Not too many new shows have been announced in the last month, but many of the fall premiere dates are now known. Check below for when your favorite shows are returning.
Dark Matter (Syfy)
The Living And The Dead (BBC1) - all six episodes on iPlayer
- A brilliant young couple inherit a farm and are determined to start a new life together. But their presence in this isolated corner of England starts to unleash strange, unsettling and dangerous supernatural phenomena that will start to threaten their marriage.
Marco Polo (Netflix)
Outlander (Starz) **Season finale
- A mysterious relic is discovered during the construction of a dam. In order to study the artifact, the United Nations Kurobe Research Institute is established. Scholars from all over the world gather here, their children attending Tateyama International High School. Among them is the Institute Director’s daughter, Yukina Shirahane. (Anime)
Hunters (Syfy) **Season finale
Mr. Robot (USA)
Magi: The Adventures Of Sinbad (Netflix)
- Years before he ascends the throne, Sinbad grows up in a fishing village. After his father dies, his mother asks Yunan to take Sinbad under his wing. (Anime)
Stranger Things (Netflix) (aka Montauk)
- A love letter to the ’80s classics that captivated a generation, it is set in 1983 Indiana, where a young boy vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.
12 Monkeys (Syfy) **Season finale
Containment (CW) **Series finale
Bones (Fox) **Season finale
Syfy Presents Live From Comic-Con (Syfy) **Special
Wayward Pines (Fox) **Season finale
Sharknado: The 4th Awakens (Syfy) **Movie
Scream (MTV) **Season finale
Outcast (Cinemax) **Season finale
Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
Beauty and the Beast (CW) **Series finale
The Strain (FX)
American Horror Story (FX)
South Park (Comedy Central)
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC)
Scream Queens (Fox)
Ash Vs Evil Dead (Starz)
The Exorcist (Fox)
- Follows two very different men tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession and confronting the face of true evil.
- The remake stars Lucas Till as the 20-something MacGyver as he creates an organization where he uses his knack for solving problems in unconventional ways to help prevent disasters from happening.
Last Man On Earth (Fox)
Once Upon A Time (ABC)
Son Of Zorn (Fox)
- Upon arriving home on Earth for the first time in 10 years, ZORN (the voice of Jason Sudeikis), a fully animated, legendary warrior, finds that reconnecting with his live-action son, Alan, and ex-wife, Edie, while suffering through a mundane office job and the banality of suburban life, is harder than waging actual war in his distant, mystical homeland of Zephyria.
Luke Cage (Netflix)
- After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city - forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.
Scorpion (CBS) **2-hour premiere
- A mysterious criminal steals a secret state-of-the-art time machine, intent on destroying America as we know it by changing the past. Our only hope is an unexpected team: a scientist, soldier and history professor who must use the machine’s prototype to travel back in time to critical events.
The Flash (CW)
No Tomorrow (CW)
- When a risk-averse, straight-arrow procurement manager at an Amazon-like distribution center falls in love with a freewheeling man who lives life to the fullest because he believes the apocalypse is imminent, to comedic and poignant results they embark on a quest together to fulfill their individual bucket lists.
- A reimaging of the 2000 film. it centers on a female police detective who in 2016 discovers she is able to speak via a ham radio with her estranged father (also a detective) who died in 1996. They forge a new relationship while working together on an unresolved murder case, but unintended consequences of the “butterfly effect” wreak havoc in the present day.
Legends Of Tomorrow (CW)
The Vampire Diaries (CW)
Shut Eye (Hulu)
- A darkly comedic look at the underground world of Los Angeles storefront psychics and the organized crime syndicate that runs them. The story revolves around a disgruntled player in the organization who finds his cynical worldview challenged when he starts to experience visions that might or might not be real.
12 Monkeys (Syfy)
Beauty And The Beast (CW)
Dead Of Summer (Freeform)
Houdini & Doyle (Fox)
The Last Ship (TNT)
Powers (PlayStation Network)
Steven Universe (Cartoon Network)
Wayward Pines (Fox)
The 100 (CW) - midseason
- A post-apocalyptic thriller set in near-future Brazil, where a select few are allowed to join a privileged society after undergoing an intense and competitive process.
