August sees the finales of many shows, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have some interesting premieres. Cartoon Network brings us the long awaited adventures of a young lady named Tulip exploring a mysterious train. AMC is broadcasting more zombies, a malevolent entity in a WWII Japanese internment camp and the final adventures of Jesse Custer. The CW is premiering a anthology series based on two-sentence horror stories and exploring America’s greatest mysteries. Keep reading below to find out when these and other series will be showing up on your screens.
Bolded title = premiere
Italicized bolded title = finale (mid, season, series, etc)
iZombie (CW) **Series Finale
Siren (Freeform) **Season Finale
Ad Vitam (Netflix)
- A new regeneration process allows human beings to live forever, but when a number of teenage suicides rock the seemingly evergreen population, a detective must enlist the help of a 20-something to uncover the truth behind what happened.
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC) **2-hour Season Finale
Descendants 3 (Disney)
- Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay—the Villain Kids AKA “The VKs”—cross the barrier and return to their birthplace, the Isle of the Lost, to bring four deserving Villain Kids to the coveted Auradon Prep in a land where they have a chance at success, happiness and fulfillment. But, it’s Mal who knows she must resolve to permanently close the barrier to the Isle of the Lost, fearing that nemeses Uma and Hades will wreak vengeance on her new home, the idyllic kingdom now ruled by her beloved King Ben. Despite her decision, an unfathomable dark force still threatens the people of Auradon, and Mal and her friends face their biggest challenge yet.
Into The Dark: School Spirit (Hulu)
She-Ra and the Princess Of Power (Netflix)
Swamp Thing (DC Universe) **Series Finale
Preacher (AMC) **Final Season
Infinity Train (Cartoon Network) **Airing over 5 nights, 2 episodes per night
- A precocious young girl named Tulip who finds herself on a train full of cars containing infinite worlds and tries to find her way home. (Animated)
The 100 (CW) **Season Finale
Blood & Treasure (CBS) **Season Finale
Two-Sentence Horror Stories (CW) **Two-episode Premiere
- Inspired by the viral fan fiction of two sentence horror stories, these contemporary tales of horror and haunting tap into universal primal fears, filtered through the anxieties of the most connected and racially diverse generation. Despite dizzying advancements in technology, inequality, social progress, and environmental degradation…the things that haunt us are still the same.
Wu Assassins (Netflix)
- An unassuming San Francisco chef becomes the latest in a line of assassins chosen to keep the mystical Wu powers out of the wrong hands.
In The Shadow Of The Moon (Netflix) **Movie
- A Philadelphia police officer leads the hunt for an elusive serial killer whose crimes are timed to the lunar cycle.
Infinity Train (Cartoon Network) **Season Finale
Curse Of Akakor (Facebook Watch)
- A ground-breaking documentary series follows six investigators deep into the Amazon jungle on the search for a lost city and the answer to a chilling question: why does almost everyone who chases the Akakor legend go missing? Three explorers on three different expeditions disappeared in the 1980s while seeking a lost city of gold called Akakor and its sister city, Akahim. A fourth explorer was murdered in mysterious circumstances just before embarking on his expedition. For almost 40 years, the disappearances and murder have remained unexplained.
Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
Legion (FX) **Series Finale
Lodge 49 (AMC)
The Terror: Infamy (AMC)
- Set during World War II, the season centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese-American community, and a young man’s journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible.
Mysteries Decoded (CW)
- The series will delve deeper into some America’s greatest unsolved mysteries, exploring newly discovered evidence and utilizing high-tech tools in reopening each case. From Area 51 to the Salem Witch Trials, each investigation is led by Jennifer Marshall, an accomplished U.S. Navy veteran turned top-notch Private Investigator, as she mobilizes a team to embark on the formidable quest to bring closure to these long-lingering historical puzzles.
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu) **Season Finale
The Inbetween (NBC) **Season Finale
Krypton (Syfy) **Season Finale
Cannon Busters (Netflix)
- Tells the story of a royal droid named S.A.M., who is searching for her best friend, and heir to the throne. Along the way, she’s joined by an old maintenance droid and a fugitive. (Animated)
Elementary (CBS) **Series Finale
Green Frontier (Frontera Verde) (Netflix)
- When a young Bogotá-based detective gets drawn into the jungle to probe four femicides, she uncovers magic, an evil plot and her own true origins.
Invader Zim: Enter the Flopus (Netflix) **Movie
- When Zim reappears to begin the next phase of his evil alien plan to conquer Earth, his nemesis Dib Membrane sets out to unmask him once and for all. (Animated)
Zombie Tidal Wave (Syfy) **Movie
- Follows Hunter Shaw as he contends with an ocean-borne outbreak which threatens his seaside island community. The rogue, veteran sailor leads a disparate group of locals to uncover the origins of the undead pandemic while battling the growing horde of infected before it can reach the mainland.
The Rook (Starz) **Season Finale
Trolls: The Beat Goes On! (Netflix)
Young Justice: Outsiders (DC Universe) **Season Finale
Carnival Row (Amazon)
- Mythical creatures fleeing their war-torn homeland have gathered in in a neo-Victorian city, and tensions are simmering between citizens and the growing immigrant population. The fantasy noir follows the investigation of a string of unsolved murders that are eating away at whatever uneasy peace still exists.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix)
- In this prequel to the fantasy classic, three young Gelflings inspire a rebellion against the cruel emperor when they discover a horrifying secret.
Titans (DC Universe)
Mr. Mercedes (Audience)
- After getting into a near fatal car accident, Alma discovers she has a new relationship with time and uses this ability to find out the truth about her father’s death. (Animated)
American Horror Story: 1984 (FX)
- A horror anthology based on the 1982 film.
