Here is Ciara “Hawkgirl” Renee singing “God Help the Outcasts” from The Hunchback of Notre Dame musical:
So you can add her to the list of “actors with amazing voices on The Flash,” which includes Grant Gustin (singer on Glee), Jessie L. Martin, Rick Cosnett, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanagh, and, of course, Victor Garber (man, Eli Stone was a trip). Edit: I also forgot that Wentworth Miller was totally a member of the a cappella group the Princeton Tigertones.
All of this combined makes me want a Flash musical so badly, so here I am, making a list of musical supervillains:
- The Fiddler: A supervillain with the power to hypnotize using his fiddle. He can totally be modified to make people burst out into sing. Can he fiddle while Central City burns?
- The Music Meister: A supervillain with a hypnotic voice (and also the voice of Neil Patrick Harris), he’s not from the comics, but has the distinction of being responsible for the musical episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Can he go from animation to live-action? (Also, can the show afford Neil Patrick Harris? Please?)
- Virtuoso: She apparently took the Fiddler’s fiddle after he died. But she looks cool. Can she orchestrate a symphony of evil?
- Scream Queen: She’s the vampiric lead singer of a bad called Scare Tactics. I mean, she doesn’t technically have any musical powers, just vampiric ones, but still: vampire band. How cool is that?
- Pat Boone: I mean, he’s not technically a villain, but Superman still had to prevent that song he and Lois made from ever becoming a hit. That’s gotta count for some villain points, right?