Well into the fall season, we are now drowning in genre tv (just check out the length of that ‘Currently Airing’ list!). However, we still have a few new shows premiering and a couple of returning favorites. Check below to find out what starts when.
From Dusk Til Dawn (El Rey) **Season Finale
Salem (WGN America)
Stan Against Evil (IFC) **Double-episode premiere
- Stan is a perpetually disgruntled former sheriff of a small New England town who was forced into retirement. He has trouble relinquishing his authority to tough new sheriff Evie, but they form an unlikely alliance when both begin to realize things are not quite right. Together, they valiantly fight a plague of unleashed demons that have been haunting the town, which was built on the site of a massive 17th century witch burning.
The Expanse (Netflix - except US, Canada & New Zealand)
Danger Mouse (Netflix - select countries)
Mars (National Geographic)
- A six part global event series following the thrilling quest to reach Mars. Combining a unique blend of theatrical-quality scripted drama with documentary sequences, the series will unpack what the greatest minds in space exploration are doing today to make traveling to Mars a reality as well as dramatize the world they are working towards.
Channel Zero: Candle Cove (Syfy) **Season Finale
- Hell-bent on bringing justice to those who get away with abuse on their college campus, Jules and Ophelia take on double lives as wannabe vigilantes. Filled with clumsy attempts and missteps, the odd-couple pair of antiheroes must balance their new secret life with best, friends, parents, love interests, and the metaphorical monsters under their beds.
Teen Wolf (MTV) **Final season
American Horror Story (FX) **Season Finale
Doctor Who: Power Of The Daleks (BBC America)
The Librarians (TNT)
Wolf Creek (Pop) **Season Finale
- A post-apocalyptic thriller set in near-future Brazil, where a select few are allowed to join a privileged society after undergoing an intense and competitive process.
Incorporated (Syfy / Showcase - Canada)
- Set in a near future where corporations have unlimited power, Incorporated centers around Ben Larson (Sean Teale, “Reign”), a young executive who conceals his true identity to infiltrate a very dangerous corporate world to save the woman he loves. But he’ll soon learn that he’s not the only one whose secrets may have deadly consequences.
Shut Eye (Hulu)
- A darkly comedic look at the underground world of Los Angeles storefront psychics and the organized crime syndicate that runs them. The story revolves around a disgruntled player in the organization who finds his cynical worldview challenged when he starts to experience visions that might or might not be real.
Con Man (Comic-Con HQ)
White Rabbit Project (Netflix)
- Kari Byron, Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara head down the rabbit hole to investigate weird and wonderful events from pop culture, science and history. Under their microscope are topics as diverse as jailbreaks, superpower technology, heists and crazy world war two weapons. In each episode the hosts immerse themselves in experiments, builds and tests as they sleuth the truth behind these and other well googled themes.
The Man In The High Castle (Amazon)
- A series from Guillermo del Toro. Set in the fictional suburb of Arcadia, our unlikely hero, Jim, and his two best friends make a startling discovery that beneath their hometown lies a hidden battle between good trolls and bad, the outcome of which will impact their lives forever.
Doctor Who (BBC America) **Christmas Special
The Last Dragonslayer (Sky1) **Special
- A magical blend of past and present, medieval and modern, the story follows indentured orphan Jennifer Strange who reluctantly discovers her destiny is to become the last Dragonslayer. Based on the novel by Jasper Fforde.
Sherlock (BBC - UK / PBS)
- A young man wakes up from a coma after 12 years and discovers new supernatural abilities that propel him into the middle of a dangerous conspiracy.
Bones (Fox) **Final season
Emerald City (NBC)
- In the blink of a tornado’s eye, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and a K9 police dog are swept into a world far removed from our own - a mystical land of competing realms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy.
Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)
- The series will follow the children as they try to solve the myster of their parents’ death, all while dodging an evil uncle who is trying to steal their fortune. Based on the Lemony Snicket children’s book series.