- A psychological mystery that examines the origins of evil along the dividing line between science and religion. The series focuses on a skeptical female psychologist who joins a priest-in-training and a carpenter as they investigate the Church’s backlog of unexplained mysteries, including supposed miracles, demonic possessions and hauntings. Their job is to assess if there is a logical explanation or if something truly supernatural is at work.
The Good Place (NBC)
God Friended Me (CBS)
- Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.
The Walking Dead (AMC)
The Flash (CW)
Nancy Drew (CW)
- Set in the summer after her high school graduation, when 18-year-old Nancy Drew thought she’d be leaving her hometown for college. But when a family tragedy holds her back another year, she finds herself embroiled in a ghostly murder investigation — and along the way, uncovers secrets that run deeper than she ever imagined.
The Birch (Facebook Watch)
- Focuses on a monster protector in the woods and a pure-hearted teenager who summons her in a time of crisis. Based on a 2015 short film produced by Crypt TV.
Black Lightning (CW)
The Mandalorian (Disney+)
- Set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. The series follows the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
Man In The High Castle (Amazon)
The Expanse (Amazon)
Runaways, Marvel’s (Hulu)
The 100 (CW)
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC)
Blood & Treasure (CBS)
Final Space (Adult Swim)
Good Witch (Hallmark)
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)
The Inbetween (NBC)
The Outpost (CW)
The Rook (Starz)
Swamp Thing (DC Universe)
What Just Happened??! With Fred Savage (Fox)
Young Justice: Outsiders (DC Universe)
TBA - UPCOMING
New entries marked with [NEW].
Albedo (Bell Media - Canada)
- Set 150 years in the future. Detective Vivien Coleman is dispatched to the edge of our solar system to investigate a scientist’s mysterious death on board an isolated space station. She soon finds herself trapped and cut-off from Earth, along with the station’s small crew of brilliant scientists – all murder suspects – all harboring their own secrets… What begins as a classic murder mystery evolves into a fight for survival that may threaten the future of our species.
[NEW] Alice in Borderland (Netflix)
- Ryohei Alice (Alice), a listless, jobless and video-game-obsessed young man sees a strange light and suddenly finds himself in a mysteriously emptied out version of Tokyo along with his two best friends. They quickly discover that in this world, they must compete in one dangerous game after another in order to survive.
Altered Carbon (Netflix)
- Set in the same universe as the live action series. (Animated)
Amazing Stories (Apple TV+)
- A reboot of Steven Spielberg’s sci-fi anthology series.
The Angel Of Darkness (TNT)
- A limited series based on the sequel to Caleb Carr’s ‘The Alienist’.
- A secret student society in the heart of Amsterdam where best friends Rosa and Jacob surrender to a world of wealth and power. But slowly they start to realize they’ve entered a demonic place, built on secrets from The Netherlands’ past. A place where true power comes at a terrible price
[NEW] Army of the Dead (Netflix) **Movie
- Following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.
Arthdal Chronicles (Netflix)
- Depicts the birth of civilization and nations in ancient times. It is a story of mythical heroes, their struggle, unity and love of people living in a virtual land called Arth. Centered around the ancient city of Arthdal, established on Arth. Eunseom relentlessly fights to protect his own tribe and has strong protective instincts. Tagon is very charismatic and most talented, yet overwhelmingly dangerous. Tanya is the successor of Wahan Tribe clan mother, who realizes her destiny to protect her own people against other powerful tribes. Taealha is the most beautiful lady in Arthdal, and has the strongest desire for power.
Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix)
- This will be a live-action adaptation of the popular Nickelodeon animated series. Set in world people can manipulate the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, and Air, they lived peacefully in different regions until one started a world war. One master who can manipulate all four elements, dubbed the “Avatar,” had been able to prevent this war, but disappeared soon after. 100 years later, a new Avatar named Aang awakens and sets out on a journey to master all the elements in order to bring peace to the land once more.
Avenue 5 (HBO)
- Space tourism comedy set 40 years in the future when the solar system is everyone’s oyster.
Awake (Netflix) **Movie
- After a sudden global event wipes out all electronics and takes away humankind’s ability to sleep, chaos quickly begins to consume the world. Only Jill, an ex-soldier with a troubled past, may hold the key to a cure in the form of her own daughter. The question is, can Jill safely deliver her daughter and save the world before she herself loses her mind.
- Centers on Emma Green, an American astronaut who must leave her husband and teenage daughter behind in order to command an international space crew embarking upon a treacherous, year-long mission.
[NEW] Betaal (Netflix)
- A remote village becomes the theatre of a breathless battle when a two-century-old Betaal, a British Indian Army officer, and his battalion of zombie redcoats are unleashed.
Blade Runner: Black Lotus (Adult Swim & Crunchyroll)
- The story will take place in 2032 and will include some familiar characters from the BLADE RUNNER universe. (Animated)
- A Norwegian tongue-in-cheek horror anthology series, where each story is set in its own realistic, yet weird universe.
Calls (Apple TV+)
- An English-language remake of a French series where each episode consists of a playback of an audio recording—an airplane black box, a voicemail, a 911 call—that depict some sort of tragedy. They all tie to together to tell the story of some sort of impending apocalypse.
Catherine The Great (HBO)
- Set against the politically tumultuous and sexually charged court of Russian empress Catherine the Great. She wielded supreme power throughout Russia for nearly half of the 18th century; strong-minded, independent, brilliantly intelligent and sexually liberated, she was the definition of the modern woman.
Central Park (Apple TV+)
- The story of a how a family of caretakers who live and work in Central Park end up saving the park — and basically the world.
City Of Ghosts (Netflix)
- A group of kids discover stories around their city by communicating directly with the ghosts who inhabit it. [Hybrid Documentary / Animated]
Consider Phlebas (Amazon)
- Horza, a rogue agent tasked by the Idirans with the impossible mission of recovering a missing Culture ‘Mind,’ an artificial intelligence many thousands of times smarter than any human—something that could hold the key to wiping out the Culture altogether. Based on Iain M. Banks’ novel.