Aftermath (Syfy / Space - Canada) - Fall?
- The Copeland family battles for survival when civilization comes to an apocalyptic end, triggered by massive storms, meteor strikes, earthquakes and plague – and the rise of supernatural creatures.
Altered Carbon (Netflix)
- Based on the Richard Morgan book which is set in the 25th century and explores what happens when the human mind becomes digitized and the soul is transferable from one body to another. Takeshi Kovacs, an ex-elite interstellar warrior known as an Envoy who has been imprisoned for 500 years, is downloaded into a future he had tried to stop. If he can solve a single murder in a world where technology has made death nearly obsolete, he will get a chance at a new life on Earth.
American Gods (Starz) - 2017
- Based on the Neil Gaiman novel. Released from prison, Shadow finds his world turned upside down. His wife has been killed; a mysterious stranger offers him a job. But Mr. Wednesday, who knows more about Shadow than is possible, warns that a storm is coming — a battle for the very soul of America . . . and they are in its direct path.
American Horror Story (FX)
Beyond (Freeform) - early 2017
- A young man wakes up from a coma after 12 years and discovers new supernatural abilities that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy.
Black Mirror (Netflix)
Blood Drive (Syfy)
- LA’s last good cop is forced to join a twisted and gory cross-country death race. The cars are fueled by blood and his partner, a dangerous femme fatale, sees people as fuel.
Bones (Fox - renewed for 12 episode final season) - 2017
Channel Zero: Candle Cove (Syfy) - Oct
- Centers on one man’s obsessive recollections of a mysterious children’s television program from the 1980s, and his ever-growing suspicions about the role it might have played in a series of nightmarish and deadly events from his childhood.
Class (BBC Three / BBC America) - Fall?
- Incredible dangers are breaking through the walls of time and space, and with darkness coming, London is unprotected. With all the action, heart and adrenalin of the best YA fiction, this is Coal Hill School and Doctor Who like you’ve never seen it before.
Cloak and Dagger, Marvel’s (Freeform) - 2017
- Follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness.
Colony (USA) - 2017
Crazy Face (Netflix) - 2017
- When people die most go quietly into the night. But some have unfinished business: scores to settle, blood to spill, axes to plant in people’s heads...These tormented souls work through their issues by possessing the living. Most of the time they walk freely amongst us, unseen by all but a special few. Amy is one of those few. She works in a bowling alley and never really imagined herself battling the legions of hell. It can play havoc with a girl’s love life. Not to mention her mind. Thankfully Amy isn’t alone. Enter Raquel. Armed with Wikipedia and a baton she bought on e-bay, Raquel’s a self-made demon hunter with a whole lot of baggage and an impressive lack of social skills. An unlikely friendship is born as Amy and Raquel attempt to navigate their way through the choppy waters of their early twenties whilst simultaneously kicking the ass of some seriously gnarly demons. What could possibly go wrong?
Dark (Netflix) - 2017
- A family saga with a supernatural twist is set in a German town in present day where the disappearance of two young children exposes the double lives and fractured relationships among four families. The story takes on a supernatural twist that ties back to the same town in 1986.
The Defenders, Marvel’s (Netflix)
Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency (BBC America)
- A comedic thriller that follows the bizarre adventures of eccentric “holistic” detective Dirk Gently and his reluctant assistant Todd. Based on the comic novels by Douglas Adams.
Doctor Who (BBC America) - Christmas Special / Spring 2017
Emerald City (NBC) - midseason
- In the blink of a tornado’s eye, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and a K9 police dog are swept into a world far removed from our own - a mystical land of competing realms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy.
The Expanse - January 2017
Face Off (Syfy) - 2017
Falling Water (USA)
- Revolves around three strangers who realize they are dreaming separate parts of the same dream that has big implications for each of their lives.
