With the new year comes new shows, as well as the return of all those fall shows that took a break for the holidays. Lemony Snicket’s story wraps up this month, as does the first season adventures of the Thirteenth Doctor. New shows feature government viruses, zombies, an assassin school, an alien police officer, mythbusters and legend hunters. Returning shows continue the stories of the U.S.S. Discovery, Josh Futturman, Quentin Coldwater, Bristol Cove and Gotham City. Continue on below to find out what will be on your screens this winter.
Bolded title = premiere
Italicized bolded title = finale (mid, season, series, etc)
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Netflix) **Interactive Movie
- In 1984, a young programmer begins to question reality as he adapts a sprawling fantasy novel into a video game and soon faces a mind-mangling challenge.
Into the Dark: New Year, New You (Hulu)
- In the era of “self-care” mania, a group of millennial friends gather for a girls’ night reunion on New Year’s Eve to reconnect and reminiscence. But as they begin to rehash old memories and revisit an old party game of “Never, Have I Ever,” gripes and secrets they’ve been harboring manifest in nefarious and surprising ways.
Midnight, Texas (NBC) **Series Finale
Niko and the Sword of Light (Amazon)
- Niko is the last of his kind in a strange world, and he embarks on an epic quest to bring light back to his land. With his magic sword, Niko journeys to the Cursed Volcano, making friends and enemies while uncovering secrets about his strange past. (Animated)
Van Helsing (Syfy) **Season Finale
Z Nation (Syfy) **Series Finale
The Orville (Fox) *Post-NFL game premiere, Special night
Bloom (Stan - Australia) **Web series
- One year after a devastating flood kills five locals in an idyllic country town, a mysterious new plant appears with the power to restore their youth. It’s a miracle gift that some will kill to keep secret.
Deadly Class (Space - Canada) **Sneak Preview
Doctor Who: Resolution (BBC) **Special
- As the New Year begins, a terrifying evil is stirring, from across the centuries of Earth’s history. As the Doctor , Ryan, Graham and Yaz return home, will they be able to overcome the threat to planet Earth?
The Gifted (Fox)
A Series Of Unfortunate Events (Netflix) **Final Season
Mythbusters Jr. (Science)
- MythBusters spinoff features six young regulars (aged 12-15) alongside returning host Adam Savage.
Runaways, Marvel’s (Showcase - Canada) **2-hour premiere
The Orville (Fox) **Time-period premiere
Star Trek: Short Treks - ‘The Escape Artist’ (CBS All Access) **Season Finale
- Harry Mudd, back to his old tricks of stealing and double-dealing, finds himself in a precarious position aboard a hostile ship – just in time to try out his latest con.
Tell Me A Story (CBS All Access) **Season Finale
Young Justice: Outsiders (DC Universe)
- The show’s core team will feature Static, Kid Flash, Tim Drake’s Robin, Wonder Girl, Spoiler, Blue Beetle, Arrowette, Arsenal, Beast Boy and Thirteen.
Milo Murphy’s Law (Disney) **Premiere episode features Phineas & Ferb
Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy (Discovery Family)
- Five students of the Rescue Bots Training Academy from Cybertron — Hot Shot, Whirl, Medix, Hoist and Wedge — learn to respond to emergency situations and become heroes.
God Friended Me (CBS)
Houdini’s Last Secrets (Science)
- With the help of skilled engineers, accomplished illusionists, and a member of his own bloodline, the series looks to uncover the methods to Houdini’s magic and madness.
Crunch Time (El Rey) **Previous released on Rooster Teeth
- In a highly classified location, four brilliant, obnoxious grad students are interrogated by government operatives. Why? Because the world is about to end, and it’s all their fault. After using reckless “cutting-edge” science for their own petty purposes, this rag tag team creates a small but potentially world-ending black hole in their college lab. The clock is ticking for this secret government agency to clean up the mess these “wannabe scientists” have made.
Legend Hunter (Travel)
- Follows scientist, explorer and paranormal researcher Pat Spain as he delves into dark and compelling mysteries — both contemporary and historical, familiar and obscure.
Project Blue Book (History)
- Chronicles the true top-secret U.S. Air Force-sponsored investigations into UFO-related phenomena in the 1950s and ’60s, known as “Project Blue Book.” It follows Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a brilliant college professor recruited by the Air Force to spearhead this clandestine operation that researched thousands of cases, many of which were never solved. Each episode will draw from the actual files, blending UFO theories with authentic historical events from one of the most mysterious eras in U.S. history.