The Continental (Starz)
- A spin-off of the John Wick movies focusing on the inner-workings of the exclusive Continental Hotel, which serves as a refuge for assassins.
Cowboy Bebop (Netflix)
- A rag-tag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system’s most dangerous criminals. They’ll even save the world…for the right price. A live-action adaptation of the cult Japanese animated series.
Crossing Swords (Hulu)
- Patrick is a goodhearted peasant who lands a coveted squire position at the royal castle. His dream job quickly turns into a nightmare when he learns his beloved kingdom is run by a hornet’s nest of horny monarchs, crooks and charlatans. Even worse, Patrick’s valor made him the black sheep in his family, and now his criminal siblings have returned to make his life hell. (Animated)
- A re-imagining of the Arthurian legend, told through the eyes of Nimue, a teenage heroine with a mysterious gift who is destined to become the powerful (and tragic) Lady of the Lake. After her mother’s death, she finds an unexpected partner in Arthur, a young mercenary, in a quest to find Merlin and deliver an ancient sword. Over the course of her journey, Nimue will become a symbol of courage and rebellion against the terrifying Red Paladins, and their complicit King Uther.
- This dark comedy will follow a 17-year-old high school outcast who goes on a mission to find his missing girlfriend in post-apocalyptic Glendale, CA. Based on Brian Ralph’s graphic novel.
DC Super Hero Girls (Cartoon Network)
- The series follows the adventures of teenage versions of Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Bumblebee, Batgirl, Zatanna, and Jessica Cruz, who are students of Super Hero High. (Animated)
[NEW] Dead Still (Acorn TV, CityTv - Canada, RTE - Ireland)
- Dublin, 1880. The practice of memorial portraiture is at the height of its popularity – that is, the portrait photography of the recently deceased. As renowned memorial photographer Brock Blennerhasset expands his business with the help of his would-be actress niece Nancy Vickers and assistant Conall Molloy, someone with more sinister designs is getting in on the death photography game. A serial killer is cashing in on the sordid, developing taste for ‘snuff’ imagery – pictures of people in their death throes. The murders escalate and Detective Frederick Regan of the Dublin Metropolitan Police suspects that Ireland may have its first serial murderer at large. As Blennerhasset becomes a possible suspect and his family is put in harm’s way, they must track down the serial killer before he strikes again.
- Epic and intimate sci-fi fantasy drama revolving around a world’s battle against a monstrous, oppressive force.
- A computer engineer investigates the secretive development division in her company, which she believes is behind the disappearance of her boyfriend.
Dino Girl Gauko (Netflix)
- Set in Japan, Naoko Watanabe is a typical tween ... except that she possesses a strange gift and curse: when her anger exceeds a maximum level, she turns into Gauko, the fire-breathing dinosaur girl! (Animated)
Dispatches From Everywhere (AMC)
- Anthology series a group of ordinary people who stumble onto a puzzle hiding just behind the veil of everyday life. They will come to find that the mystery winds far deeper than they ever imagined.
Dracula (BBC One / Netflix)
- Three feature length episodes will re-introduce the world to Dracula, the vampire who made evil sexy. In Transylvania in 1897, the blood-drinking Count is drawing his plans against Victorian London. And be warned: the dead travel fast.
Endlings (Hulu / CBC - Canada)
- When the last elephant on Earth mysteriously vanishes, four foster kids discover that they’re not alone in the Universe, even though sometimes it can feel like they are. (Kids)
Escape From Hat (Netflix) - 2022
- In a fairy tale where black cats are bad and magic rabbits are good, balance is threatened when one such rabbit is cast into a mysterious realm of danger and shadow. There, our desperate hero rallies an unexpected band of allies and undertakes an impossible quest to escape from inside a magician’s hat - and return to the human boy he dearly loves.
Falcon and Winter Soldier, Marvel’s (Disney+)
- A limited series featuring Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson in new adventures.
Fast & Furious: Spy Racers (Netflix)
- Teenager Tony Toretto follows in the footsteps of his cousin Dom when he and his friends are recruited by a government agency to infiltrate an elite racing league serving as a front for a nefarious crime organization bent on world domination.
The Feed (Amazon)
- Set in London in the near future, it centers on the British family of Lawrence Hatfield, the man who invented an omnipresent technology called the Feed. Implanted into nearly everyone’s brain, it enables people to share information, emotions and memories instantly. But when things start to go wrong and users become murderous, the family is driven apart as they struggle to control the monster they have unleashed.
For All Mankind (Apple TV+)
- Explores what would have happened if the global space race had never ended. Previously untitled Ronald D Moore production.
Foundation (Apple TV+)
- An adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s science fiction trilogy about a mathematician named Hari Seldon, who developed a concept called psychohistory, which can predict the future on a large scale. When Hari foresees the fall of the Galactic Empire and a following dark age, he creates a Foundation in an attempt to ensure a more favorable outcome for humanity.
Gabby Duran And The Unsittables (Disney)
- Gabby Duran constantly feels like she’s living in the shadows of her uber-polished, successful mother and whip-smart younger sister. She finally finds her moment to shine when she inadvertently lands an out-of-this-world job to babysit an unruly group of very important extraterrestrial children who are hiding out on earth with their families, disguised as everyday kids.
Ghost Rider, Marvel’s (Hulu) - 2020
- Robbie Reyes is consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. Reyes lives on the Texas/Mexico border and when he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles to control the power he wields.