Voltron: Legendary Defender (Netflix)
- Five unsuspecting teenagers are transported from Earth into the middle of a sprawling intergalactic war and become pilots for five robotic lions in the battle to protect the universe from evil. Only through the true power of teamwork can they unite to form the mighty warrior known as Voltron. (Animated)
Face Off (Syfy)
Black Sails (Starz)
Iron Fist, Marvel’s (Netflix)
Billionaire Danny Rand returns to New York City after being missing for years, trying to reconnect with his past and his family legacy. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.
Aftermath (Syfy / Space - Canada)
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC)
American Horror Story (FX)
Ash Vs Evil Dead (Starz)
Black Mirror (Netflix)
Channel Zero: Candle Cove (Syfy / Showcase - Canada)
Class (BBC Three - UK / Space - Canada) [BBC America - 2017 April?]
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW)
Crazyhead (E4 - UK / Netflix - International)
- Bowling alley worker Amy and socially inept Raquel kick some serious demon butt while also facing their inner demons as they navigate their early 20s.
Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency (BBC America / Netflix - International - in December)
The Exorcist (Fox)
Falling Water (USA / Bravo - Canada)
The Flash (CW)
From Dusk Til Dawn (El Rey / Netflix - International)
The Good Place (NBC)
Halcyon (Syfy UK)
Humans (Channel 4 - UK) / early 2017 (AMC - US)
Last Man On Earth (Fox)
Legends Of Tomorrow, DC’s (CW)
No Tomorrow (CW)
Once Upon A Time (ABC)
People Of Earth (TBS)
Scream Queens (Fox)
Skylanders Academy (Netflix)
Son Of Zorn (Fox)
Star Wars Rebels (Disney XD)
Steven Universe (Cartoon Network)
Travelers (Showcase - Canada / Netflix - “later in the year”)
- Set against the great sweep of ochre sands, looming cliffs and baking heat of Egypt’s Valley of the Kings, the story unfolds from 1905 when Carter, an eminent British archaeologist who we meet in his early 20’s, is fervently leading an expedition. Amidst the chaos scattered across the Valley floor, Carter’s grim determination to find lost antiquities is only too apparent. He has an easy manner with the Egyptian men who work alongside him, but when tempers fray Carter is hotheaded and puts the dig and his career in jeopardy.
The Vampire Diaries (CW) *** Final season
Van Helsing (Syfy)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
Wolf Creek (Pop)
Yonderland (Sky1 - UK)
Z Nation (Syfy)
Zapped (Dave - UK)
The 100 (CW) - Midseason 2017
12 Monkeys - 2017
Altered Carbon (Netflix)
- Based on the Richard Morgan book which is set in the 25th century and explores what happens when the human mind becomes digitized and the soul is transferable from one body to another. Takeshi Kovacs, an ex-elite interstellar warrior known as an Envoy who has been imprisoned for 500 years, is downloaded into a future he had tried to stop. If he can solve a single murder in a world where technology has made death nearly obsolete, he will get a chance at a new life on Earth.
American Gods (Starz) - 2017
- Based on the Neil Gaiman novel. Released from prison, Shadow finds his world turned upside down. His wife has been killed; a mysterious stranger offers him a job. But Mr. Wednesday, who knows more about Shadow than is possible, warns that a storm is coming — a battle for the very soul of America . . . and they are in its direct path.
Bates Motel (A&E) - 2017 ** Final season
Blame! (Netflix) - 2017
- Set in the distant future where what’s left of the human race resides within the Megastructure, a vast and dangerous labyrinth that has grown wild and out of control. Thrown into this world is the mysterious Killy, a strange individual who is on a quest to bring civilization back from the brink of oblivion. (Anime)
Blood Drive (Syfy) - 2017
- LA’s last good cop is forced to join a twisted and gory cross-country death race. The cars are fueled by blood and his partner, a dangerous femme fatale, sees people as fuel.
Cloak and Dagger, Marvel’s (Freeform) - 2017
- Follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness.
The Cloud (Channel 4 - UK)
- The job of Cloud Station 13 is to protect the vast amounts of information the human population now hoards on its endless devices - the majority of which comprises of selfies, copious pictures of kittens and a lot of porn.
- The disparate group who man the hub are anything but technical whizzes; which would matter less if technology - including a largely voice activated ship - was a little more reliable.