Godzilla: The Planet Eater (Netflix) **Movie
- Epic re-imagining of the Godzilla world in a futuristic setting that pits humans and robots against the biggest Godzilla ever seen in an interplanetary struggle for survival. With the earth alliance weakened, Haruo weighs siding with the Exif, whose death cult is summoning a monster that can destroy the world. (Animated)
The Good Place (NBC)
Roswell: Mysteries Decoded (CW) **Special
- This all-new special takes an extensive look into an active cold case investigation involving an unexplained crash in Roswell, New Mexico in the summer of 1947. Led by investigator Jennifer Marshall and Ufologist Ryan Sprague, the duo will attempt to uncover new evidence that could reveal one of the greatest government cover-ups of the 20th century.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW)
Future Man (Hulu)
Titans (Netflix - except US)
- Follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging. Dick Grayson and Rachel Roth, a special young girl possessed by a strange darkness, get embroiled in a conspiracy that could bring Hell on Earth. Joining them along the way are the hot-headed Starfire and loveable Beast Boy. Together they become a surrogate family and team of heroes.
Tigtone (Adult Swim)
- The saga of a quest-addicted hero who slashes his way across a satirical fantasy universe with melodramatic ferocity, always obeying the letter of the law, but never its spirit. (Animated)
The Passage (Fox)
- Centers around a secret government medical facility experimenting with a dangerous virus that could either cure all disease or cause the downfall of the human race. The series focuses on a 10-year old girl named Amy Bellafonte, who is chosen to be a test subject for this experiment and Brad Wolgast, the Federal agent who becomes her surrogate father as he tries to protect her. Based on author Justin Cronin’s best-selling trilogy.
The Flash (CW)
Roswell, New Mexico (CW / Showcase - Canada)
- After reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, the daughter of undocumented immigrants discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: he’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.
Deadly Class (Syfy / Space - Canada)
- Follows a disillusioned teen recruited into a storied high school for assassins. Maintaining his moral code while navigating a ruthless curriculum, vicious social cliques, and his own adolescent uncertainties may prove fatal. Set against the backdrop of late 80s counter culture. Based on the smash hit comic series by Rick Remender.
A Discovery Of Witches (Sundance Now / Shudder) **Full season release
- About a powerful witch at Oxford named Diana, who’s trying to suppress her magic until she meets a handsome and mysterious vampire named Matthew Clairmont, played in the series by Matthew Goode. Their budding love is tested as they are catapulted into a dangerous mystery surrounding Diana’s untapped power and Ashmole 782, an elusive tome that witches, vampires, and daemons alike would do anything to obtain. Based on the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness.
Stan Against Evil (Space - Canada)
Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access / Space - Canada)
Carmen Sandiego (Netflix)
- A master thief who uses her skills for good, Carmen Sandiego travels the world foiling V.I.L.E.’s evil plans — with help from her savvy sidekicks.
IO (Netflix) **Movie
- A teenager surviving as one of the last people on an abandoned post-cataclysmic Earth, races to find a cure for her poisoned home world before the last shuttle off the planet to the distant human space colony leaves her stranded.
The Punisher, Marvel’s (Netflix)
Black Lightning (CW) **New Day
Knight Fight (History)
- Each episode challenges six contestants to craft customized, era-specific armour and weapons, ready for action in the Armored Combat League. Then they have to put their metal where their mouth is, and compete in a series of battle challenges against each other to see who has the guts, skill and smarts to emerge victorious.
The Magicians (Syfy / Showcase - Canada)
The Good Place (NBC) **Season Finale
Animas (Netflix) **Movie
- When her best friend starts acting odd after a strange accident, a young woman descends into a living hell where nightmare and reality are blurred.
- A zombie thriller set in Korea’s medieval Joseon dynasty, featuring a crown prince sent on a suicide mission to investigate a mysterious outbreak.
Young Justice: Outsiders (DC Universe) **Mid-season finale
gen:Lock (Rooster Teeth)
- Earth’s last free society is on the losing side of a global war, and recruits a diverse team of young pilots to control the next generation of giant, weaponized robot bodies known as mecha. These daring recruits will find, however, that their newfound abilities come at no small cost. (Animated)
Outlander (Starz) **Season Finale
Z Nation - Season 5 (Netflix)
Always A Witch (Netflix)
- Carmen is a slave and a witch. She is 19 years old and is about to be burned at the stake for having committed a crime that cannot be forgiven: falling for a white man. But an old wizard offers her salvation—the ability to jump in time to a place where no one believes in witches. She will be able to travel if she agrees to use none of the powers. She agrees and finds herself in nowadays Colombia, starting a new life, meeting friends and even going to college. But once a witch, always a witch.
Into The Dark: Down (Hulu)
Russian Doll (Netflix)
- About a woman caught in a Groundhog Day-type loop, repeatedly attending the same party, dying, and waking up the next day unharmed.
The Walking Dead (AMC)
Miracle Workers (TBS)
- An anthology comedy series, with the first season based on Simon Rich’s book ‘What In God’s Name’. God has decided to focus on his favorite hobbies, so Craig, a low level angel responsible for handling all of humanity’s prayers, must step in to prevent Earth’s destruction.
Doom Patrol (DC Universe)
- A re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them.
Kim Possible (Disney)
- A live-action movie based on the animated series about an average high-school cheerleader, who saves the world from supervillains in her spare time.