The Gift (Atiye) (Netflix)
- Follows the life of Atiye who is a young and beautiful painter and leads the perfect life in Istanbul; she has a loving family, a wealthy and lovable boyfriend, and to top it all off, she is about to open her first solo exhibition. But her perfect life is about to change with a discovery made in the most ancient temple on Earth, Göbekli Tepe. An archeologist named Erhan, discovers a symbol in the ruins, a symbol that connects Atiye to Göbekli Tepe in a very mysterious way. And now, Atiye will turn her life upside down and spark a quest to discover the secrets of her past, secrets hidden within those ancient ruins.
The Great (Hulu)
- Billed as an anti-historical ride through 18th century Russia, it details the rise to power of Catherine and her explosive relationship with her husband Peter, the emperor of Russia.
Guillermo Del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight (Netflix)
- Anthology collection of Guillermo del Toro’s personally curated stories, described as both equally sophisticated and horrific.
- The series will take place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Based on the video game franchise.
Harley Quinn (DC Universe)
- An adult animated series said to be loosely inspired by the current comics, where Harley has cut ties with the Joker and is causing trouble in Gotham City alongside her BFF Poison Ivy and other well known DC Comics characters.
The Haunting Of Bly Manor (Netflix) - 2020
- A follow-up to The Haunting of Hill House, the new season will feature a new house and new family. Based on the Henry James story ‘Turn of the Screw’.
Hawkeye, Marvel’s (Disney+)
- Described as an adventure series in which archery master Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, will pass the torch to Kate Bishop, a member of the group known as the Young Avengers, and first female to take the Hawkeye name after Clint.
Helstrom, Marvel’s (Hulu) - 2020
- Daimon and Ana Helstrom are the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer. The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity — each with their attitude and skills.
His Dark Materials (BBC One - UK)
- The new series is an adaptation of Pullman’s cult fantasy trilogy which consists of three books: Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. The series follows Lyra Belacqua, an orphan who lives in a world similar to ours “in which science, theology and magic are entwined”. In Lyra’s world, every person has a companion called a daemon which is magically linked to them by a substance called Dust.
Hit-Monkey, Marvel’s (Hulu)
- A wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. (Animated)
Howard The Duck, Marvel’s (Hulu)
- Howard is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. (Animated)
Hungry Ghosts (SBS - Australia) **4-Part Series
- Centres on three generations of Vietnamese Australian families touched by the effects of war. When a powerful amulet is broken on the eve of the Hungry Ghost Festival in Melbourne, a vengeful spirit is unleashed, bringing the dead with him.
I Am Not Okay With This (Netflix)
- A teen navigates the complexities of high school, family and her sexuality while dealing with new superpowers. Based on Charles Forsman’s graphic novel.
The I-Land (Netflix)
- When ten people wake up on a treacherous island with no memory of who they are or how they got there, they set off on a trek to try to get back home. They soon discover this world is not as it seems. Faced with the island’s extreme psychological and physical challenges, they must rise to their better selves — or die as their worst ones.
[NEW] In The Tall Grass (Netflix) **Movie
- After hearing a young boy’s cry for help, a sister and brother venture into a vast field of tall grass in Kansas but soon discover there may be no way out… and that something evil lurks within the tall grass.
Insect Cage (Netflix)
- Set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious disease “Cagaster” turns people into giant murderous insects, the series follows the struggle of a young couple to stay alive. (Animated)
- Revolves around Mark Grayson, a normal teenager except for the fact that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet. Shortly after his seventeenth birthday, Mark begins to develop powers of his own and enters into his father’s tutelage. Based on Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker’s comic book series. (Animated)
Jacob and the Sea Beast (Netflix) **Movie
- Tells the epic story of a charming seafarer who sails into uncharted waters and discovers an unlikely ally in a sea monster. (Animated)
Jupiter’s Legacy (Netflix)
- Follows the world’s first generation of superheroes who received their powers in the 1930s. Now, in present day, they are the revered elder guard, but their superpowered children struggle to live up to the legendary feats of their parents. Based on Mark Millar’s stories.
Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous
- Follows a group of six teenagers chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime experience at a new adventure camp on the opposite side of Isla Nublar. But when dinosaurs wreak havoc across the island, the campers are stranded. Unable to reach the outside world, they’ll need to go from strangers to friends to family if they’re going to survive. (Animated)
- A darkly comedic and contemporary reimagining of Greek mythology, exploring themes of gender politics, power, and life in the underworld.
Kid Cosmic (Netflix)
- About a young boy who dreams of becoming a hero, and when he stumbles across some cosmic stones of power, his dreams appear to have come true! Unfortunately, the reality of being a hero vs. the fantasy of being a hero are completely different and this challenge becomes the biggest battle he has to face. The Kid may be the good guy, but he’s really bad at it! (Animated)
Kipo and The Age of Wonderbeasts (Netflix)
- The Great Mutant Outbreak of 2017 caused creatures to grow to an incredible size and develop incredible intelligence, forcing humans to scatter for underground. After a giant mutant attack dumps her on the surface far away from her Terrarium home, Kipo gets a crash course on apocalyptic survival. She soon bands together with other surface dwellers -both human and mutant- on her journey to locate home, her father and the missing people of her underground city.
The Knight Before Christmas (Netflix) **Movie
- A medieval English knight is magically transported to the present day where he falls for a high school science teacher who is disillusioned by love.
Last Kids On Earth (Netflix).
- Follows thirteen-year-old Jack Sullivan and a band of suburban middle-schoolers who live in a decked-out tree house, play video games, gorge themselves on candy, and battle zombies in the aftermath of the monster apocalypse. It’s a hilarious series filled with wisecracking kids, crazy gadgets, a lifetime supply of zombies and giant-sized monsters. Based on Max Brallier’s book series “The Last Kids on Earth and the Cosmic Beyond”. (Animated)
Living With Yourself (Netflix)
- A man who’s burned out on life and love undergoes a mysterious treatment, only to find that he’s been replaced by a better version of himself.
