At first glance, this month’s list may look like it’s all finales, but there are a few premieres hiding in there. We see Sarah Shahi returning for another computer-related drama, a netflix series with deadly rain, the continuing struggle of the Bowman family against the Hosts and The Authority and a new take on Ray Bradbury’s famous novel. Look below to find out when your favorite genre shows are premiering and ending.
Bolded title = premiere
Italicized bolded title = finale (mid, season, series, etc)
Photo: Clockwise from top left: Reverie, The Rain, Colony & Fahrenheit 451.
Final Space (TBS) **Season Finale
James Cameron’s Story Of Science Fiction (AMC)
- Explores the evolution of sci-fi from its origins as a small genre with a cult following to the blockbuster pop-cultural phenomenon we know today. In each episode, James Cameron introduces one of the “Big Questions” that humankind has contemplated throughout the ages and reaches back into sci-fi’s past to better understand how our favorite films, TV shows, books, and video games were born.
Colony (USA / Bravo - Canada)
Siren (Syfy UK)
MacGyver (CBS) **Season Finale
The Rain (Netflix)
- Ten years after a brutal virus has wiped out most of the population in Scandinavia, two young siblings embark on a search for safety. Only guided by their father’s notebook about the virus and the hazards of this new world, they start a dangerous journey through the country joining a group of other young survivors. Facing grave perils, the group must quickly realize that the greatest danger does not come from the outside - it comes from within.
Hard Sun (Bravo - Canada)
Last Man On Earth (Fox) **Season Finale
Steven Universe (Cartoon Network)
The 100 (E4 - UK)
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (Amazon - US, UK, Germany, India, Japan)
- As Rocky and Bullwinkle’s innocent and silly ambitions to become rock stars or find lost treasure end up dovetailing with Fearless Leader’s sinister plans to take over the world, our heroes are set on a collision course with his notorious superspies Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale. (Animated)
Bill Nye Saves The World (Netflix)
Timeless (NBC) **2-hour Season Finale
Lucifer (Fox) **Series Finale
Shadowhunters (Freeform) **2-hour Spring Finale
Riverdale (CW) **Season Finale
Arrow (CW) **Season Finale
Supernatural (CW) **Season Finale
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC) **Season Finale
Cargo (Netflix) **Movie
- Stranded in rural Australia in the aftermath of a violent pandemic, an infected father desperately seeks a new home for his infant child, and a means to protect her from his own changing nature.
Once Upon A Time (ABC) **Series Finale
Rellik (Cinemax) **Season Finale
Fahrenheit 451 (HBO) **Movie
- In a future society where books are banned and burned, a fireman begins to read in secret and discovers an underground rebellion committed to protecting literature.
The Terror (AMC) **Season Finale
The Flash (CW) **Season Finale
Krypton (Syfy) **Season Finale
Siren (Freeform) **Season Finale
Deception (ABC) **2-hour Series Finale
iZombie (CW) **Season Finale
James Cameron’s Story Of Science Fiction (AMC) **Season Finale
Lucifer (Fox) **2 Bonus episodes
- Mara Kint is a former hostage negotiator and expert on human behavior who became a college professor after facing an unimaginable personal tragedy. But when she’s brought in to save ordinary people who have lost themselves in a highly advanced virtual-reality program in which you can literally live your dreams, she finds that in saving others, she may actually have discovered a way to save herself.
C.B. Strike (Cinemax)
- Follows a war veteran turned private detective, who operates out of a tiny office in London’s Denmark Street. Although wounded both physically and psychologically, his unique insight and background as a military police investigator prove crucial in solving complex crimes that have baffled the police. Based on the Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) novels.
Cloak and Dagger, Marvel’s (Freeform)
- Follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness.
Big Hero 6: The Series (Disney) **Double episode
SuperMansion (TBS) **Season Finale
Legion (FX) **Season Finale
Archer: Danger Island (FXX) **Season Finale
12 Monkeys (Syfy) **3-episode premiere
Voltron: Legendary Defenders (Netflix)
Supergirl (CW) **Season Finale
Luke Cage, Marvel’s (Netflix)
Westworld (HBO) **Season Finale
12 Monkeys (Syfy) **2-hour Series Finale
The Outpost (CW)
- The series follows Talon, the lone survivor of a race called “Blackbloods.” Years after her entire village is destroyed by a gang of brutal mercenaries, Talon travels to a lawless fortress on the edge of the civilized world, as she tracks the killers of her family. On her journey to this outpost, Talon discovers she possesses a mysterious supernatural power that she must learn to control in order to save herself, and defend the world against a fanatical religious dictator.