The Umbrella Academy (Netflix)
- Based on the Dark Horse comics written by Gerard Way, the series follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they work together to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities.
Counterpart (Starz) **Season Finale
Shadowhunters (Freeform) **Final Season, 2-hour Premiere
Cannon Busters (Netflix)
- Tells the story of a royal droid named S.A.M., who is searching for her best friend, and heir to the throne. Along the way, she’s joined by an old maintenance droid and a fugitive.
Into The Dark: Treehouse (Hulu)
Cosmos: Possible Worlds (Fox & Nat Geo)
- The sequel to the acclaimed reboot of Carl Sagan’s landmark science documentary series, Possible Worlds, will go further into the mysteries of the universe. Hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
American Gods (Starz)
Now Apocalypse (Starz)
- Follows Ulysses, who is struggling to figure out his life in the surreal and bewildering city of Los Angeles. Between sexual and romantic dating-app adventures, Ulysses grows increasingly troubled as foreboding, premonitory dreams make him wonder if some kind of dark and monstrous conspiracy is going on — or if he is just smoking too much weed.
Black Lightning (CW) **Season Finale
Legacies (CW) **Season Finale
Legends Of Tomorrow, DC’s (CW)
- Centers on a man possessing the spirit and DNA of the legendary hero Ultraman as he wears a metallic ultra suit and fights against evil. (Anime)
The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina (Netflix)
Game Of Thrones (HBO)
Roswell, New Mexico (CW) **Season Finale
Supernatural (CW) **Season Finale
The 100 (CW)
iZombie (CW) **Final Season
Stranger Things (Netflix)
Doctor Who (BBC / BBC America / Space - Canada)
Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest (Disney XD)
Star Wars: Resistance (Disney)
Star Trek: Short Treks (CBS All Access)
Steven Universe (Cartoon Network)
Tell Me A Story (CBS All Access)
New entries marked with [NEW].
Alien News Desk (Syfy) - Early 2019
- A weekly, half-hour topical animated series set in an extraterrestrial newsroom.
Amazing Stories (Apple)
- A reboot of Steven Spielberg’s sci-fi anthology series.
Amphibia (Disney) - 2019
- Chronicles the adventures of 13-year-old, self-centered Anne Boonchuy who is magically transported to the fictitious world of Amphibia, a rural marshland full of frog-people. With the help of an excitable young frog named Sprig, Anne will transform into a hero and discover the first true friendship of her life. (Animated)
The Angel Of Darkness (TNT)
- A limited series based on the sequel to Caleb Carr’s ‘The Alienist’.
Another Life (Netflix)
- Astronaut Niko Breckinridge is focused on searching for alien intelligence, leading a crew on a mission to explore the genesis of an alien artifact. As Niko and her young crew investigate, they face unimaginable danger on what might very well be a one-way mission.
Altered Carbon (Netflix)
- Set in the same universe as the live action series. (Animated)
Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix)
- This will be a live-action adaptation of the popular Nickelodeon animated series. Set in world people can manipulate the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, and Air, they lived peacefully in different regions until one started a world war. One master who can manipulate all four elements, dubbed the “Avatar,” had been able to prevent this war, but disappeared soon after. 100 years later, a new Avatar named Aang awakens and sets out on a journey to master all the elements in order to bring peace to the land once more.
- Centers on Emma Green, an American astronaut who must leave her husband and teenage daughter behind in order to command an international space crew embarking upon a treacherous, year-long mission.
Black Summer (Netflix) - Early 2019
- A mother, torn from her daughter, who embarks upon a harrowing journey, stopping at nothing to find her. Thrust alongside a small group of American refugees, she must brave a hostile new world and make brutal decisions during the most deadly summer of a zombie apocalypse.
Blade Runner: Black Lotus (Adult Swim & Crunchyroll)
- The story will take place in 2032 and will include some familiar characters from the BLADE RUNNER universe. (Animated)
Blood & Treasure (CBS) - Summer 2019
- A brilliant antiquities expert and a cunning art thief team up to catch a ruthless terrorist who funds his attacks through stolen treasure. As they crisscross the globe hunting their target, they unexpectedly find themselves in the center of a 2,000-year-old battle for the cradle of civilization.
The Boys (Amazon) - 2019
- Set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Based on the Garth Ennis comic.
Carnival Row (Amazon) - 2019
- Mythical creatures fleeing their war-torn homeland have gathered in in a neo-Victorian city, and tensions are simmering between citizens and the growing immigrant population. The fantasy noir follows the investigation of a string of unsolved murders that are eating away at whatever uneasy peace still exists.
Catherine The Great (HBO)
- Set against the politically tumultuous and sexually charged court of Russian empress Catherine the Great. She wielded supreme power throughout Russia for nearly half of the 18th century; strong-minded, independent, brilliantly intelligent and sexually liberated, she was the definition of the modern woman.
Central Park (Apple)
- The story of a how a family of caretakers who live and work in Central Park end up saving the park — and basically the world.