Locke & Key (Netflix)
- After the murder of their father, the Locke family moves into the Keyhouse family estate, which is home to a bevy of secrets and magic. Based on the comics by Joe Hill.
Loki, Marvel’s (Disney+)
- Follows the Asgardian God of Mischief in new adventures.
Lovecraft Country (HBO)
- Follows 25-year-old Atticus Black, who joins up with his friend Letitia “Leti” Dandridge and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America to find his missing father. They must survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the malevolent spirits that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback. Based on the book by Matt Ruff.
M.O.D.O.K., Marvel’s (Hulu)
- An egomaniacal supervillain (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing) with a really big head and a really little body, struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. (Animated)
Maya and The Three (Netflix)
- Set in a mythical Mesoamerican inspired world, a warrior princess embarks on a quest to recruit three legendary fighters to help save the world of humankind and gods. (Animated)
- Chronicle of the modern world’s reaction to a man who first appears in the Middle East, creating a groundswell of followers around him claiming he is the Messiah. Is he sent from God or is he a dangerous fraud bent on dismantling the world’s geopolitical order? The story unfolds from multiple points of view.
Metropolis (DC Universe)
- Follows Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets.
Monsters At Work (Disney) - 2020
- The series picks up six months after the original movie, with the Monsters, Inc. power plant now harvesting the laughter of children to fuel the city of Monstropolis, thanks to Mike and Sulley’s discovery that laughter generates ten times more energy than screams. Billy Crystal and John Goodman will reprise their beloved roles as Mike and Sulley.
Motherland: Fort Salem (Freeform)
- Set in an alternate, present-day America where witches ended their persecution 300 years ago by cutting a deal with the U.S. government to fight for their country. The series follows three young women from basic training in combat magic into terrifying and thrilling early deployment. In this world, the traditional roles of gender and power are flipped with women on the front lines, the fight looming and terrorist threats that are strikingly familiar to our world, but with supernatural tactics and weapons.
My Father’s Dragon (Netflix) **Movie
- Tells the story of young run-away Elmer Elevator, who searches for a captive dragon on Wild Island and finds much more than he could ever have anticipated. (Animated)
The Nevers (HBO)
- A gang of Victorian women find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies and a mission that might change the world.
New Warriors, Marvel’s (???)
- Follows six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of The Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world … even if the world isn’t ready. Featuring Squirrel Girl, Mister Immortal, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Microbe and Debrii. (Comedy)
- A Silicon Valley pioneer discovers that one of his own creations – a powerful A.I. – might spell global catastrophe, and teams up with a cybercrime agent to fight a villain unlike anything we’ve ever seen – one whose greatest weapon against us is ourselves.
- When Alex, a boy obsessed with scary stories, is trapped by a witch in her modern, magical New York City apartment, his original hair-raising tales are the only thing keeping him safe as he desperately tries to find a way out of this twisted place.
October Faction (Netflix)
- Follows globetrotting monster hunters Fred and Deloris Allen who, after the death of Fred’s father, return to their hometown in upstate New York with their teenage children Geoff and Viv. As the family adjusts, Fred and Deloris must hide their identities as members of a secret organization, and our heroes quickly discover that their new small-town setting isn’t as idyllic as it seems. Based on the IDW comic by Steve Niles.
The Offenders, Marvel’s (Hulu)
- A story in which nobody asked them to — and we’d be better off if they didn’t — but MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe. (Animated)
The One (Netflix)
- Set in a world where a DNA test can find your perfect partner – the one person you’re genetically predisposed to fall passionately in love with. Based on the novel by John Marrs.
Over The Moon (Netflix) **Movie
- A CG musical adventure about a girl who builds a rocket ship to travel to the moon in order to prove to her father that a legendary Moon Goddess really exists. When she gets to the “other side” she unexpectedly discovers a whimsical world filled with fantastical creatures - some of whom threaten her and others who ultimately help her find her way home.
The Owl House (Disney)
- A horror-comedy series that follows Luz, a self-assured teenage human girl who accidentally stumbles upon a portal to the Demon Realm where she befriends a rebellious witch, Eda, and an adorably tiny warrior, King. Despite not having magical abilities, Luz pursues her dream of becoming a witch by serving as Eda’s apprentice at the Owl House and ultimately finds a new family in an unlikely setting. (Animated)
Pacific Rim (Netflix)
- Expanding the world of the two live-action movies, the series follows two siblings — an idealistic teenage boy and his naïve younger sister — who are forced to pilot an abandoned Jaeger across a hostile landscape in a desperate attempt to find their missing parents. (Anime)
- Set in the 1960s, the series follows the adventures of Dr. Refaat Ismail as he comes up against various supernatural events.
Penny Dreadful: City Of Angels (Showtime)
- Set in 1938 Los Angeles, the series will explore the conflict between characters connected to the deity Santa Muerte and others allied with the Devil.
The Phineas and Ferb Movie (Disney+) **Movie
- Centers on Phineas and Ferb as they set out across the galaxy to rescue Candace who has been abducted by aliens and has found utopia in a far-off planet, free of pesky little brothers.
The Plot Against America (HBO) **Mini-series
- Imagines an alternate American history told through the eyes of a working-class Jewish family in New Jersey, as they watch the political rise of Charles Lindbergh, an aviator-hero and xenophobic populist, who becomes president and turns the nation toward fascism. Based on the Philip Roth novel.
The Power (Amazon)
- Suddenly, and without warning, all teenage girls in the world develop the power to electrocute people at will. It’s hereditary, it’s inbuilt, and it can’t be taken away from them.
