Miscalibrated Internet Receptor Stalks

Flat earth takes the shine off the moon

Just sticking the bins out and was struck by a rather stunning crescent moon, low on the hill. Against the darkening blue sky the whole moon was visible, mostly a grey disc offset by the edge of the bright crescent. Marvelous.

So is there a word for that? There must be. Let’s Google it to find out. I started with “crescent moon with full globe”. Seems a reasonable start.


Hoo boy! I’m greeted with a load of stuff about the Flat Earth. Grief there is so much of this stuff. It goes on and on.

Anyway, the effect that creates this look is called “earthshine” but I’m still thinking there should be a more specific term. I’ll get there in the end if I’m not squashed beneath a flat planet.

Share This Story