Not too many new dates have been announced lately, though I’m sure that will change in a few weeks with the upcoming Upfronts. However, there are a few favorites returning this month. Check out the premiere dates so you don’t miss them.
Penny Dreadful (Showtime)
Houdini & Doyle (Fox)
- The series revolves around master magician, escape artist and paranormal debunker, Harry Houdini and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, as they grudgingly join forces with New Scotland Yard to investigate inexplicable crimes with a supernatural slant.
Person Of Interest (CBS - airing Mondays & Tuesdays)
Elementary (CBS) ** Season Finale
The Big Bang Theory (CBS) ** Season Finale
Steven Universe (Cartoon Network)
The Vampire Diaries (CW) ** Season Finale
Castle (ABC) ** Season Finale
Agents Of SHIELD (ABC) ** Season Finale
The 100 (CW) ** Season Finale
Legends Of Tomorrow (CW) ** Season Finale
Grimm (NBC) ** Season Finale
The Originals (CW) ** Season Finale
- Follows a West Texas preacher named Jesse Custer, who is inhabited by a mysterious entity that causes him to develop a highly unusual power. Jesse, his badass ex-girlfriend Tulip and an Irish vagabond named Cassidy come together and when they do, they are thrust into a crazy world populated by a cast of characters from Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between.
Blindspot (NBC) ** Season Finale
The Flash (CW) ** Season Finale
Stitchers (Freeform) ** Season Finale
Arrow (CW) ** Season Finale
Supernatural (CW) ** Season Finale
Wayward Pines (Fox)
Beauty and the Beast (Showcase - Canada)
Powers (PlayStation Network)
- Six-episode Australian drama series based on Aboriginal mythology, set in the near future, where creatures known as Hairypeople live among humans as outcasts despite boasting superior physical powers.
Beauty And The Beast (CW)
- Follows Kyle Barnes, a young man who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a journey to find answers but what he uncovers could mean the end of life on Earth as we know it.
Voltron: Legendary Defender (Netflix)
- Centers on five Earth teenagers — Keith, Lance, Hunk, Pidge and Shiro — who are thrown into the middle of an intergalactic battle and become the last line of defense for Arus and other planets against an evil alien force led by King Zarkon.
The Last Ship (TNT)
- A comic-thriller set in the world of Washington, D.C. politics that follows Laurel, a young, fresh-faced Hill staffer who discovers two things: the government has stopped working, and bugs are eating the brains of congress members and Hill staffers.
- A group of extremely diverse survivors of a plane crash on a remote island who must adjust to life in a dangerous new world that poses unique threats — mostly brought upon themselves.
Orphan Black (BBC America) ** Season Finale
Person Of Interest (CBS) **Series finale
Wynonna Earp (Syfy) ** Season Finale
Game Of Thrones (HBO) ** Season Finale
Dead Of Summer (Freeform)
- Set in the late 1980s, school is out for the summer, and a sun-drenched season of firsts beckons the counselors at Camp Stillwater, a seemingly idyllic Midwestern summer camp, including first loves, first kisses—and first kills. Stillwater’s dark, ancient mythology awakens, and what was supposed to be a summer of fun soon turns into one of unforgettable scares and evil at every turn.
Teen Wolf (MTV)
Zoo (CBS) **2-hour premiere
Marco Polo (Netflix)
Mr. Robot (USA)
Stranger Things (Netflix) (aka Montauk)
- A love letter to the ’80s classics that captivated a generation, it is set in 1983 Indiana, where a young boy vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.
Syfy Presents Live From Comic-Con (Syfy) **Special
Sharknado: The 4th Awakens (Syfy) **Movie
South Park (Comedy Central)
Luke Cage (Netflix)
- After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city - forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.
The 100 (CW)
12 Monkeys (Syfy)
Agents Of SHIELD (ABC)
Bates Motel (A&E)
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
The Flash (CW)
Game Of Thrones (HBO)
Last Man On Earth (Fox)
Legends Of Tomorrow, DC’s (CW)
Once Upon A Time (ABC)
The Originals (CW)
Orphan Black (BBC America)
The Vampire Diaries (CW)
Wynonna Earp (Syfy)
- A post-apocalyptic thriller set in near-future Brazil, where a select few are allowed to join a privileged society after undergoing an intense and competitive process.
Aftermath (Syfy) - Summer
- The Copeland family battles for survival when civilization comes to an apocalyptic end, triggered by massive storms, meteor strikes, earthquakes and plague – and the rise of supernatural creatures.