- A young heart attack survivor becomes consumed by the mystery surrounding the heart that saved her life. However, the closer she gets to uncovering the truth about her donor’s sudden death, the more she starts taking on the characteristics of the deceased — some of which are troublingly sinister.
Consider Phlebas (Amazon)
- Horza, a rogue agent tasked by the Idirans with the impossible mission of recovering a missing Culture ‘Mind,’ an artificial intelligence many thousands of times smarter than any human—something that could hold the key to wiping out the Culture altogether. Based on Iain M. Banks’ novel.
Cowboy Bebop (Netflix)
- A rag-tag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system’s most dangerous criminals. They’ll even save the world…for the right price. A live-action adaptation of the cult Japanese animated series.
Crossing Swords (Hulu)
- Patrick is a goodhearted peasant who lands a coveted squire position at the royal castle. His dream job quickly turns into a nightmare when he learns his beloved kingdom is run by a hornet’s nest of horny monarchs, crooks and charlatans. Even worse, Patrick’s valor made him the black sheep in his family, and now his criminal siblings have returned to make his life hell. (Animated)
- A re-imagining of the Arthurian legend, told through the eyes of Nimue, a teenage heroine with a mysterious gift who is destined to become the powerful (and tragic) Lady of the Lake. After her mother’s death, she finds an unexpected partner in Arthur, a young mercenary, in a quest to find Merlin and deliver an ancient sword. Over the course of her journey, Nimue will become a symbol of courage and rebellion against the terrifying Red Paladins, and their complicit King Uther.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix)
- In this prequel to the fantasy classic, three young Gelflings inspire a rebellion against the cruel emperor when they discover a horrifying secret.
[NEW] Daybreak (Netflix)
- This dark comedy will follow a 17-year-old high school outcast who goes on a mission to find his missing girlfriend in post-apocalyptic Glendale, CA. Based on Brian Ralph graphic novel.
[NEW] DC Super Hero Girls (Cartoon Network)
- The series follows the adventures of teenage versions of Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Bumblebee, Batgirl, Zatanna, and Jessica Cruz, who are students of Super Hero High. (Animated)
- Epic and intimate sci-fi fantasy drama revolving around a world’s battle against a monstrous, oppressive force.
Dispatches From Everywhere (AMC)
- Anthology series a group of ordinary people who stumble onto a puzzle hiding just behind the veil of everyday life. They will come to find that the mystery winds far deeper than they ever imagined.
Dwight in Shining Armor (BYUtv)
- Dwight, a 21st century teen, falls into an ancient, underground chamber and lands lip-to-lip with Gretta, a gothic princess who has been magically sleeping for a thousand years. Dwight’s “kiss” awakens Gretta, her court magician, Baldric, as well as scores of medieval villains. Gretta and Baldric come from a rough and tough gothic war zone. They have no way of understanding 21st century manners or political climate. And they’re not really interested in adapting – they’ve got bigger concerns because all the problems from their world have followed them here.
Endlings (Hulu / CBC - Canada)
- When the last elephant on Earth mysteriously vanishes, four foster kids discover that they’re not alone in the Universe, even though sometimes it can feel like they are. (Kids)
The Feed (Amazon)
- Set in London in the near future, it centers on the British family of Lawrence Hatfield, the man who invented an omnipresent technology called the Feed. Implanted into nearly everyone’s brain, it enables people to share information, emotions and memories instantly. But when things start to go wrong and users become murderous, the family is driven apart as they struggle to control the monster they have unleashed.
For All Mankind (Apple)
- Explores what would have happened if the global space race had never ended. Previously untitled Ronald D Moore production.
- An adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s science fiction trilogy about a mathematician named Hari Seldon, who developed a concept called psychohistory, which can predict the future on a large scale. When Hari foresees the fall of the Galactic Empire and a following dark age, he creates a Foundation in an attempt to ensure a more favorable outcome for humanity.
Gabby Duran And The Unsittables (Disney)
- Gabby Duran constantly feels like she’s living in the shadows of her uber-polished, successful mother and whip-smart younger sister. She finally finds her moment to shine when she inadvertently lands an out-of-this-world job to babysit an unruly group of very important extraterrestrial children who are hiding out on earth with their families, disguised as everyday kids.
Good Omens (Amazon) - Early 2019 **Mini-series
- It’s 2018, the Apocalypse is near and Final Judgment is set to descend upon humanity. The armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, and tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon are not actually looking forward to the coming war, and someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist. Based on the Neil Gaiman novel.
Guillermo Del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight (Netflix)
- Anthology collection of Guillermo del Toro’s personally curated stories, described as both equally sophisticated and horrific.
- Equal parts a high-concept thriller and coming-of-age drama, it follows the journey of an extraordinary young girl as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is. Based on the 2011 feature film.
