Superman's new 52 look got a very mixed reaction when it was first revealed in 2011. Some liking the new design, others hating it and others wondering why Superman would need armour.
However, Superman is getting a new redesign, debuting in Superman #39 by Geoff Johns and John Romita, Jr as shown by a variant art from that issue:
For a comparison, here is the old New 52 look:
Though not the major redesign or the pre-52 design people wanted, there are some changes:
- The costume looks less armoured then its old new-52 design.
- The neck has been redesigned and now has a higher neckline.
- The new cape now tuck into the seam rather then the chest.
- He now wears fingerless gloves (something I do actually like).
- Superman's belt is now remodeled and now includes some yellow in the centre.
- The Boots now look more like the classic look.