Almost all the remaining regular season network shows are ending this month. However, we still have a few premieres, including a show based on a novel by Melinda Taub, more time traveling Monkeys and the long-awaited return of Agent Dale Cooper. May also puts us into the tv upfront season, so expect lots of news about the fate of your favorite tv shows and upcoming series in the next few weeks. Look below to find out what’s airing when.
Bolded title = premiere
Italicized bolded title = finale (mid, season, series, etc)
American Gods (Starz)
Good Witch (Hallmark)
The Handmaid’s Tale (Bravo - Canada) **2-hour Premiere
Lucifer (CTV - Canada)
The Last Kingdom (Netflix - Select countries)
- As Alfred the Great defends his kingdom from Norse invaders, Uhtred - born a Saxon but raised by Vikings — seeks to claim his ancestral birthright.
The Mars Generation (Netflix) **Documentary
- The definitive look at mankind’s future journey to Mars, as told through the eyes of the teens who will be the first ever to set foot on the Red Planet, as well as the leading experts currently pushing the boundaries of technology and innovation in space exploration. The film follows a group of trainees, ages 15-18, at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center as they prepare to become the engineers, astrophysicists and astronauts of tomorrow.
Good Witch (W - Canada)
Last Man On Earth (Fox) **1-hour Season Finale
Riverdale (CW) **Season Finale
Once Upon A Time (ABC) **Season Finale
Scorpion (CBS) **Season Finale
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC) **Season Finale
Imaginary Mary (ABC) **Season Finale
Supernatural (CW) **Season Finale
12 Monkeys (Syfy) **4-hour Premiere, 3-night event
Blame! (Netflix) **Movie
- Set in the distant future where what’s left of the human race resides within the Megastructure, a vast and dangerous labyrinth that has grown wild and out of control. Thrown into this world is the mysterious Killy, a strange individual who is on a quest to bring civilization back from the brink of oblivion. (Anime)
12 Monkeys (Syfy) **3-hour Season Finale
Elementary (CBS) **Season Finale
Into The Badlands (AMC) **Season Finale
Making History (Fox) **Season Finale
Twin Peaks (Showtime)
- The original series followed the residents of a quaint northwestern town who were stunned when homecoming queen Laura Palmer was murdered. Twenty-five years later, the story continues...
Supergirl (CW) **Season Finale
The Flash (CW) **Season Finale
The 100 (CW) **Season Finale
12 Monkeys (Showcase - Canada)
Arrow (CW) **Season Finale
Lucifer (Fox) **Season Finale
Still Star-Crossed (ABC)
- The show picks up where the famous Romeo & Juliet story ends, following the Montagues and Capulets in the wake of the tragic fate of the young lovers. Based on the Melinda Taub book.
Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
Outcast (Fox - UK) **Season Finale
Dark Matter (Syfy / Space - Canada) **2-hour Premiere
Wynonna Earp (Syfy / Space - Canada)
Orphan Black (BBC America / Space - Canada) **Final Season
Face Off (Syfy)
Blood Drive (Syfy / Space - Canada)
- Los Angeles in the near future: where water is a scarce as oil, gas costs $60 per gallon, and climate change keeps the temperature at a cool 115 in the shade. It’s a place where no one can walk down the street without protection, where crime is so rampant that only the worst violence is punished, and where Arthur Bailey — the city’s last good cop — runs afoul of the dirtiest and meanest underground car rally in the world, Blood Drive. The master of ceremonies is a vaudevillian nightmare, The drivers are homocidal deviants, and the cars run on human blood.
The Mist (Spike)
- Tells the story of a foreboding mist that arrives in one small town ushering in a terrifying new reality for its residents, putting their humanity to the test. What will people do to survive when blinded by fear?
- Follows Mija, a young girl who must risk everything to prevent a powerful, multi-national company from kidnapping her best friend – a massive animal named ‘Okja’.
- An MIT grad student and a tech superstar bring a low-level Pentagon official a staggering discovery – that an asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth.
Hooten & The Lady (CW)
- Tells the story of two globetrotting treasure hunters who set out to recover priceless legendary artifacts. Hooten is a smooth-talking, yet foolhardy, lone wolf, who often finds himself in sticky situations. Lady Alexandra is an aristocrat and British Museum curator who, despite being straight-laced, is eager to follow in the footsteps of history’s great archaeologists and venture to uncharted lands. Meeting in the thick of the Amazon jungle, they form an unlikely partnership as they travel the globe in pursuit of hidden treasures.