Harley Quinn (DC Universe)
- An adult animated series said to be loosely inspired by the current comics, where Harley has cut ties with the Joker and is causing trouble in Gotham City alongside her BFF Poison Ivy and other well known DC Comics characters.
His Dark Materials (BBC One - UK)
- The new series is an adaptation of Pullman’s cult fantasy trilogy which consists of three books: Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. The series follows Lyra Belacqua, an orphan who lives in a world similar to ours “in which science, theology and magic are entwined”. In Lyra’s world, every person has a companion called a daemon which is magically linked to them by a substance called Dust.
The I-Land (Netflix)
- When ten people wake up on a treacherous island with no memory of who they are or how they got there, they set off on a trek to try to get back home. They soon discover this world is not as it seems. Faced with the island’s extreme psychological and physical challenges, they must rise to their better selves — or die as their worst ones.
The Inbetween (NBC) - Midseason 2019
- Cassie Bishop can see and communicate with the dead, helping them with their unresolved problems, whether she likes it or not. When her longtime friend Det. Tom Hackett and his new partner, former FBI Agent Damien Asante, need help solving a darkly puzzling murder, Cassie agrees to use her abilities. Despite her reluctance, she may have found a way to keep her demons at bay, all while solving some of the city’s most challenging cases.
Infinity Train (Adult Swim)
- A precocious young girl named Tulip who finds herself on a train full of cars containing infinite worlds and tries to find her way home. (Animated)
Insect Cage (Netflix)
- Set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious disease “Cagaster” turns people into giant murderous insects, the series follows the struggle of a young couple to stay alive. (Animated)
[NEW] Invincible (Amazon)
- Revolves around Mark Grayson, a normal teenager except for the fact that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet. Shortly after his seventeenth birthday, Mark begins to develop powers of his own and enters into his father’s tutelage. Based on Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker’s comic book series. (Animated)
- Supernatural drama follows a group of Arab teenagers whose lives are disrupted when a spiritual figure appears in front of them in the ancient city of Petra. They must try and stop Jinn from destroying the world.
- A darkly comedic and contemporary reimagining of Greek mythology, exploring themes of gender politics, power, and life in the underworld.
Kid Cosmic (Netflix)
- About a young boy who dreams of becoming a hero, and when he stumbles across some cosmic stones of power, his dreams appear to have come true! Unfortunately, the reality of being a hero vs. the fantasy of being a hero are completely different and this challenge becomes the biggest battle he has to face. The Kid may be the good guy, but he’s really bad at it! [Animated]
[NEW] The Last Kids On Earth (Netflix).
- Follows thirteen-year-old Jack Sullivan and a band of suburban middle-schoolers who live in a decked-out tree house, play video games, gorge themselves on candy, and battle zombies in the aftermath of the monster apocalypse. It’s a hilarious series filled with wisecracking kids, crazy gadgets, a lifetime supply of zombies and giant-sized monsters. Based on Max Brallier’s book series “The Last Kids on Earth and the Cosmic Beyond”. (Animated)
Locke & Key (Netflix)
- After the murder of their father, the Locke family moves into the Keyhouse family estate, which is home to a bevy of secrets and magic. Based on the comics by Joe Hill.
Lovecraft Country (HBO)
- Follows 25-year-old Atticus Black, who joins up with his friend Letitia “Leti” Dandridge and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America to find his missing father. They must survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the malevolent spirits that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback. Based on the book by Matt Ruff.
The Mandalorian (Disney Streaming Service)
- Set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. The series follows the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
Messiah (Netflix) - 2019
- Chronicle of the modern world’s reaction to a man who first appears in the Middle East, creating a groundswell of followers around him claiming he is the Messiah. Is he sent from God or is he a dangerous fraud bent on dismantling the world’s geopolitical order? The story unfolds from multiple points of view.
Metropolis (DC Universe) - 2019
- Follows Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets.
The Nevers (HBO)
- A gang of Victorian women find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies and a mission that might change the world.
New Warriors, Marvel’s (???)
- Follows six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of The Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world … even if the world isn’t ready. Featuring Squirrel Girl, Mister Immortal, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Microbe and Debrii. (Comedy)
- Vic McQueen is a young, working-class artist who discovers she has a supernatural ability to track the seemingly immortal Charlie Manx. Manx feeds off the souls of children, then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland, a twisted Christmas Village of Manx’s imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic must strive to defeat Manx and rescue his victims – without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself. Based on the novel by Joe Hill.
October Faction (Netflix)
- Follows globetrotting monster hunters Fred and Deloris Allen who, after the death of Fred’s father, return to their hometown in upstate New York with their teenage children Geoff and Viv. As the family adjusts, Fred and Deloris must hide their identities as members of a secret organization, and our heroes quickly discover that their new small-town setting isn’t as idyllic as it seems. Based on the IDW comic by Steve Niles.
The Order (Netflix)
- College freshman Jack Morton joins a fabled secret society, The Order, where he is thrust into a world of magic, monsters and intrigue. As Jack goes deeper, he uncovers dark family secrets and an underground battle between werewolves and the magical dark arts.
