If you have an A.V. Club account but haven’t merged it yet, you should be aware that it will send you back to the greys everywhere else (including on ODeck). There’s a way around this, but it wasn’t really explained on their original page. Here’s what I did:
- Open a private/incognito tab and go to the Kinja Claim page.
- Click the button, then sign into Disqus.
- Name your new account whatever, it doesn’t matter.
- Link it with a different type of social media account than the one you use for your Kinja account.
- Go back to your main Kinja account’s settings page.
- Link your main account with the same social media account you used for the new one, and tell it you want to merge.
- This will import your A.V. Club post history while keeping your current Kinja name/blog.
- You’ll still be grey on the A.V. Club, but it’s a lot easier to find a moderator there to follow you than to recover all of your other sites. A lot of people are having difficulties.
I think you should be able to unlink that second social media account afterwards, but I’m not positive.