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu) **Season Finale
C.B. Strike (Cinemax) **Season Finale
Wynonna Earp (Syfy)
Sharknado 6 (Syfy) **Movie
- Our hero Fin has battled sharks all over the globe, but in this last installment he will tackle the final shark-tier — time travel. In the ending moments of the last movie, Fin was seen wandering alone on Earth after it was destroyed. Now he must travel back in time to stop the Sharknado that started it all. Will Fin and the gang be able to set everything right and save the world once and for all?
Mr. Mercedes (Audience)
The Innocent (Netflix)
- When teenagers Harry and June run away from their repressive families to be together, they’re derailed by an extraordinary discovery - June’s ability to shape-shift. As the star-crossed lovers struggle to control this strange new power, a mysterious professor reveals that June is not alone: there are more shifters out there like her, and he promises to cure June and reunite her with the mother who deserted her three years ago.
- A 21st century love story that asks, “What would you do for love?” When a brilliant bookstore manager crosses paths with an aspiring writer, his answer becomes clear: anything. Using the Internet and social media as his tools to gather the most intimate of details and get close to her, a charming and awkward crush quickly becomes obsession as he quietly and strategically removes every obstacle – and person – in his way. Based on the Caroline Kepnes novel.
The 100 (CW)
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC)
Archer: Danger Island (FXX)
The Crossing (ABC)
The Expanse (Syfy)
Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
The Flash (CW)
The Good Witch (Hallmark)
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu)
Into The Badlands (AMC)
James Cameron’s Story Of Science Fiction (AMC)
Krypton (Syfy / Space - Canada)
The Last Man On Earth (Fox)
Once Upon A Time (ABC)
The Originals (CW)
Steven Universe (Cartoon Network)
The Terror (AMC)
Unikitty! (Cartoon Network)
- Chronicles the adventures of 13-year-old, self-centered Anne Boonchuy who is magically transported to the fictitious world of Amphibia, a rural marshland full of frog-people. With the help of an excitable young frog named Sprig, Anne will transform into a hero and discover the first true friendship of her life. (Animated)
Blue Book (History)
- Chronicles the true top-secret U.S. Air Force-sponsored investigations into UFO-related phenomena in the 1950s and ’60s, known as “Project Blue Book.” It follows Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a brilliant college professor recruited by the Air Force to spearhead this clandestine operation that researched thousands of cases, many of which were never solved. Each episode will draw from the actual files, blending UFO theories with authentic historical events from one of the most mysterious eras in U.S. history.
The Boys (Amazon)
- Set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Based on the Garth Ennis comic.
Carnival Row (Amazon) - 2019
- Mythical creatures fleeing their war-torn homeland have gathered in in a neo-Victorian city, and tensions are simmering between citizens and the growing immigrant population. The fantasy noir follows the investigation of a string of unsolved murders that are eating away at whatever uneasy peace still exists.
Castle Rock (Hulu) - Summer
- Psychological-horror series explores the themes and worlds uniting the entire Stephen King canon. It combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.
Consider Phlebas (Amazon)
- Horza, a rogue agent tasked by the Idirans with the impossible mission of recovering a missing Culture ‘Mind,’ an artificial intelligence many thousands of times smarter than any human—something that could hold the key to wiping out the Culture altogether. Based on Iain M. Banks’ novel.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix) - 2019
- In this prequel to the fantasy classic, three young Gelflings inspire a rebellion against the cruel emperor when they discover a horrifying secret.
Dead Pixels (E4)
- A comedy series centering on mates Meg, Nicky and Usman, whose world revolves around their obsession for the massively popular fantasy RPG Kingdom Scrolls – a mystical, magical and, more importantly, virtual world of wizards and wyverns…. However in real life Meg and Nicky work in an office. They are not sure what Usman does for a living (though apparently it’s also something responsible and probably something involving spreadsheets). But they all have their priorities straight, especially Usman…. If Castle Blackfinger needs defending from a bunch of marauding orks then grabbing a decent night’s sleep would not only be selfish, it would be downright irresponsible.
- Epic and intimate sci-fi fantasy drama revolving around a world’s battle against a monstrous, oppressive force.
A Discovery Of Witches (Sky One - UK) - Fall
- About a powerful witch at Oxford named Diana, who’s trying to suppress her magic until she meets a handsome and mysterious vampire named Matthew Clairmont, played in the series by Matthew Goode. Their budding love is tested as they are catapulted into a dangerous mystery surrounding Diana’s untapped power and Ashmole 782, an elusive tome that witches, vampires, and daemons alike would do anything to obtain. Based on the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness.
- Set in the crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland, it follows the misadventures of hard-drinking young princess Bean, her feisty elf companion Elfo and her personal demon Luci. Along the way, the oddball trio will encounter ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses and lots of human fools. (Animated)
The First (Hulu) - 2018
- Set in the near future about the first human mission to Mars. The series will explore the challenges of taking the first steps toward interplanetary colonization.
