One year ago today:
Lauren wanted you to
, and found a bunch of
.We got a time-lapse view of
- Godzilla took on Thomas Kinkade.
Two years ago:
- David Sears won io9's 2011 cryptid contest, with his "batpug" entry (pictured above).
- Bill and Melinda Gates needed a new toilet.
- The Hardcore Science Interview Series talked ammonites with AMNH.
Three years ago:
- io9 was seeing stars! New stars, magnetars, and stars on stamps (from the sixties).
- A risky dangling-from-a-helicopter maneuver to poach falcon eggs.
- And the "inflation particle" was nearly within sight.
Four years ago:
- Graeme feared that cockroaches' ability to hold their breath meant they'd outlive us all.
- Lauren promised a future without ever getting off our butts.
Five years ago: