So many questions, and only so much time. But are they all rhetorical? What are your questions? (Please share them below!)
- If Planet of the Apes happened, what would be their preferred drink?
- Would Wesley Crusher have turned out to be a loser if he wasn’t told “Shut up, Wesley!” hundreds of times as a forlorn child on that spaceship?
- Did that part of The Fifth Element make any sense when they pulled massive rocks out of the blue opera singer’s stomach?
- In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, was it Indy’s moral duty to kill Hitler at the book-burning scene? Hitler was right there holding and signing his book! Or was the moral imperative pursuit of the holy grail, to any and all ends?
- If, as Emily Dickinson wrote, “Hope is the thing with feathers,” then what the hell am I supposed to make out of my cat bringing me a dead bird this morning?
What questions keep you awake at night, or even worse, during the day?
When the heat swelters and I listen to Charlie Parker and Miles Davis on my Magnavox, my brain begins to niggle at enigmatic questions, the kind that nip and won’t leave until they take a bite.
How’s your Sunday?