- Set in the small, fictitious town of Edda, situated in the grand, breathtaking Norwegian nature. The story revolves around the inhabitants of Edda, who are perhaps not all who they claim to be. With them, we experience a drastically changing world: melting poles, warm winters, violent downpours. Some might say we’re headed for yet another Ragnarok. Unless someone intervenes in time...
Raised By Wolves (TNT)
- Focuses on two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious, virgin planet. As the colony of humans divides over religious differences, the androids learn controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous, difficult job.
Raising Dion (Netflix)
- Nicole Reese raises her son Dion after the death of her husband Mark. The normal dramas of raising a son as a single mom are amplified when Dion starts to manifest several magical, superhero-like abilities. Nicole must now keep her son’s gifts secret with the help of Mark’s best friend Pat and protect Dion from antagonists out to exploit him while figuring out the origin of his abilities. Based on Dennis Liu’s short film and comic book.
The Raven Cycle (Syfy)
- The story of seventeen year old Blue Sargent who becomes involved with a group of four privileged private school boys on a quest to find a source of mythical and mysterious power hidden deep in rural Virginia. The closer they get to taking control of their destiny, the more threatening their journey becomes - both physically and emotionally, as Blue discovers she’s fated to kill one of the boys. Based on Maggie Stiefvater’s novels.
Reality Z (Netflix)
- A Brazilian version of the British series ‘Dead Set’. The series takes place during a zombie apocalypse that imprisons participants and producers of a reality show called Olimpo, The House of the Gods, during its elimination night. The studio becomes a shelter for those who seek salvation in Rio de Janeiro where chaos and hopelessness begin to rule.
Reborn (Netflix) **Movie
- Where do we go when we die? What’s waiting for us on the other side? Eighty-year old Bonnie Black finds out when she passes away in a Manhattan hospital and opens her eyes in the world of Adystria, a magical land of monsters and dragons where good and evil are waging an eternal war. Reborn in the prime of her life, she finds all her old friends and loved ones waiting… except the husband who died before her. Armed with a sword and partnered with her late father, she sets off through this battle-torn landscape on a quest to find out where he is. Based on the comic series by Mark Millar and Greg Capullo.
Resident Alien (Syfy)
- Dark, twisted and comedic fish-out-of-water story follows a crash-landed alien named Harry who, after taking on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor, slowly begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his secret mission on Earth — ultimately asking the question, “Are human beings worth saving?” Based on the Dark Horse comics series.
Resident Evil (Netflix)
- Based on the movie franchise, the series will further explore the inner workings of the Umbrella Corporation and the new world order resulting from the T-virus outbreak.
The Rocketeer (Disney Junior)
- A young girl named Kit discovers that she’s next in line to inherit The Rocketeer’s famous rocket-powered jetpack. She teams with her geeky best friend, Tesh, and her mechanic uncle to save the day and carry on the superheroic Rocketeer name. (Animated)
Sadie Sparks (Disney XD)
- 14-year-old Sadie finds out she has magical abilities and becomes a wizard-in-training, with the guidance and mentorship from a very old and very grumpy rabbit, Gilbert, who is sent to the human world from the Magical Realm to train Sadie and harness her volatile magical skills. Sadie must navigate the challenging world of high school, juggling exams while training to be a wizard. (Animated)
- Set in a world ravaged by ecological devastation, savage winds, and shifting dunes. At its center is a family who makes their way in this world as sand divers: the elite few who can travel deep beneath the desert floor to retrieve mysterious and valuable relics lost to the dust. Adrift in the wake of their father’s disappearance years ago, they rely on skill and each other to endure this ruthless environment where otherwise good people lie, sabotage, and kill in order to survive.
Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? (Boomerang)
- Faced with some of their toughest mysteries yet, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo will join forces with some of the biggest names in celebrity and pop culture including NBA superstar Chris Paul, recording artists Halsey and Sia, Ricky Gervais, Kenan Thompson, Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Mark Hamill, Steve Urkel (voiced by Jaleel White reprising his iconic role) Batman, Sherlock Holmes, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many more! (Animated)
See (Apple TV+)
- An epic, world-building drama set in a a future when the human race has lost the sense of sight, and society has had to find new ways to interact, to build, to hunt, to survive. All of that is challenged when a set of twins with sight is born.
Servant (Apple TV+)
- A 10-episode, half-hour psychological thriller by M. Knight Shyamalan.
Shadow and Bone (Netflix)
- In a world cleaved in two by a massive barrier of perpetual darkness, where unnatural creatures feast on human flesh, a young soldier uncovers a power that might finally unite her country. But as she struggles to hone her power, dangerous forces plot against her. Thugs, thieves, assassins and saints are at war now, and it will take more than magic to survive. Based on Leigh Bardgo’s books ‘Shadow and Bone’ and ‘Six Of Crows’.
- Over a school break, five teenagers at an isolated school in Northern Thailand find themselves haunted by the ghosts of their pasts, only to discover they are threatened by a much more terrifying mystery.
Sirens Of Titan (Syfy)
- The story follows Malachi Constant, the richest man in 22nd-century America. He possesses extraordinary luck which he attributes to divine favor and has used to build upon his father’s fortune. He becomes the center point of a journey that takes him from Earth to Mars in preparation for an interplanetary war, to Mercury with another Martian survivor of that war, back to Earth to be pilloried as a sign of Man’s displeasure with his arrogance, and finally to Titan where he again meets the man ostensibly responsible for the turn of events that have befallen him. Based on Kurt Vonnegut’s novel.
Snowpiercer (TNT) - Spring 2020
- Set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe, the program questions class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival. Based on Bong Joon-ho’s 2013 movie.
Solar Opposites (Hulu) - 2020
- A family of aliens from a better world must take refuge in Middle America. They disagree on whether this is awful or awesome. (Animated)
Space Force (Netflix)
- A workplace comedy centered around the people tasked with creating a sixth branch of the armed services… Space Force.