Game Of Thrones (HBO)
Descendants 2 (Disney Channel, Disney XD, ABC, Freeform, Lifetime) **Movie
- When the pressure to be royal becomes too much for Mal, she returns to her rotten roots on the Isle of the Lost where her archenemy Uma, the daughter of Ursula, has taken her spot as self-proclaimed queen of the run-down town. Uma, still resentful over not being selected by Ben to go to Auradon Prep with the other Villain Kids, stirs her pirate gang including Captain Hook’s son Harry and Gaston’s son Gil, to break the barrier between the Isle of the Lost and Auradon, and unleash all the villains imprisoned on the Isle, once and for all.
Midnight, Texas (NBC)
- About a small town in Texas where the real world bumps up against a host of otherworldly phenomena. Based on novels by Charlaine Harris.
Somewhere Between (ABC)
- She isn’t crazy: Laura (a superstar news producer) knows her 8-year-old daughter is going to be murdered. She doesn’t know who the murderer is, or why she’s killed, but she knows exactly when it will happen, where, and how. Despite this, all of her attempts to keep her daughter safe fail, and Serena’s fixed, unmovable, terrifying fate keeps her directly in the path of her killer.
Death Note (Netflix) **Movie
- Intoxicated by the power of a supernatural notebook, a young man begins killing those he deems unworthy of life. Based on the famous Japanese manga.
- A comedic journey into the hilarious world of fantasy roleplaying with Dan Harmon and his Comedian Companions.
Sharknado 5 (Syfy) **Movie
The Defenders, Marvel’s (Netflix)
- Follows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, a quartet of singular heroes with one common goal – to save New York City. This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.
The Tick (Amazon)
- An underdog accountant with zero powers comes to realize his city is owned by a global super villain long-thought dead. As he struggles to uncover this conspiracy, he falls in league with a strange blue superhero.
Twin Peaks (Showtime) **2-hour Season Finale
- Set 400 years after the human race has gone extinct, and follows a small band of humans who have been revived / brought back into existence by a mysterious alien civilization.
Stranger Things (Netflix)
The 100 (CW)
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC)
American Gods (Starz / Amazon - International)
Bill Nye Saves The World (Netflix)
Class (BBC America)
Doctor Who (BBC/ BBC America/ Space)
Genius (Nat Geo)
Good Witch (Hallmark / W - Canada)
Guardians Of The Galaxy, Marvel’s (Disney XD)
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu / Bravo - Canada)
Imaginary Mary (ABC)
Into The Badlands (AMC)
The Last Man On Earth (Fox)
Making History (Fox)
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return (Netflix - select countries)
Once Upon A Time (ABC)
Outcast (Fox - UK)
The Originals (CW)
Prison Break (Fox)
Riverdale (CW / Netflix - Non-US)
Samurai Jack (Adult Swim)
Tangled: Before Ever After (Disney)
The White Princess (Starz)
Wynonna Earp (Space - Canada) **Season 1
TBA - UPCOMING
The Alienist (TNT)
- A psychological thriller set in 1896 New York. When a series of haunting, gruesome murders of boy prostitutes grips the city, newly appointed police commissioner Theodore Roosevelt calls upon criminal psychologist (aka alienist) Dr. Laszlo Kreizler and newspaper reporter John Moore to conduct the investigation in secret. Using the emerging disciplines of psychology and early forensic investigation techniques, they track down one of New York City’s first serial killers. Based on the novel by Caleb Carr.
Altered Carbon (Netflix) - 2018
- Based on the Richard Morgan book which is set in the 25th century and explores what happens when the human mind becomes digitized and the soul is transferable from one body to another. Takeshi Kovacs, an ex-elite interstellar warrior known as an Envoy who has been imprisoned for 500 years, is downloaded into a future he had tried to stop. If he can solve a single murder in a world where technology has made death nearly obsolete, he will get a chance at a new life on Earth.
Big Hero 6 (Disney XD) - Fall
- Takes place after the events of the 2014 film. (Animated)
Billy Dilley’s Super-Duper Subterranean Summer (Disney XD)
- Follows eccentric science-obsessed seventh-grader Billy Dilley and his lab partners Zeke and Marsha as their summer break takes an unexpected turn and they find themselves stuck in a bizarre, magical world beneath the earth’s surface. (Animated)
- A dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself. Inspired by the classic video game series.
