Are you ready for more supernatural, apocalypse and alternate-reality shows? You better be, because there are a lot of them coming out. There also seem to a higher than usual number of shows with finales in April this year. Check below for premiere (and finale) dates of genre tv shows.*
*Now with descriptions for new shows (where possible).
Wynonna Earp (Syfy)
- Follows Wyatt Earp’s great granddaughter as she battles demons and other creatures. With her unique abilities, and a posse of dysfunctional allies, she’s the only thing that can bring the paranormal to justice (based on the IDW comic).
The Walking Dead (AMC) **Season finale
11.22.63 (Hulu) ** Finale
Shadowhunters (Freeform) **Season finale
Sleepy Hollow (Fox) **Season finale
Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
- About the disappearance of a decorated FBI agent’s wife, which leads him to a secret government unit assembled to hunt a group of ruthless terrorists called “Hunters” who do not come from this world.
The Magicians (Syfy) **Season finale
Ajin: Demi-Human (Netflix)
- A teenager discovers that he is an Ajin (immortal being) and flees before the authorities experiment on him. Other Ajin plan to fight back and he must choose a side.
iZombie (CW) ** 2-hour Season finale
Orphan Black (BBC America)
Bitten (Space - Canada) ** Series Finale
Kong: King Of Apes (Netflix)
- In 2050, an evil scientist is about to unleash an army of robotic dinosaurs. Now it’s up to Kong and friends to fight back and save the day.
12 Monkeys (Syfy)
Bitten (Syfy) ** Series Finale
Supergirl (CBS) ** Season Finale
- When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure.
The Night Manager (AMC)
Time Traveling Bong (Comedy) *airing on three consecutive nights
Thunderbirds Are Go! (Amazon - Prime sneak peek on April 15)
- The five brave Tracy brothers are back on television screens, where they’ll pilot their vehicles from the depths of the oceans to the highest reaches of space, performing impossible rescues across the globe.
Game Of Thrones (HBO)
Lucifer (Fox) ** Season Finale
Scorpion (CBS) ** Season Finale
Limitless (CBS) **Season finale
Penny Dreadful (Showtime)
Houdini & Doyle (Fox)
- The series revolves around Harry Houdini and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, as they grudgingly join forces with New Scotland Yard to investigate inexplicable crimes with a supernatural slant.
Person Of Interest (CBS - airing Mondays & Tuesdays)
- Follows a West Texas preacher named Jesse Custer, who is inhabited by a mysterious entity that causes him to develop a highly unusual power. Jesse, his badass ex-girlfriend Tulip and an Irish vagabond named Cassidy come together and when they do, they are thrust into a crazy world populated by a cast of characters from Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between.
Wayward Pines (Fox)
Beauty And The Beast (CW)
- Follows Kyle Barnes, a young man who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a journey to find answers but what he uncovers could mean the end of life on Earth as we know it.
Voltron: Legendary Defender (Netflix)
- Centers on five Earth teenagers — Keith, Lance, Hunk, Pidge and Shiro — who are thrown into the middle of an intergalactic battle and become the last line of defense for Arus and other planets against an evil alien force led by King Zarkon.
The Last Ship (TNT)
- A comic-thriller set in the world of Washington, D.C. politics that follows Laurel, a young, fresh-faced Hill staffer who discovers two things: the government has stopped working, and bugs are eating the brains of congress members and Hill staffers.
Person Of Interest (CBS) **Season finale
Teen Wolf (MTV)
Zoo (CBS) **2-hour premiere
Stranger Things (Netflix) (aka Montauk)
- When a young boy vanishes, a small town uncovers a mystery involving secret experiments, terrifying supernatural forces, and one strange little girl.
Luke Cage (Netflix)
- After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city - forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.