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu) - 2017
- Gilead is a totalitarian society with a plunging birthrate ruled by a twisted religious fundamentalism that treats women as property of the state. As one of the few remaining fertile women, Offred is a Handmaid in the Commander’s household, one of the caste of women forced into sexual servitude as a last desperate attempt to repopulate a devastated world. In a society where one wrong word could end her life, she has one goal: to survive and find the daughter that was taken from her.
Humans (AMC) - late 2016 (UK) / 2017 (US)
Imaginary Mary (ABC) - midseason
- Live-action/CGI project centers on Alice, a fiercely independent career woman whose life is turned upside-down when she meets the love of her life – a divorced father with three kids. This triggers even more upheaval when the slightly unhinged imaginary friend she created as a child suddenly reappears to help her navigate the transition from single girl to a woman ready for a family.
Incorporated (Syfy) - Fall
- Set in a near future where corporations have unlimited power, Incorporated centers around Ben Larson (Sean Teale, “Reign”), a young executive who conceals his true identity to infiltrate a very dangerous corporate world to save the woman he loves. But he’ll soon learn that he’s not the only one whose secrets may have deadly consequences.
Into The Badlands (AMC) - 2017
Iron Fist, Marvel’s (Netflix)
iZombie (CW) - midseason
- Chronicles the mysterious but true accounts of the Knights Templar, the elite warriors of the Crusades. Delving into the great secrets protected by the Templars, it tells the story of faith, loyalty and brotherhood that help sustain these warriors on the battlefield and the dark events that would forever sear the infamous date of Friday the 13th into the world’s psyche.
The Leftovers (HBO) - 2017
The Librarians (TNT) - Fall
The Magicians (Syfy) - January 2017
Making History (Fox) - midseason
- Centers on three unlikely friends who find an even less likely way to travel through time, irreversibly complicating their personal lives in 2016 as the great moments of the past collide with today’s popular culture — with hilarious and quite disastrous results.
- A guy lives a fantasy life in his dreams but in reality is locked up at an institution. Based on the 2014 Norwegian series.
The Man In The High Castle (Amazon)
Midnight, Texas (NBC) - midseason
- About a small town in Texas where the real world bumps up against a host of otherworldly phenomena. Based on novels by Charlaine Harris.
The Mist (Spike) - 2017
The OA (Netflix)
Once Upon A Time (ABC) - Fall
The Originals (CW) - midseason
People Of Earth (TBS) - Fall?
- Centers on a journalist who is investigating a support group for alleged alien abductees. Although he is very skeptical at first, he slowly becomes sympathetic to the stories of the alleged abductees and even starts to suspect he might be an abductee as well.
Perfect Bones (Netflix)
- Set in the future where scientists have tried to create the “perfect human” in hopes of keeping peace in the universe. After nearly achieving their goal through several children, the scientists send their “new humans” for further training where they are kidnapped by an evil organization set on using their powers to implement their own concept of a new world order. (Anime)
Powerless (NBC) - midseason
- An office comedy about the exceedingly average employees at an insurance company and their quest to find their own power, set in the DC Comics universe full of superheroes, villains and people just like us.
The Punisher, Marvel’s (Netflix)
- Follows the Punisher, who is the alter ego of military veteran Frank Castle, who wages a one-man war against crime after his wife and children are killed during a shootout by rival mob outfits. The character’s belief in killing criminals rather than apprehending them frequently puts him at odds with Marvel’s traditional heroes.
Red Dwarf (BBC) - September
Reign (CW) - midseason
Rick and Morty (Adult Swim)
Riverdale (CW) - midseason
- Archie, Betty, Veronica, and their friends that explore the surrealism of small town life and the darkness that is bubbling between Riverdale’s wholesome facade.
Salem (WGN America) - ‘Halloween week’
A Series Of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)
- The series will follow the children as they try to solve the mystery of their parents’ death, all while dodging an evil uncle who is trying to steal their fortune. Based on the Lemony Snicket children’s book series.
Shadowhunters (Freeform) - 2017
Sleepy Hollow (Fox) - midseason
SS-GB (mini series - BBC)
- Based on an alternate history novel by Len Deighton, set in a United Kingdom conquered and occupied by Germany during the Second World War. The series will follow a Scotland Yard detective who investigates what appears to be a simple black market murder, only to find himself dragged into a much darker and treacherous world involving British atomic weapons research secrets.