Castle Rock (Hulu)
- Psychological-horror series explores the themes and worlds uniting the entire Stephen King canon. It combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.
Channel Zero: The No-End House (Syfy) - October
- A young woman named Margot Sleator visits the No-End House, a bizarre house of horrors that consists of a series of increasingly disturbing rooms. When she returns home, Margot realizes everything has changed.
Cloak and Dagger, Marvel’s (Freeform) - Early 2018
- Follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness.
The Cloud (Channel 4 - UK)
- The job of Cloud Station 13 is to protect the vast amounts of information the human population now hoards on its endless devices - the majority of which comprises of selfies, copious pictures of kittens and a lot of porn.
- The disparate group who man the hub are anything but technical whizzes; which would matter less if technology - including a largely voice activated ship - was a little more reliable.
- A family saga with a supernatural twist is set in a German town in present day where the disappearance of two young children exposes the double lives and fractured relationships among four families. The story takes on a supernatural twist that ties back to the same town in 1986.
Final Space (TBS) - 2018
- Follows astronaut Gary and his adorable, planet-destroying friend, Mooncake. Starting in 2018, the two embark on a quest to unlock the mystery of ‘Final Space’, the place where the entire universe ends. (Animated)
The Haunting Of Hill House (Netflix)
- A modern re-imagining of Shirley Jackson’s 1959 novel about people living in an old mansion where supernatural phenomena is occurring.
Hilda (Netflix) - 2018
- Based on the graphic novels by Luke Pearson. The series follows the journey of a fearless blue-haired girl as she travels from her home in a vast magical wilderness full of elves and giants to the bustling city of Trolberg, where she makes new friends and discovers mysterious creatures who are stranger –and sometimes more dangerous– than she ever expected. (Kids)
The Hollow (Netflix) - 2018
- The series opens with three teens, Adam, Kai and Mira, as they awake confused and alone in an underground bunker. Wandering through a maze of bizarre towns, odd time portals, dangerous beasts and quirky characters, the three strangers are forced to band together as they search for a way back home. (Kids)
The Inhumans, Marvel’s (ABC) - Fall 2017 [IMAX preview early September]
IO (Netflix) **Movie
- The story of one girl’s coming of age while examining the dangers of humanity’s current relationship with the planet. Qualley will play Sam Walden, a teenager surviving as one of the last people on an abandoned post-cataclysmic Earth, who is racing to find a cure for her poisoned home world before the last shuttle off the planet to the distant human space colony leaves her stranded.
Knightfall (History) - Fall
- Chronicles the mysterious but true accounts of the Knights Templar, the elite warriors of the Crusades. Delving into the great secrets protected by the Templars, it tells the story of faith, loyalty and brotherhood that help sustain these warriors on the battlefield and the dark events that would forever sear the infamous date of Friday the 13th into the world’s psyche.
Lego Elves (Netflix)
- Emily Jones returns through the portal to Elvendale with her little sister, Sophie. After charming many of the Elves upon her arrival, Sophie is taken by the cruel Goblin King and his evil minions. Emily and her cast of Elf friends head deep into a magical forest to save her sister and free Goblin Village from its tyrannical king.
Lost In Space (Netflix) - 2018
- Centers around the Robinson family, who is forced to come together in a time of crisis. Stranded light years from their intended destination, they find themselves battling a strange new alien environment and also their own personal demons. Equal parts family drama and sci-fi adventure, it is a survival story for the ages.
- A guy lives a fantasy life in his dreams but in reality is locked up at an institution. Based on the 2014 Norwegian series.
New Warriors, Marvel’s (Freeform) - 2018
- Follows six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of The Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world … even if the world isn’t ready. Featuring Squirrel Girl, Mister Immortal, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Microbe and Debrii. (Comedy)
Orville (Fox) - 2017?
- Set 300 years in the future, the show follows the adventures of the Orville, a not-so-top-of-the-line exploratory ship in Earth’s interstellar fleet.
