New show and old Who alike.
Why these episodes?
I'm yet to properly give the older ones a go, so I speak for 2005 Who only. But my favourite episodes, or most memorable episodes, are sometimes because of the storyline, sometimes where they travelled, sometimes the payoff, and more often than not because of temporary companions.
So my list is clearly not limited to only ten...Maybe like, my favourite 20.
- The End of the World (the episode that got me into the show)
- The Long Game
- The Empty Child / meet Jack arc
- The Parting of the Ways (I'm sorry but I loved when Rose could see all of time)
- New Earth
- The Girl in the Fireplace
Not ashamed to admit that after Army of Ghosts I cried for like two days, because I can do anything that I want. Billie Piper was my popstar, you see. My guiding light, every day and night. And then she was Belle.
I don't know if I would have been considered a crazy doctor/Rose shipper since I watched it all on my own, after the fact. I will say that I love Billie Piper, so, that's that.
- Gridlock (and maybe the Shakespeare one too)
- Blink, yes, yes.
- The Human doctor arc, yes, I liked that too
- Partners in Crime for the meet-cute
- The Fires of Pompeii (my favourite ever, I think)
- Silence in Library arc
- Turn Left
- Vincent & the Doctor
- The Doctor's Wife
- Closing Time (I think)
- The God Complex because of Rita
- A Christmas Carol
The Waters of Mars*
Characters (and their respective episodes)? Cassandra, Jabe the Tree lady, Lorna Bucket, Rita, Craig, Liz X, ah so many others though. Vastra, always.
Rita: You are a medical doctor, aren't you? You haven't just got a degree in cheesemaking or something?
The Doctor: No! Well yes, both actually.
Most horrifying aliens? The Cybermen, sadly, actually scare me quite a bit. Just....yeah. The whole your brain...ergh...ddfthdthb