And I love it. I didn't sleep cause holy shit balls I love the disgusting stinger vamps on this show. I love that the show took the time to show the fucked up biology that happens when someone gets infected, which is so much better than seeing it in the comic.
Oh and mr. Quinlan was just fucking sublime, that scene where he talks to the kids is my favorite thing in the show so far, aside from the Nazi flashbacks which are also awesome. From all the hate Bricken and the comment sections had for this show I thought it was going to be shit. I don't know what io9 proper is smoking and this just reminds me of when AoS was being recapped by Bricken and it was so painfully obvious he fucking hated the show. I'm actually quite tired of people who hate things for the sake of hating them.
A lot of the complaints I saw of Rob and the comment sections seem to be "I hate this storytelling I just want vampire hunting all the time." I just find that complaint to be so tedious because the slow parts of the show are actually trying to show us some character development. I mean we tolerated slow episodes from Penny Dreadful WHICH TOOK 8 EPISODES TO TELL US WHAT ETHAN CHANDLER WAS. I think we can tolerate The Strain taking its time. Its like people forget this is on FX and FX is known for slow burn character stuff. Plus each episode within the show takes place over several hours or a night or two so its seems slow because its not a couple weeks later. Anyway I haven't seen much about the Strain here so I don't know if I'm in the minority on the Odeck and yall agree with io9 proper that the show is mediocre at best.
Assorted thoughts about The Strain while on no sleep.
- First thing I thought when I started seeing a bunch of canadian actors pop up, "I bet they shoot this show in fucking Toronto." I checked the wiki, and I was right lulz.
- I really like Gus, but boy are they taking their sweet ass time to pair him up with Mr. Quinlan.
- THEY SHOWED THE WORM IN THE EYE SHIT FROM THE CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!
- Every time these vamps open their mouths I get flashbacks to Blade 2 and their ubervamps that are basically the same creatures just not having to contend with the Daywalker kicking ass. Which is to be expected since del Toro directed that movie.
- Least favorite character on the show has to be the kid. Eph's kid is annoying as fuck and I want him dead. Add him to list of horrible TV children.
- I miss the goth rocker, though I know he will be back as I have read the comics, still laughed my ass off when his dick fell off and he just went *Shrug*
- Although it bugs me I have to admit I actively had to suspend my belief that this British (I think) slowed down the internet to a crawl, or else I would think "HOW IS NO ONE TWEETING ABOUT THE DISGUSTING VAMPIRES WITH THEIR FROG TONGUES)
- The inconsistent incubation time for each turning bugs the shit out of me.
- I was surprised Sam was offed so fast, but whatevs he was too meek for my tastes.
- COREY STOLL'S WIG IS TERRIBLE! COME ON DEL TORO YOU CAN MAKE DISGUSTING REALISTIC LOOKING VAMPIRES BUT YOU CAN'T DO A SIMPLE WIG CORRECTLY?
- I want Abraham to give me life advice, dude knows his shit.