The 100 (CW)
The Aliens (E4 - UK**)
Angel From Hell (CBS)
Bates Motel (A&E)
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
CSI: Cyber (CBS)
The Flash (CW)
Last Man On Earth (Fox)
Legends Of Tomorrow, DC’s (CW)
The Magicians (Syfy)
Once Upon A Time (ABC)
The Originals (CW)
Sleepy Hollow (Fox)
The Vampire Diaries (CW)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
- A post-apocalyptic thriller set in near-future Brazil, where a select few are allowed to join a privileged society after undergoing an intense and competitive process.
Aftermath (Syfy) - Summer
- The Copeland family battles for survival when civilization comes to an apocalyptic end, triggered by massive storms, meteor strikes, earthquakes and plague – and the rise of supernatural creatures.
American Horror Story (FX)
Ash Vs Evil Dead (Starz)
- A one-hour drama about a young man who wakes up from a coma after 12 years and discovers new supernatural abilities that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy.
Black Mirror (Netflix)
Dark Matter (Syfy) - Summer
Dead Of Summer (Freeform)
- Set in the late 1980s, school is out for the summer, and a sun-drenched season of firsts beckons the counselors at Camp Stillwater, a seemingly idyllic Midwestern summer camp, including first loves, first kisses—and first kills. Stillwater’s dark, ancient mythology awakens, and what was supposed to be a summer of fun soon turns into one of unforgettable scares and evil at every turn.
Doctor Who (BBC America) - Christmas Special / Spring 2017
Emerald City (NBC)
- Swept up into the eye of a tornado, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale (Adria Arjona) is transported to another world — a mystical land in great peril, where an all-powerful Wizard has forbidden magic and rules over the many kingdoms.
The Expanse - January 2017
Falling Water (USA)
- Revolves around three strangers who realize they are dreaming separate parts of the same dream that has big implications for each of their lives.
Incorporated (Syfy) - Fall
- Set in a near future where corporations have unlimited power, Incorporated centers around Ben Larson (Sean Teale, “Reign”), a young executive who conceals his true identity to infiltrate a very dangerous corporate world to save the woman he loves. But he’ll soon learn that he’s not the only one whose secrets may have deadly consequences.
Into The Badlands (AMC) - 2017
Killjoys (Syfy) - Summer
The Librarians (TNT) - Fall
- Centers on the famous author of a best-selling series of fantasy books who suddenly disappears, and a family of four finds themselves transported to the mystical alternate world that inspired her work. Once there, they are plunged into the middle of a war raging between rival magical forces, of light and darkness.
The Man In The High Castle (Amazon) - Fall?
Rick and Morty (Adult Swim)
Mr. Robot (USA) - Summer
The OA (Netflix)
Salem (WGN America)
Scream Queens (Fox)
Son Of Zorn (Fox) - Fall
- Upon arriving home on Earth for the first time in 10 years, ZORN (the voice of Jason Sudeikis), a fully animated, legendary warrior, finds that reconnecting with his live-action son, Alan, and ex-wife, Edie, while suffering through a mundane office job and the banality of suburban life, is harder than waging actual war in his distant, mystical homeland of Zephyria.
Spark (ABC) - Fall?
- Set in an alternate history where gas and coal fuel the world, the drama centers on the battle for power between two rival families and a rebellious young woman with a spark of invention that could level both their empires.
SS-GB (mini series - BBC)
- Based on an alternate history novel by Len Deighton, set in a United Kingdom conquered and occupied by Germany during the Second World War.
Steven Universe (Cartoon Network) - June
The Strain (FX) - Summer
- A series from Guillermo del Toro that will unleash a new, fantastical world wrapped around two best friends who make a startling discovery beneath their hometown.
Van Helsing (Syfy) - September
- Centers on Vanessa Helsing, the daughter of famous vampire hunter and Dracula nemesis Abraham Van Helsing. She is resurrected five years in the future to find out that vampires have taken over the world and that she possesses unique power over them. She is humanity’s last hope to lead an offensive to take back what has been lost.
- A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.
Z Nation (Syfy)
What’s missing? Do you like the show descriptions or do they make it too hard to read the list? Let me know in the comments.