Osmosis (Netflix) - 2019
- Paris, in the near future. Technology has conquered the last frontier: decoding true love. Digging deep into its user’s brain data, the new dating app “OSMOSIS” can find a perfect match with 100% accuracy, turning the concept of absolute soulmate into a reality. But is there a price to pay when letting an algorithm decide who you will love, forever and ever? When in exchange for this undying, ageless love, technology can access the innermost recesses of your mind — and the best kept secrets of your heart...
The Owl House (Disney)
- A horror-comedy series that follows Luz, a self-assured teenage human girl who accidentally stumbles upon a portal to the Demon Realm where she befriends a rebellious witch, Eda, and an adorably tiny warrior, King. Despite not having magical abilities, Luz pursues her dream of becoming a witch by serving as Eda’s apprentice at the Owl House and ultimately finds a new family in an unlikely setting. (Animated)
Pacific Rim (Netflix)
- Expanding the world of the two live-action movies, the series follows two siblings — an idealistic teenage boy and his naïve younger sister — who are forced to pilot an abandoned Jaeger across a hostile landscape in a desperate attempt to find their missing parents. (Anime)
- A Batman prequel series set in 1960's London and based around Alfred Pennyworth in his pre-butlering days when he was a secret service military hero and set up his own security company.
- A retired assassin who’s forced back into his old ways after an attempt on his life. Based on the Dark Horse graphic novel Polar: Came From The Cold.
Raised By Wolves (TNT)
- Focuses on two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious, virgin planet. As the colony of humans divides over religious differences, the androids learn controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous, difficult job.
Raising Dion (Netflix)
- Nicole Reese raises her son Dion after the death of her husband Mark. The normal dramas of raising a son as a single mom are amplified when Dion starts to manifest several magical, superhero-like abilities. Nicole must now keep her son’s gifts secret with the help of Mark’s best friend Pat and protect Dion from antagonists out to exploit him while figuring out the origin of his abilities. Based on Dennis Liu’s short film and comic book.
The Raven Cycle (Syfy)
- The story of seventeen year old Blue Sargent who becomes involved with a group of four privileged private school boys on a quest to find a source of mythical and mysterious power hidden deep in rural Virginia. The closer they get to taking control of their destiny, the more threatening their journey becomes - both physically and emotionally, as Blue discovers she’s fated to kill one of the boys. Based on Maggie Stiefvater’s novels.
The Rocketeer (Disney Junior)
- A young girl named Kit discovers that she’s next in line to inherit The Rocketeer’s famous rocket-powered jetpack. She teams with her geeky best friend, Tesh, and her mechanic uncle to save the day and carry on the superheroic Rocketeer name. (Animated)
Sadie Sparks (Disney XD)
- 14-year-old Sadie finds out she has magical abilities and becomes a wizard-in-training, with the guidance and mentorship from a very old and very grumpy rabbit, Gilbert, who is sent to the human world from the Magical Realm to train Sadie and harness her volatile magical skills. Sadie must navigate the challenging world of high school, juggling exams while training to be a wizard. (Animated)
- Set in a world ravaged by ecological devastation, savage winds, and shifting dunes. At its center is a family who makes their way in this world as sand divers: the elite few who can travel deep beneath the desert floor to retrieve mysterious and valuable relics lost to the dust. Adrift in the wake of their father’s disappearance years ago, they rely on skill and each other to endure this ruthless environment where otherwise good people lie, sabotage, and kill in order to survive.
[NEW] Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? (Boomerang)
- Faced with some of their toughest mysteries yet, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo will join forces with some of the biggest names in celebrity and pop culture including NBA superstar Chris Paul, recording artists Halsey and Sia, Ricky Gervais, Kenan Thompson, Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Mark Hamill, Steve Urkel (voiced by Jaleel White reprising his iconic role) Batman, Sherlock Holmes, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many more! (Animated)
- An epic, world-building drama set in a a future when the human race has lost the sense of sight, and society has had to find new ways to interact, to build, to hunt, to survive. All of that is challenged when a set of twins with sight is born.
- Over a school break, five teenagers at an isolated school in Northern Thailand find themselves haunted by the ghosts of their pasts, only to discover they are threatened by a much more terrifying mystery.
The Shivering Truth [Adult Swim] - Late 2018
- A delicately crafted, surreal anthology comedy, a miniature propulsive omnibus clusterbomb of painfully riotous daymares, all dripping with the orange goo of dream logic. It is a series of loosely-linked emotional parables about stories within tales that crawled out of the deepest caverns of your unconscious mind and became lovingly animated in breath-slapping stop motion — in other words, it is the TRUTH. (Animated)
Sirens Of Titan (Syfy)
- The story follows Malachi Constant, the richest man in 22nd-century America. He possesses extraordinary luck which he attributes to divine favor and has used to build upon his father’s fortune. He becomes the center point of a journey that takes him from Earth to Mars in preparation for an interplanetary war, to Mercury with another Martian survivor of that war, back to Earth to be pilloried as a sign of Man’s displeasure with his arrogance, and finally to Titan where he again meets the man ostensibly responsible for the turn of events that have befallen him. Based on Kurt Vonnegut’s novel.
