Tom Ellis is charming, funny, and sexy as Lucifer. If the show succeeds, it will be because he’s carrying it on his back. But everything else is pretty flat. What was really offputting though was the way every woman in it was treated. Here they are by order of appearance:
- The demon sidekick getting oral sex under the bar.
- A murder victim.
- The female lead is a detective. That’s cool! But all the men recognize her because she used to be an actress and had a nude scene.
- A nameless woman who is marrying one of the murder suspects for money.
- An actress cheating on her husband.
- A therapist who desperately wants to have sex with Lucifer in a scene that goes on waaaaaay too long.