes use a Publisher to create documents
- Ocassionaly play a game (like Zombie's versus Plants)
What am I looking for in my experience?
- Something that isn't 'slow'
- I can do multiple things on (for example when researching a paper for school)
- A good keyboard. PERIOD.
I'm leaning toward a Chromebook because I have both Google Drive as well as a hotmail account (now owned by Microsoft) which includes a SkyDrive (more cloud storage) as well as online versions of Office software for free.
So, I'm comfortable in both a PC environment and on-line Google environment.
What are your recommendations? Particularly, if you actually used it IRL. The good, the bad, but mostly, the recommendations.