Spoilers ahead for Daredevil.
As for me, here are my initial thoughts, as written while watching the Episodes:
Episode 4: In The Blood
- First mention to the Avengers with the magic hammer and the metal suit.
- Hands up, who kept thinking Batman ans Superman were having coffee just out of sight in the diner scene.
- This show really hates unions doesn't it.
- Seeing Fisk (I'll not call him by his comic alter ego as it seems the series is waiting to reveal it) awkwardly asking someone on a date, that's something I never thought I'd see.
- Just as an aside, what are TV/Film rights of his character? He seems to be owned jointly by Sony and Marvel. Are they allowed to call him by his alter ego?
- Well that seemed like a massive over-reaction there Fisk.
Episode 5 World On Fire
- Clever way of hiding the fact Fisk killed his brother while getting them up there game on finding Daredevil.
- I was wondering when they were going to get another case.
- The Folly and Page subplot was very good and I'm glad they didn't go for the obvious Page being jealous of the Ex.
- Given the constant showing of rings and the hint of someone bigger, I get the feeling that the real Mandarin is the true main player in all this.
- A slight stab at DC:
Daredevil, "I need to be the man this city needs me to be."
Claire, "That not a reason, that's an excuse."
- That's one way to renovate, I'll give you that Fisk
- Given how realistic the series has been, I'm calling bull-crap on Daredevil being able to walk and fight so well after being so close to a large explosion. He would have at least internal bleeding, 1st degree burns and loud ringing in his ears.
- Uh oh, he's been caught by the police! Will he get out of this?
Episode 6: Condemned
- Did the cop at the beginning really say frigging? I think after all the graphic violence, it's safe to say the F word.
- Also, add acrobats to the list of thing Daredevil shouldn't be able to do after an explosion.
- Question mark on a King card. FORESHADOWING!
- Okay so now there being realistic about stabilizing someone and healing bullet wounds?
- This version of Urich is by far better then the Joe Pantoliano version.
- Out of curiosity, does Daredevil have a no kill policy in the comics?
- So things went to hell very quickly in this episode, with a lot of deaths.
Tomorrow will be episodes 7-8 and possibly 9.