- A group of five teenagers are inadvertently drawn into an unearthly reality they cannot comprehend and that ties back to the same part of their town in 1908. Once confronted by increasingly bizarre and grim events, the group will reach an unfathomable conclusion: someone is bringing back the dead and those spirits will want vengeance for the mistakes done in the past.
- Nora is a young Berlin woman who wakes from a coma without any memory of her previous life after taking a mysterious drug. As she sets out to discover what happened to her, she begins to unravel a conspiracy of aliens who are using a synthetic drug to infiltrate humans to use as host bodies. The more truth Nora uncovers, the more of her own dark secret is revealed: She is the key to the invasion she is fighting.
Star Trek: Lower Decks (CBS All Access)
- Focusing on the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships. (Animated)
Star Trek: Section 31 (CBS All Access)
- A spin-off of Star Trek: Discovery, expanding Emperor Georgiou’s story as a member of Starfleet’s Section 31 division, a shadow organization within the Federation.
Star Trek - Untitled Animated Series (Nickelodeon)
- Follows a group of lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship and use it to search for adventure, meaning and salvation.
Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)
- Explores the next chapter in the life of Jean-Luc Picard.
Star Wars - Untitled Cassian Andor Series (Disney+)
- Follows the rebel spy during the formative years of the Rebellion prior to the events of Rogue One.
Stargirl (DC Universe)
- Follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore as she inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past.
- A coming-of-age story is about Leo Borlock, an average sixteen-year-old who is content to fly under the radar until an offbeat and unconventional new student named Stargirl shows up at his high school, turning his and everyone else’s world upside down, forever changing the way they see themselves and each other. Based on the Young Adult novel by Jerry Spinelli.
The Stranded (Netflix)
- 18 year old Kraam survives a devastating tsunami along with thirty-six of his fellow students at an elite private high school on a remote island in the Andaman Sea. As mysterious events start happening on the island, it quickly becomes clear that no one is coming to rescue them and Kraam must lead the students to rescue themselves.
The Strange Chores (ABC ME - Australia)
- Two teenage wannabe warrior-heroes and a spirited ghost girl master the skills they need to replace an ageing monster-slayer by doing his strange, supernatural chores... (Animated)
Tales From The Loop (Amazon)
- Explores the town and people who live above “The Loop,” a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe – making things possible that were previously relegated only to science fiction. In this fantastical, mysterious town, poignant human tales are told that bare universal emotional experiences while drawing on the intrigue of genre storytelling. Based on the art of Swedish artist Simon Stålenhag.
- Set in 1953 and follows Alfred and Lucky Emory, who decide to move their family from North Carolina to an all-white Los Angeles neighborhood. The family’s home on a tree-lined, seemingly idyllic street becomes ground zero where malevolent forces both real and supernatural threaten to taunt, ravage and destroy them.
The Three (BBC One - UK) **8-Part Mini-series
- The world is stunned when four commuter planes crash within hours of each other on different continents. Facing global panic, officials are under pressure to find the causes. With terrorist attacks and environmental factors ruled out, there doesn’t appear to be a correlation between the crashes, except that in three of the four air disasters a child survivor is found in the wreckage. Based on a trilogy by Sarah Lotz.
ThunderCats Roar (Cartoon Network)
- Another reboot of the late 80's animated series.
Tigra & Dazzler Show, Marvel’s (Hulu)
- Two woke superheroes and best friends fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. (Animated)
Time Bandits (Apple TV+)
- A reboots of Terry Gilliam’s time-traveling adventure comedy about a young boy who gets caught up with a troupe of thieves as they hop across history to steal treasure, ever on the run from the “supreme being” from whom they’ve stolen their time map.
The Time Traveler’s Wife (HBO)
- An intricate and magical love story about Clare and Henry, and a marriage with a problem… time travel. Based on the novel by Audrey Niffenegger.
- Explores the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Treadstone, a covert operation that uses behavior-modification protocol to turn its agents into nearly unstoppable superhuman assassins. It follows sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously “awakened” to resume their deadly missions.
- Set in a Manila where the mythical creatures of Philippine folklore live in hiding amongst humans, Alexandra Trese finds herself going head to head with a criminal underworld comprised of malevolent supernatural beings. (Animated)
Twelve Forever (Netflix)
- Finds 12-year-old Reggie creating a fantasy world in which birthdays are no-nos, becoming a sort of contemporary Neverland. Reggie is joined by friends Todd and Esther as they visit this amazing world in order to live out their superhero fantasies and escape the responsibilities of impending adulthood. (Animated)
- About a haunted house and a haunted book that stir the imagination of a group of young, wannabe ghost hunters, and a dog, determined to capture the ghost that plagues the notorious home in their neighbourhood in Goa. When a new family and their captivating daughter move into the haunted home, the crew finds it difficult to balance the demands of school and chores with the renewed urgency to capture the neighbourhood ghost before it is too late.
Untitled Mary Laws Project (Hulu)
- A contemporary horror anthology in which, through encounters with Gothic beasts, including fallen angels and werewolves, broken people are driven to desperate acts in an attempt to repair their lives, ultimately showing there is a thin line between man and beast. Based on the short stories collection ‘North American Lake Monsters: Stories’ by Nathan Ballingrud.
- Set in a future where humans are able to “upload” themselves into their preferred choice of afterlife. When Nathan meets his early death, he is greeted by the Nora in his version of heaven. As Nathan grows accustomed to life away from his loved ones, the alive Nora struggles to stay afloat working her job alongside Nathan in the afterlife.
- A group of young adults who meet online are mercilessly hunted by a shadowy Deep State organization after they come into possession of a near-mythical cult underground graphic novel. Within the comic’s pages, they discover the conspiracy theories that actually might be real and they’re forced into the dangerous, unique and ironic position of saving the world. Based on the 2013 UK series.