Perfect Bones (Netflix)
- Set in the future where scientists have tried to create the “perfect human” in hopes of keeping peace in the universe. After nearly achieving their goal through several children, the scientists send their “new humans” for further training where they are kidnapped by an evil organization set on using their powers to implement their own concept of a new world order. (Anime)
Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams (Channel 4 - UK / Amazon - US)
- A 10-part anthology series based on the work of Philip K. Dick.
The Punisher, Marvel’s (Netflix)
- Follows the Punisher, who is the alter ego of military veteran Frank Castle, who wages a one-man war against crime after his wife and children are killed during a shootout by rival mob outfits. The character’s belief in killing criminals rather than apprehending them frequently puts him at odds with Marvel’s traditional heroes.
The Rain (Netflix)
- Ten years after a brutal virus has wiped out most of the population in Scandinavia, two young siblings embark on a search for safety. Only guided by their father’s notebook about the virus and the hazards of this new world, they start a dangerous journey through the country joining a group of other young survivors. Facing grave perils, the group must quickly realize that the greatest danger does not come from the outside - it comes from within.
Robozuna (CiTV - UK / Netflix - International) - early 2018
- An orphaned 14-year-old boy, Ariston, and his homemade robot friend, Mangle, attempt to free their oppressed nation from an evil empire and its legion of robot centurions. (Animated)
Siren (Freeform) - Summer 2018
- Bristol Cove is a coastal town known for its legend of once being home to mermaids. When the arrival of a mysterious girl proves this folklore all too true, the battle between man and sea takes a very vicious turn as these predatory beings return to reclaim their right to the ocean.
Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access/ Space - Canada/ Netflix - International) - ??? 2017
- The series will feature a new ship, new characters, and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers.
Stretch Armstrong (Netflix) - Late 2017
- From Hasbro Studios comes an animated action/comedy series about over-scheduled teenager Jake Armstrong and his two best friends. When the trio are accidentally exposed to an experimental chemical, they become Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters, a team of unlikely superheroes who expand beyond the confines of their lives and embark on a series of adventures.
Super Monsters (Netflix) - Late 2017
- As preschoolers with super powers, Drac, Cleo, Lobo, Katya, Zoe and Frankie are students with dual identities: humans by day and magical monsters by night. Enrolled at the prestigious Pitchfork Pines Preschool, the group of friends work together under the leadership of their teachers, Igor and Esmie, as they attempt to master their seemingly untamable powers. (Animated)
Superstition (Syfy) - Late 2017
- Set in a mysterious town outside New Orleans. Here, the Mosley family owns the only funeral home and the family is the keeper of the town’s dark secrets and history. The town is known for its haunted houses, elevated graveyards, odd people, unusual phenomena and most importantly, the world’s darkest manifestations of fear, guided into this world by an ancient and mysterious malefactor named The Dredge.
Tales From The Crypt (TNT)
- Anthology based on the original EC Comics by William Gaines as well as new stories.
The Terror (AMC)
- A Royal Navy expedition crew searching for the Northwest Passage in 1847 is attacked by a mysterious predator that stalks the ships and their crews in a suspenseful and desperate game of survival. Based on Dan Simmoms’ 2007 book, it’s a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin’s lost expedition of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Timewasters (ITV2 - UK)
- A struggling four-piece South London jazz band travel back in time to the 1920s via a urine-sodden lift in a dilapidated block of flats. Stuck in the past after their ‘time machine’ is destroyed, our gang decide to explore, before quickly discovering that being young and black in the Jazz Age is a lot less genteel and a lot more shady than Downton Abbey had led them to believe.
Will (TNT) - Summer
- The wild story of young William Shakespeare’s arrival onto the punk rock theater scene that was 16th century London — the seductive, violent world where his raw talent faced rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous side-shows. It’s the hot, contemporary, dangerous version of Shakespeare’s life, played to a modern soundtrack, exposing all his recklessness, lustful temptations and brilliance.
The Worst Witch (Netflix)
- Based on the books by acclaimed English author Jill Murphy. The show follows the ever-clumsy Mildred Hubble and her adventures as a student at Miss Cackle’s Academy for Witches.
TBA - RETURNING
Cleverman (Sundance) - June
Mr. Robot (USA) - October
Outlander (Starz / Showcase - Canada) - September
The Shannara Chronicles (MTV) - Summer?
The Strain (FX) **Final Season - Summer
Travelers (Showcase - Canada) - Fall
The Walking Dead (AMC) - October