Stan Against Evil (IFC)
- Stan is a perpetually disgruntled former sheriff of a small New England town who was forced into retirement. He has trouble relinquishing his authority to tough new sheriff Evie, but they form an unlikely alliance when both begin to realize things are not quite right. Together, they valiantly fight a plague of unleashed demons that have been haunting the town, which was built on the site of a massive 17th century witch burning.
Still Star-Crossed (ABC) - midseason
- The show picks up where the famous Romeo & Juliet story ends, following the Montagues and Capulets in the wake of the tragic fate of the young lovers. Based on the Melinda Taub book.
Stretch Armstrong (Netflix) - late 2017
- From Hasbro Studios comes an animated action/comedy series about overscheduled teenager Jake Armstrong and his two best friends. When the trio are accidentally exposed to an experimental chemical, they become STRETCH ARMSTRONG and the FLEX FIGHTERS, a team of unlikely superheroes who expand beyond the confines of their lives and embark on a series of adventures.
- Two very unlikely friends who take justice into their own hands and kick literal ass on their college campus. Jules comes off as the perfect sorority dream girl, but little do her red-cup-toting sisters know, she’s got a completely different agenda come nightfall. Ophelia, your everyday stoner-hacker-hellion, has officially run out of effs to give, and when she discovers Jules may be the masked vigilante exacting justice on campus her interest in college life is re-energized.
Tales From The Crypt (TNT) - Fall
- Anthology based on the original EC Comics by William Gaines as well as new stories.
Teen Wolf (MTV)
The Terror (AMC)
- A Royal Navy expedition crew searching for the Northwest Passage in 1847 is attacked by a mysterious predator that stalks the ships and their crews in a suspenseful and desperate game of survival. Based on Dan Simmoms’ 2007 book, it’s a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin’s lost expedition of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
The Tick (Amazon)
- Musclebound, antennae-sporting superhero the Tick is recovering from memory loss and reteams with his sidekick Arthur to fight evil. Based on the comic book character created by Ben Edlund.
Time After Time (ABC) - midseason
- Based on the novel and movie Time After Time and described as a fantastical cat and mouse adventure through time when famed science fiction writer H.G. Wells is transported to modern day Manhattan in pursuit of Jack the Ripper.
Travelers (Netflix / Showcase - Canada)
- Hundreds of years from now, the last surviving humans discover the means of sending consciousness back through time, directly into people in the 21st century. These “travelers” assume the lives of seemingly random people, while secretly working as teams to perform missions in order to save humanity from a terrible future.
- A series from Guillermo del Toro that will unleash a new, fantastical world wrapped around two best friends who make a startling discovery beneath their hometown.
Twin Peaks (Showtime) - 2017
- The original series followed the residents of a quaint northwestern town who were stunned when homecoming queen Laura Palmer was murdered. Twenty-five years later, the story continues...
Van Helsing (Syfy) - Fall?
- Centers on Vanessa Helsing, the daughter of famous vampire hunter and Dracula nemesis Abraham Van Helsing. She is resurrected five years in the future to find out that vampires have taken over the world and that she possesses unique power over them. She is humanity’s last hope to lead an offensive to take back what has been lost.
Vikings (History) - 2017
The Walking Dead (AMC) - October
Westworld (HBO) - October
- A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.
The White Princess (Starz) - 2017
- Set in 1485 and is a follow-up to miniseries The White Queen, continuing the story of the War of the Roses. It covers the conclusion of the war and the rise of the House of Tudor through the marriage of Princess Elizabeth of York, the White Queen’s daughter, to King Henry VII Tudor. Based on Phillippa Gregory’s novel.
- The wild story of young William Shakespeare’s arrival onto the punk rock theater scene that was 16th century London — the seductive, violent world where his raw talent faced rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous side-shows. It’s the hot, contemporary, dangerous version of Shakespeare’s life, played to a modern soundtrack, exposing all his recklessness, lustful temptations and brilliance.
Z Nation (Syfy) - Fall