Altered Carbon (Netflix)
- Based on the Richard Morgan book which is set in the 25th century and explores what happens when the human mind becomes digitized and the soul is transferable from one body to another. Takeshi Kovacs, an ex-elite interstellar warrior known as an Envoy who has been imprisoned for 500 years, is downloaded into a future he had tried to stop. If he can solve a single murder in a world where technology has made death nearly obsolete, he will get a chance at a new life on Earth.
American Horror Story (FX)
Ash Vs Evil Dead (Starz)
Beyond (Freeform) - early 2017
- A young man who wakes up from a coma after 12 years and discovers new supernatural abilities that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy.
Black Mirror (Netflix)
Class (BBC Three / BBC America) - Fall
- Incredible dangers are breaking through the walls of time and space, and with darkness coming, London is unprotected. With all the action, heart and adrenalin of the best YA fiction, this is Coal Hill School and Doctor Who like you’ve never seen it before.
Cloak and Dagger, Marvel’s (Freeform) - 2017
- Live-action interracial romance follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness.
- A family saga with a supernatural twist is set in a German town in present day where the disappearance of two young children exposes the double lives and fractured relationships among four families. The story takes on a supernatural twist that ties back to the same town in 1986.
Dark Matter (Syfy) - Summer
The Defenders, Marvel’s (Netflix)
Doctor Who (BBC America) - Christmas Special / Spring 2017
Emerald City (NBC)
- Swept up into the eye of a tornado, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale (Adria Arjona) is transported to another world — a mystical land in great peril, where an all-powerful Wizard has forbidden magic and rules over the many kingdoms.
The Expanse - January 2017
Falling Water (USA)
- Revolves around three strangers who realize they are dreaming separate parts of the same dream that has big implications for each of their lives.
Incorporated (Syfy) - Fall
- Set in a near future where corporations have unlimited power, Incorporated centers around Ben Larson (Sean Teale, “Reign”), a young executive who conceals his true identity to infiltrate a very dangerous corporate world to save the woman he loves. But he’ll soon learn that he’s not the only one whose secrets may have deadly consequences.
Into The Badlands (AMC) - 2017
Iron Fist, Marvel’s (Netflix)
Killjoys (Syfy) - Summer
The Librarians (TNT) - Fall
The Living And The Dead (BBC1)
- A brilliant young couple inherit a farm and are determined to start a new life together. But their presence in this isolated corner of England starts to unleash strange, unsettling and dangerous supernatural phenomena that will start to threaten their marriage.
- Centers on the famous author of a best-selling series of fantasy books who suddenly disappears, and a family of four finds themselves transported to the mystical alternate world that inspired her work. Once there, they are plunged into the middle of a war raging between rival magical forces, of light and darkness.
The Magicians (Syfy) - January 2017
The Man In The High Castle (Amazon) - Fall?
The OA (Netflix)
The Punisher, Marvel’s (Netflix)
Rick and Morty (Adult Swim)
Salem (WGN America) - Halloween week
Scream Queens (Fox)
A Series Of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)
Shadowhunters (Freeform) - 2017
Son Of Zorn (Fox) - Fall
- Upon arriving home on Earth for the first time in 10 years, ZORN (the voice of Jason Sudeikis), a fully animated, legendary warrior, finds that reconnecting with his live-action son, Alan, and ex-wife, Edie, while suffering through a mundane office job and the banality of suburban life, is harder than waging actual war in his distant, mystical homeland of Zephyria.
Spark (ABC) - Fall?
- Set in an alternate history where gas and coal fuel the world, the drama centers on the battle for power between two rival families and a rebellious young woman with a spark of invention that could level both their empires.
SS-GB (mini series - BBC)
- Based on an alternate history novel by Len Deighton, set in a United Kingdom conquered and occupied by Germany during the Second World War.
The Strain (FX) - Summer
Travelers (Netflix / Showcase (Canada))
- Hundreds of years from now, the last surviving humans discover the means of sending consciousness back through time, directly into people in the 21st century. These “travelers” assume the lives of seemingly random people, while secretly working as teams to perform missions in order to save humanity from a terrible future.
- A series from Guillermo del Toro that will unleash a new, fantastical world wrapped around two best friends who make a startling discovery beneath their hometown.
Van Helsing (Syfy) - September
- Centers on Vanessa Helsing, the daughter of famous vampire hunter and Dracula nemesis Abraham Van Helsing. She is resurrected five years in the future to find out that vampires have taken over the world and that she possesses unique power over them. She is humanity’s last hope to lead an offensive to take back what has been lost.
The Walking Dead (AMC) - October
- A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.
Z Nation (Syfy)