So after a bunch of replies on this post, I decided to check out Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated. After watching a few episodes, here are my thoughts:
- I completely agree with the commenter who said that this was the show they thought they were watching when they were 6.
- So glad it seems to be keeping the original's pro-skepticism, anti-supernatural stance.
- Love the look and environment of the show. I dig the groovy 60s/70s character designs that help keep the Gang's look contemporary, and the backgrounds are just as gorgeous as the originals.
- Did I just see teenage Pebbles and Bam Bam in the backround?!
- The town of Crystal Cove is a weird mix of spooky Stephen King/The Fog New England and sleepy SoCal beach town. The buildings remind me of San Juan Capistrano.
- This show seems to be about the girls being sexually frustrated. Velma, don't you know that too much weed lowers a man's libido?
- On that note, Freddy and Daphne seem to be presented as a couple, but Freddy seems to be more interested in traps and ascots and totally friend-zones her (while asking Shaggy what kind of bedsheets he prefers). Is he coded gay in this? And is poor Daphne his unwitting beard?
- Shaggy's parents are hilarious.
Here, enjoy the time Johnny Bravo met the Scooby Gang.