- Dr. Luther Swann enters a world of untold horror when a mysterious disease transforms his best friend, Michael Fayne, into a murderous predator who feeds on other humans. As the disease spreads and more people are transformed, society fractures into opposing camps pitting normal people against the growing number of these “vampires.” Swann races against time to understand what’s happening, while Fayne rises to become the powerful underground leader of the vampires. Based on the novel by Jonathan Maberry.
Vagrant Queen (Syfy) - 2020
- Follows Elida from child queen to orphaned outcast, as she scavenges the treacherous corners of the galaxy, always one step ahead of the Republic government out to extinguish her bloodline. When her old friend Isaac shows up claiming her mother Xevelyn is still alive, they head off with their new ally, Amae, to stage a rescue that will take her back into the perilous heart of her former kingdom and up against a deadly foe from her childhood, Commander Lazaro. Based on the comic series.
The Vampire Chronicles (Hulu)
- Based on Anne Rice’s vampire series featuring Lestat.
Vikingskool (Disney) - Late 2019
- Follows a group of young would-be Viking warriors in an elite Vikingskool. At the center of these humorous and exciting adventures into a mystical world are Erik, Arnie, and Ilba, each of whom come with their own strengths and weaknesses. (Animated)
WandaVision, Marvel’s (Disney+)
- Presumably following Scarlet Witch and The Vision’s relationship somewhere between the events of Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War.
War For Cybertron (Netflix) - 2020
- A Transformers origin story, exploring the expansive universe of Cybertron.
War Of The Worlds (BBC One)
- A three-part adaptation of H.G. Wells’ famous novel, set at the dawn of the twentieth century.
War Of The Worlds (Fox - UK)
- A modern day re-imagining of H.G. Wells’ classic.
Warrior Nun (Netflix)
- A 19 year-old woman wakes up in a morgue with a new lease on life and a divine artifact embedded in her back. She discovers she is now part of an ancient order that has been tasked with fighting demons on Earth, and powerful forces representing both heaven and hell want to find and control her. Based on the Manga novels.
The Watch (BBC America)
- Inspired by the “City Watch” subset Sir Terry Pratchett’s Discworld novels, it follows misfit cops who fight to save a ramshackle city of normalized wrongness, from both the past and future in a perilous quest. It features City Watch Captain Sam Vimes, the last scion of nobility Lady Sybil Ramkin, the naïve but heroic Carrot, the mysterious Angua and the ingenious non-binary forensics expert Cheery.
Watchmen (HBO) - October
- The dark satirical and dystopian take on the superhero genre is set in an alternate history in the year 1985 at the height of the Cold War between the U.S. and Soviet Union. It revolves around a group of mostly retired American superheroes who investigate the murder of one of their own and in the process uncover a conspiracy that could change the course of history as we know it.
We Were Tomorrow (Syfy) **6-part series
- When a meteor collides with the moon, the Earth is ravaged by catastrophic natural disasters. A small percentage of the population is relocated to an alternate world – the New World – and given three lifetimes to rebuild humanity. With the New World in dire straits, twin siblings, Noah and Evelyn, must navigate through three lifetimes to find William and Siena, who bare the other half of their branded keys. The keys, when connected, open a doorway to Earth, a year before the meteor hits, enabling them to warn mankind. Cain, a man cursed with immortality, hunts them down to stop them.
Wendell & Wild (Netflix)
- Two demon brothers escape the Underworld and find themselves in a town where they must evade a demon-duster teenager, Kat, who is trying to destroy them. (Animated)
What If...?, Marvel’s (Disney+)
- An animated anthology series where each episode takes a pivotal moment from the MCU and turns it on it’s head.
The Wheel Of Time (Amazon)
- Set in a sprawling, epic world where magic exists but only women can use it, the story follows Moiraine, a member of the shadowy and influential all-female organization called the Aes Sedai, as she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women. Moiraine believes one of them might be the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful individual, whom prophecies say will either save humanity or destroy it.
The Witcher (Netflix) - Fall
- Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together. Based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s book series.
- The final chapter of the Tales of Arcadia culminates in an apocalyptic battle for the control of magic that will ultimately determine the fate of these supernatural worlds that have now converged. From creator/executive producer Guillermo del Toro and DreamWorks. (Animated)
Wolfwalkers (Apple TV+)
- A tale about a young hunter who comes to Ireland with her father to wipe out the last pack of evil wolves, but instead befriends a wild native girl who runs with them. (Animated)
Wonder Park (Nickelodeon)
- A 12-year-old girl who rediscovers a fantastical theme park she dreamed up in her youth and finds that it’s a real, living place in need of repair … and defense. Based on the 2019 movie.
Y: The Last Man (FX) - 2020
- The story of an apocalyptic plague that wipes out every mammal with a Y chromosome, except an unassuming wannabe escape artist named Yorick Brown. His monkey Ampersand is the only other surviving male mammal. Based on the comic by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra.
- Set in a war-torn Japan of mechs and magic, the series follows a retired ronin who must take up his sword when he is charged with the task of transporting a mysterious child who dark forces want to eliminate. (Animated)
[NEW] Zero (Netflix)
- Tells the story of a shy African origin guy, second generation Italian, who has an incredible super power. A modern superhero who, thanks to his power, will learn how to open up to the world and to love.
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (Amazon)
- Zoey Clarke is a whip-smart computer coder froging her way in San Fransisco. After an unusual event she starts to hear the innermost wants and desires of the people around her through songs. At first, she questions her own sanity but soon realizes this unwanted curse may just be an incredibly wonderful gift.
TBA - RETURNING
Rick and Morty (Adult Swim) - November