Colony (USA) - 2017
Crazy Face (Netflix) - 2017
- When people die most go quietly into the night. But some have unfinished business: scores to settle, blood to spill, axes to plant in people’s heads...These tormented souls work through their issues by possessing the living. Most of the time they walk freely amongst us, unseen by all but a special few. Amy is one of those few. She works in a bowling alley and never really imagined herself battling the legions of hell. It can play havoc with a girl’s love life. Not to mention her mind. Thankfully Amy isn’t alone. Enter Raquel. Armed with Wikipedia and a baton she bought on e-bay, Raquel’s a self-made demon hunter with a whole lot of baggage and an impressive lack of social skills. An unlikely friendship is born as Amy and Raquel attempt to navigate their way through the choppy waters of their early twenties whilst simultaneously kicking the ass of some seriously gnarly demons. What could possibly go wrong?
Daredevil, Marvel’s (Netflix) - 2018
Dark (Netflix) - 2017
- A family saga with a supernatural twist is set in a German town in present day where the disappearance of two young children exposes the double lives and fractured relationships among four families. The story takes on a supernatural twist that ties back to the same town in 1986.
Dark Matter (Syfy) - 2017
The Defenders, Marvel’s (Netflix) - 2017
Doctor Who (BBC America) - April 2017
Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzan and Jane (Netflix)
- In this modern day remake, 16 year old Tarzan is returned from the African jungle to a London boarding school where he is a “fish-out-of-water” and challenges conformity. As the title suggests, Jane is central to the story, alongside Tarzan, as his ultimate partner in solving environmental injustice, crimes and mysteries. (Animated)
Electric Dreams: The World of Philip K. Dick (Channel 4 - UK)
- A 10-part anthology series based on the work of Philip K. Dick.
The Expanse - January 2017
Game Of Thrones (HBO) - 2017
The Good Witch (Hallmark) - 2017
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu) - 2017
- Gilead is a totalitarian society with a plunging birthrate ruled by a twisted religious fundamentalism that treats women as property of the state. As one of the few remaining fertile women, Offred is a Handmaid in the Commander’s household, one of the caste of women forced into sexual servitude as a last desperate attempt to repopulate a devastated world. In a society where one wrong word could end her life, she has one goal: to survive and find the daughter that was taken from her.
Hilda (Netflix) - 2018
- Based on the graphic novels by Luke Pearson. The series follows the journey of a fearless blue-haired girl as she travels from her home in a vast magical wilderness full of elves and giants to the bustling city of Trolberg, where she makes new friends and discovers mysterious creatures who are stranger –and sometimes more dangerous– than she ever expected. (Kids)
Imaginary Mary (ABC) - Midseason 2017
- Live-action/CGI project centers on Alice, a fiercely independent career woman whose life is turned upside-down when she meets the love of her life – a divorced father with three kids. This triggers even more upheaval when the slightly unhinged imaginary friend she created as a child suddenly reappears to help her navigate the transition from single girl to a woman ready for a family.
Inside No. 9 (BBC - UK) - Fall?
Into The Badlands (AMC) - 2017
iZombie (CW) - Midseason 2017
Killjoys (Syfy) - 2017
Knightfall (History) - Late 2016?
- Chronicles the mysterious but true accounts of the Knights Templar, the elite warriors of the Crusades. Delving into the great secrets protected by the Templars, it tells the story of faith, loyalty and brotherhood that help sustain these warriors on the battlefield and the dark events that would forever sear the infamous date of Friday the 13th into the world’s psyche.
Jessica Jones, Marvel’s (Netflix) - 2018
Kong: King of the Apes (Netflix) - 2017
The Leftovers (HBO) - 2017
Legion (FX) - February 2017
- Follows the story of David Haller, a troubled young man who may be more than human. Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.
Lost In Space (Netflix) - 2018
- Centers around the Robinson family, who is forced to come together in a time of crisis. Stranded light years from their intended destination, they find themselves battling a strange new alien environment and also their own personal demons. Equal parts family drama and sci-fi adventure, it is a survival story for the ages.