Good Omens (Amazon) - 2019 **Mini-series
- It’s 2018, the Apocalypse is near and Final Judgment is set to descend upon humanity. The armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, and tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon are not actually looking forward to the coming war, and someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist. Based on the Neil Gaiman novel.
- Equal parts a high-concept thriller and coming-of-age drama, it follows the journey of an extraordinary young girl as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is. Based on the 2011 feature film.
The Haunting Of Hill House (Netflix)
- A modern re-imagining of Shirley Jackson’s 1959 novel about people living in an old mansion where supernatural phenomena is occurring.
- Based on the graphic novels by Luke Pearson. The series follows the journey of a fearless blue-haired girl as she travels from her home in a vast magical wilderness full of elves and giants to the bustling city of Trolberg, where she makes new friends and discovers mysterious creatures who are stranger –and sometimes more dangerous– than she ever expected. (Kids)
His Dark Materials (BBC One - UK)
- The new series is an adaptation of Pullman’s cult fantasy trilogy which consists of three books: Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. The series follows Lyra Belacqua, an orphan who lives in a world similar to ours “in which science, theology and magic are entwined”. In Lyra’s world, every person has a companion called a daemon which is magically linked to them by a substance called Dust.
The Hollow (Netflix)
- The series opens with three teens, Adam, Kai and Mira, as they awake confused and alone in an underground bunker. Wandering through a maze of bizarre towns, odd time portals, dangerous beasts and quirky characters, the three strangers are forced to band together as they search for a way back home. (Kids)
How It Ends (Netflix) **Movie - 2018
- In the midst of an apocalypse, a man travels thousands of miles with his disapproving, ex-military father-in-law to reach his pregnant wife.
In Search Of (History)
- A reboot of the 1970s series, hosted by Zachary Quinto. The series will examine unexplained phenomena from all over the world.
The Innocents (Netflix)
- When teenagers Harry and June run away from their repressive family lives to be together, they are thrown into an extraordinary journey of self-discovery that derails their innocent dream. Secrets kept from them by their respective parents test their love to breaking point, and the extraordinary gift they possess unleashes powerful forces intent on dividing them forever.
IO (Netflix) **Movie
- A teenager surviving as one of the last people on an abandoned post-cataclysmic Earth, races to find a cure for her poisoned home world before the last shuttle off the planet to the distant human space colony leaves her stranded.
- A zombie thriller set in Korea’s medieval Joseon dynasty, featuring a crown prince sent on a suicide mission to investigate a mysterious outbreak.
Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny (Amazon)
- When four panda kids stumble upon a mystical cave beneath Panda Village, accidentally absorbing the chi of ancient and powerful kung fu warriors known as the Four Constellations, they must realize a destiny to save the world from an evil force. Meanwhile, Po finds himself faced with his biggest challenge yet — teaching this ragtag band of kids how to wield their newfound powers.
- A guy lives a fantasy life in his dreams but in reality is locked up at an institution. Based on the 2014 Norwegian series.
Messiah (Netflix) - 2019
- Chronicle of the modern world’s reaction to a man who first appears in the Middle East, creating a groundswell of followers around him claiming he is the Messiah. Is he sent from God or is he a dangerous fraud bent on dismantling the world’s geopolitical order? The story unfolds from multiple points of view.
Metropolis (DC Comics) - 2019
- Follows Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets.
Miracle Workers (TBS)
- An anthology comedy series, with the first season based on Simon Rich’s book ‘What In God’s Name’. God has decided to focus on his favorite hobbies, so Craig, a low level angel responsible for handling all of humanity’s prayers, must step in to prevent Earth’s destruction.
Mysteries and Myths With Megan Fox (Travel Channel)
- The actress travels the globe with archaeologists and experts to ask tough questions and challenge conventional wisdom. The show will explore some of the greatest mysteries of time, including whether Amazon women really existed and if the Trojan War was real.
New Warriors, Marvel’s (???)
- Follows six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of The Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world … even if the world isn’t ready. Featuring Squirrel Girl, Mister Immortal, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Microbe and Debrii. (Comedy)
Nightflyers (Syfy) - Fall
- Set in the future on the eve of Earth’s destruction, a crew of explorers journey on the most advanced ship in the galaxy, The Nightflyer, to intercept a mysterious alien spacecraft that might hold the key to their survival. Based on the novel by George R.R. Martin.
