Spoilers for tonight's season one (possibly series) finale. And the whole season. And light Spoilers for Fringe.
You ended your season like that, no movement on any of the more interesting plot threads. This was the most wasted opportunity for a finale I have seen. And this is a show comes from one of the guys who gave us the Fringe season one finale. Remember that holy shit moment of seeing the Twin Towers in the parallel universe, the massive promise of that one shot? Lets go through the plot threads left untouched point by point.
1. Kennex's girlfriend betraying him, and the bug he found in his apartment? Nope
2. That crazy gang everyone is so afraid of? Nada
3. Kennex and Stahl maybe hooking up? Hahaha No.
4. Dorian having implanted memories, and who put them there or Dorian maybe starting to glitch? You are funny if you think we are going to talk about that.
5. A fucking wall that divides the city? Only until we need a plot device.
And perhaps the most egregious missed opportunity was this:
6. John Larroquette as a MAD ROBOT SCIENTIST BUILDING AN ARMY OF GINA CARANOS. What the fuck?
I actually really loved Almost Human, even though Fox made it hard by airing episodes out of order. I thought it had interesting stuff throughout the season, and yet it ended with another regular case that is tangentially related to technology being out of control.
My actual thoughts on the finale. It was not cool that the a black guy was born "genetically inferior", was crazy, and was the accused killer this week. Casual racism is not cool Almost Human. Now I did love that Dorian got affirmation that he is an awesome partner and a good cop. That final shot of Dorian and Kennex bonding was fun. And I want the fucking 80s soundtrack immediately, it is exactly the kind of stuff I love.