- Set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe, the program questions class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival. Based on Bong Joon-ho’s 2013 movie.
The Society (Netflix)
- A group of teenagers are mysteriously transported to a facsimile of their wealthy New England town, left without any trace of their parents. As they struggle to figure out what has happened to them and how to get home, they must establish order and form alliances if they want to survive.
Solar Opposites (Hulu) - 2020
- A family of aliens from a better world must take refuge in Middle America. They disagree on whether this is awful or awesome. (Animated)
- A group of five teenagers are inadvertently drawn into an unearthly reality they cannot comprehend and that ties back to the same part of their town in 1908. Once confronted by increasingly bizarre and grim events, the group will reach an unfathomable conclusion: someone is bringing back the dead and those spirits will want vengeance for the mistakes done in the past.
- Nora is a young Berlin woman who wakes from a coma without any memory of her previous life after taking a mysterious drug. As she sets out to discover what happened to her, she begins to unravel a conspiracy of aliens who are using a synthetic drug to infiltrate humans to use as host bodies. The more truth Nora uncovers, the more of her own dark secret is revealed: She is the key to the invasion she is fighting.
Star Trek: Lower Decks (CBS All Access)
- Focusing on the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships. (Animated)
Stargirl (DC Universe)
- Follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore as she inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past.
Swamp Thing (DC Universe)
- Centers on CDC researcher Abby Arcane, who returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus. While there, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland — only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous — and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all.
Tales From The Loop (Amazon)
- Explores the town and people who live above “The Loop,” a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe – making things possible that were previously relegated only to science fiction. In this fantastical, mysterious town, poignant human tales are told that bare universal emotional experiences while drawing on the intrigue of genre storytelling. Based on the art of Swedish artist Simon Stålenhag.
- Set in 1953 and follows Alfred and Lucky Emory, who decide to move their family from North Carolina to an all-white Los Angeles neighborhood. The family’s home on a tree-lined, seemingly idyllic street becomes ground zero where malevolent forces both real and supernatural threaten to taunt, ravage and destroy them.
ThunderCats Roar (Cartoon Network)
- Another reboot of the late 80's animated series.
The Time Traveler’s Wife (HBO)
- An intricate and magical love story about Clare and Henry, and a marriage with a problem… time travel. Based on the novel by Audrey Niffenegger.
- Explores the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Treadstone, a covert operation that uses behavior-modification protocol to turn its agents into nearly unstoppable superhuman assassins. It follows sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously “awakened” to resume their deadly missions.
- Set in a Manila where the mythical creatures of Philippine folklore live in hiding amongst humans, Alexandra Trese finds herself going head to head with a criminal underworld comprised of malevolent supernatural beings. (Animated)
Twelve Forever (Netflix)
- Finds 12-year-old Reggie creating a fantasy world in which birthdays are no-nos, becoming a sort of contemporary Neverland. Reggie is joined by friends Todd and Esther as they visit this amazing world in order to live out their superhero fantasies and escape the responsibilities of impending adulthood. (Animated)
The Twilight Zone (CBS All Access) - 2019
- A reboot of Rod Sterling’s anthology series.
- About a haunted house and a haunted book that stir the imagination of a group of young, wannabe ghost hunters, and a dog, determined to capture the ghost that plagues the notorious home in their neighbourhood in Goa. When a new family and their captivating daughter move into the haunted home, the crew finds it difficult to balance the demands of school and chores with the renewed urgency to capture the neighbourhood ghost before it is too late.
- After getting into a near fatal car accident, Alma discovers she has a new relationship with time and uses this ability to find out the truth about her father’s death. (Animated)
Untitled M. Knight Shyamalan Series (Apple)
- A 10-episode, half-hour psychological thriller.
- Set in a future where humans are able to “upload” themselves into their preferred choice of afterlife. When Nathan meets his early death, he is greeted by the Nora in his version of heaven. As Nathan grows accustomed to life away from his loved ones, the alive Nora struggles to stay afloat working her job alongside Nathan in the afterlife.
- A group of young adults who meet online are mercilessly hunted by a shadowy Deep State organization after they come into possession of a near-mythical cult underground graphic novel. Within the comic’s pages, they discover the conspiracy theories that actually might be real and they’re forced into the dangerous, unique and ironic position of saving the world. Based on the 2013 UK series.
- Dr. Luther Swann enters a world of untold horror when a mysterious disease transforms his best friend, Michael Fayne, into a murderous predator who feeds on other humans. As the disease spreads and more people are transformed, society fractures into opposing camps pitting normal people against the growing number of these “vampires.” Swann races against time to understand what’s happening, while Fayne rises to become the powerful underground leader of the vampires. Based on the novel by Jonathan Maberry.
