Just because I felt like looking it up . . ..
One year ago today:
- Annalee and Esther's (short lived?) We Come From the Future had its own "Shark Week", and Annalee was singing Sharktopus' praises.
- Merideth shared how to become a mind reader, and which superheroes were Mormon.
, and Annalee hated
Two years ago today:
- Alasdair thought Superboy would be in Man of Steel, and Nicolas Winding Refn was going to direct a Christina Hendricks Wonder Woman movie.
- David Tennant was going to be so good in Fright Night that he'd be the star of Fright Night 2.
- Annalee covered a tragic case of brain-eating amoebas (they were just back in the news).
- NASA was going to start taxi service to the ISS, starting with the upcoming SpaceX docking attempt.
- Some old Dr. Who companions were about to make a brief comeback.
- There were at least three separate Conan the Barbarian stories that day alone, plus two about swords (how to make them, and how to swallow them).
Three years ago:
- Joss Whedon was talking up Avengers, Battleship began filming, X-Men: First Class was still casting. Also, Green Lantern was showing off its upcoming special effects.
- Annalee showed us that urban fantasy heroines were getting more "urban," less "fantasy".
- Wikileaks was a new thing, as was the possibility of "cyber war" between it and the USA.
Four years ago:
- Thailand was building a cyborg elephant army (not really).
Five years ago:
- The Akira movie was just about to come out . . . but it looked like the Justice League movie might get canceled.
- TheWB.com was going to be the future of streaming video-on-demand.
- And Lauren found the scary movie gene.