Osmosis (Netflix) - 2019
- Paris, in the near future. Technology has conquered the last frontier: decoding true love. Digging deep into its user’s brain data, the new dating app “OSMOSIS” can find a perfect match with 100% accuracy, turning the concept of absolute soulmate into a reality. But is there a price to pay when letting an algorithm decide who you will love, forever and ever? When in exchange for this undying, ageless love, technology can access the innermost recesses of your mind — and the best kept secrets of your heart...
The Owl House (Disney)
- A horror-comedy series that follows Luz, a self-assured teenage human girl who accidentally stumbles upon a portal to the Demon Realm where she befriends a rebellious witch, Eda, and an adorably tiny warrior, King. Despite not having magical abilities, Luz pursues her dream of becoming a witch by serving as Eda’s apprentice at the Owl House and ultimately finds a new family in an unlikely setting. (Animated)
The Raven Cycle (Syfy)
- The story of seventeen year old Blue Sargent who becomes involved with a group of four privileged private school boys on a quest to find a source of mythical and mysterious power hidden deep in rural Virginia. The closer they get to taking control of their destiny, the more threatening their journey becomes - both physically and emotionally, as Blue discovers she’s fated to kill one of the boys. Based on Maggie Stiefvater’s novels.
Robozuna (CiTV - UK / Netflix - International)
- An orphaned 14-year-old boy, Ariston, and his homemade robot friend, Mangle, attempt to free their oppressed nation from an evil empire and its legion of robot centurions. (Animated)
Sabrina The Teenage Witch (Netflix)
- The new project reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist, this adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.
- Set in a world ravaged by ecological devastation, savage winds, and shifting dunes. At its center is a family who makes their way in this world as sand divers: the elite few who can travel deep beneath the desert floor to retrieve mysterious and valuable relics lost to the dust. Adrift in the wake of their father’s disappearance years ago, they rely on skill and each other to endure this ruthless environment where otherwise good people lie, sabotage, and kill in order to survive.
- An epic, world-building drama set in the future, from Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight.
Sirens Of Titan (Syfy)
- The story follows Malachi Constant, the richest man in 22nd-century America. He possesses extraordinary luck which he attributes to divine favor and has used to build upon his father’s fortune. He becomes the center point of a journey that takes him from Earth to Mars in preparation for an interplanetary war, to Mercury with another Martian survivor of that war, back to Earth to be pilloried as a sign of Man’s displeasure with his arrogance, and finally to Titan where he again meets the man ostensibly responsible for the turn of events that have befallen him. Based on Kurt Vonnegut’s novel.
- Set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe, the program questions class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival. Based on Bong Joon-ho’s 2013 movie.
Star Wars: Resistance (Disney)
- Follows Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. (Animated)
Strange Angel (CBS All Access)
- The story follows the life of Jack Parsons, a mysterious and brilliant man in 1940s Los Angeles, who by day helps birth the entirely unknown discipline of American rocketry, and by night is a performer of sex magick rituals and a disciple to occultist Aleister Crowley. Based on the book by George Pendle.
Tell Me A Story (CBS All Access)
- The series takes the world’s most beloved fairy tales and reimagines them as a dark and twisted psychological thriller. Set in modern-day New York City, the first season of this serialized drama interweaves “The Three Little Pigs,” “Little Red Riding Hood” and “Jack and the Beanstalk” into an epic and subversive tale of love, loss, greed, revenge and murder.
Titans (DC Comics)
- It follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire, Raven and others.
The Twilight Zone (CBS All Access)
- A reboot of Rod Sterling’s anthology series.
The Umbrella Academy (Netflix)
- Based on the Dark Horse comics written by Gerard Way, the series follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they work together to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities.
Undone (Amazon) - 2019
- After getting into a near fatal car accident, Alma discovers she has a new relationship with time and uses this ability to find out the truth about her father’s death. (Animated)
Untitled M. Knight Shyamalan Series (Apple)
- A 10-episode, half-hour psychological thriller.
Untitled Ronald D Moore Series (Apple)
- Explores what would have happened if the global space race had never ended.
War Of The Worlds (BBC One)
- A three-part adaptation of H.G. Wells’ famous novel, set at the dawn of the twentieth century.
- Set in San Francisco in the aftermath of the Civil War, the story follows a young martial arts prodigy, newly arrived from China under mysterious circumstances, who becomes a hatchet man for one of Chinatown’s most powerful tongs. Based on original material written by Bruce Lee.
The Witcher (Netflix)
- The witcher Geralt, a mutated monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. Adapted from Andzrej Sapkowski’s novels.
Young Justice: Outsiders (DC Comics) - Late 2018
- The show’s core team will feature Static, Kid Flash, Tim Drake’s Robin, Wonder Girl, Spoiler, Blue Beetle, Arrowette, Arsenal, Beast Boy and Thirteen.