Veronica Mars (Hulu)
- Spring breakers are getting murdered in Neptune, thereby decimating the seaside town’s lifeblood tourist industry. When Mars Investigations is hired by the parents of one of the victims to find their son’s killer, Veronica is drawn into an epic mystery that pits the enclave’s wealthy elites — who would rather put an end to the monthlong bacchanalia — against a working class that relies on the cash influx that comes with being the West Coast’s answer to Daytona Beach.
[NEW] Victor and Valentino (Cartoon Network)
- A supernatural adventure comedy that follows two half-brothers spending a summer with their grandma in the small, mysterious town of Monte Macabre where Latin American myths and legends come to life.
[NEW] Vikingskool (Disney) - Late 2019
- Follows a group of young would-be Viking warriors in an elite Vikingskool. At the center of these humorous and exciting adventures into a mystical world are Erik, Arnie, and Ilba, each of whom come with their own strengths and weaknesses. (Animated)
War Of The Worlds (BBC One) - 2019
- A three-part adaptation of H.G. Wells’ famous novel, set at the dawn of the twentieth century.
Warrior (Cinemax) - 2019
- Set in San Francisco in the aftermath of the Civil War, the story follows a young martial arts prodigy, newly arrived from China under mysterious circumstances, who becomes a hatchet man for one of Chinatown’s most powerful tongs. Based on original material written by Bruce Lee.
Warrior Nun (Netflix)
- A 19 year-old woman wakes up in a morgue with a new lease on life and a divine artifact embedded in her back. She discovers she is now part of an ancient order that has been tasked with fighting demons on Earth, and powerful forces representing both heaven and hell want to find and control her. Based on the Manga novels.
The Watch (BBC America)
- Inspired by the “City Watch” subset Sir Terry Pratchett’s Discworld novels, it follows misfit cops who fight to save a ramshackle city of normalized wrongness, from both the past and future in a perilous quest. It features City Watch Captain Sam Vimes, the last scion of nobility Lady Sybil Ramkin, the naïve but heroic Carrot, the mysterious Angua and the ingenious non-binary forensics expert Cheery.
- The dark satirical and dystopian take on the superhero genre is set in an alternate history in the year 1985 at the height of the Cold War between the U.S. and Soviet Union. It revolves around a group of mostly retired American superheroes who investigate the murder of one of their own and in the process uncover a conspiracy that could change the course of history as we know it.
We Were Tomorrow (Syfy) **6-part series
- When a meteor collides with the moon, the Earth is ravaged by catastrophic natural disasters. A small percentage of the population is relocated to an alternate world – the New World – and given three lifetimes to rebuild humanity. With the New World in dire straits, twin siblings, Noah and Evelyn, must navigate through three lifetimes to find William and Siena, who bare the other half of their branded keys. The keys, when connected, open a doorway to Earth, a year before the meteor hits, enabling them to warn mankind. Cain, a man cursed with immortality, hunts them down to stop them.
Weird City (YouTube)
- An anthology series by Jordan Peele set in the not-too-distant future metropolis of Weird. Each episode will explore issues that pertain to present day life, stories that could only be told now through the prism of sci-fi and comedy.
What We Do In The Shadows (FX)
- An American take on the movie, set in New York City.
The Wheel Of Time (Amazon)
- Set in a sprawling, epic world where magic exists but only women can use it, the story follows Moiraine, a member of the shadowy and influential all-female organization called the Aes Sedai, as she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women. Moiraine believes one of them might be the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful individual, whom prophecies say will either save humanity or destroy it.
The Witcher (Netflix) - 2020
- Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together. Based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s book series.
[NEW] Wizards (Netflix)
- The final chapter of the Tales of Arcadia culminates in an apocalyptic battle for the control of magic that will ultimately determine the fate of these supernatural worlds that have now converged. From creator/executive producer Guillermo del Toro and DreamWorks. (Animated)
Wonder Park (Nickelodeon)
- A 12-year-old girl who rediscovers a fantastical theme park she dreamed up in her youth and finds that it’s a real, living place in need of repair … and defense. Based on the movie coming on on March 15th.
- Set in a war-torn Japan of mechs and magic, the series follows a retired ronin who must take up his sword when he is charged with the task of transporting a mysterious child who dark forces want to eliminate. (Animated)
Year Of The Rabbit (IFC)
- Victorian Detective Inspector Rabbitt, a hardened, seen-it-all booze-hound who’s seen it all, and his hapless, new by-the-books partner, the chief of police’s lewd but insightful adoptive daughter who becomes the country’s first female officer. Together, the trio must fight crime while rubbing shoulders with street gangs, crooked politicians, Bulgarian princes, spiritualists, music hall stars and the Elephant Man.
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC) - Summer
Cloak & Dagger, Marvel’s (Freeform) - Spring
Descendants 3 (Disney) - Summer