Lucky Man, Stan Lee’s (Sky 1 - UK) - 2017
The Magicians (Syfy) - January 2017
Making History (Fox) - Midseason 2017
- Centers on three unlikely friends who find an even less likely way to travel through time, irreversibly complicating their personal lives in 2016 as the great moments of the past collide with today’s popular culture — with hilarious and quite disastrous results.
- A guy lives a fantasy life in his dreams but in reality is locked up at an institution. Based on the 2014 Norwegian series.
Midnight, Texas (NBC) - Midseason 2017
- About a small town in Texas where the real world bumps up against a host of otherworldly phenomena. Based on novels by Charlaine Harris.
The Mist (Spike) - 2017
- Tells the story of a foreboding mist that arrives in one small town ushering in a terrifying new reality for its residents, putting their humanity to the test. What will people do to survive when blinded by fear?
Mr. Robot (USA) - 2017
Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Netflix) - 2017
The OA (Netflix) - Fall?
The Originals (CW) - Midseason 2017
Orphan Black (BBC America) - 2017 **Final season
Outcast (Cinemax) - 2017
Perfect Bones (Netflix) - 2017
- Set in the future where scientists have tried to create the “perfect human” in hopes of keeping peace in the universe. After nearly achieving their goal through several children, the scientists send their “new humans” for further training where they are kidnapped by an evil organization set on using their powers to implement their own concept of a new world order. (Anime)
Powerless (NBC) - Midseason 2017
- An office comedy about the exceedingly average employees at an insurance company and their quest to find their own power, set in the DC Comics universe full of superheroes, villains and people just like us.
The Punisher, Marvel’s (Netflix)
- Follows the Punisher, who is the alter ego of military veteran Frank Castle, who wages a one-man war against crime after his wife and children are killed during a shootout by rival mob outfits. The character’s belief in killing criminals rather than apprehending them frequently puts him at odds with Marvel’s traditional heroes.
Red Dwarf XII (Dave - UK) - 2017
Red Mars (Spike) - Production on Hold
- Based on the Kim Stanley Robinson’s Mars Trilogy novels that chronicle the settlement and terraforming of the planet Mars.
Reign (CW) - Midseason 2017
Rick and Morty (Adult Swim) - Fall?
Riverdale (CW) - Midseason 2017
- Archie, Betty, Veronica, and their friends that explore the surrealism of small town life and the darkness that is bubbling between Riverdale’s wholesome facade.
The Shannara Chronicles - Winter 2017
Sleepy Hollow (Fox) - Midseason 2017
SS-GB (mini series - BBC) - early 2017
- Based on an alternate history novel by Len Deighton, set in a United Kingdom conquered and occupied by Germany during the Second World War. The series will follow a Scotland Yard detective who investigates what appears to be a simple black market murder, only to find himself dragged into a much darker and treacherous world involving British atomic weapons research secrets.
Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access/ Space - Canada/ Netflix - International) - May 2017
Still Star-Crossed (ABC) - Midseason 2017
- The show picks up where the famous Romeo & Juliet story ends, following the Montagues and Capulets in the wake of the tragic fate of the young lovers. Based on the Melinda Taub book.
Stitchers (FreeForm) - 2017
The Strain (FX) - 2017
Stranger Things (Netflix) - 2017
Stretch Armstrong (Netflix) - late 2017
- From Hasbro Studios comes an animated action/comedy series about overscheduled teenager Jake Armstrong and his two best friends. When the trio are accidentally exposed to an experimental chemical, they become Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters, a team of unlikely superheroes who expand beyond the confines of their lives and embark on a series of adventures.
Tales From The Crypt (TNT) - 2017
- Anthology based on the original EC Comics by William Gaines as well as new stories.
The Terror (AMC) - 2017
- A Royal Navy expedition crew searching for the Northwest Passage in 1847 is attacked by a mysterious predator that stalks the ships and their crews in a suspenseful and desperate game of survival. Based on Dan Simmoms’ 2007 book, it’s a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin’s lost expedition of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Time After Time (ABC) - Midseason 2017
- Based on the novel and movie Time After Time and described as a fantastical cat and mouse adventure through time when famed science fiction writer H.G. Wells is transported to modern day Manhattan in pursuit of Jack the Ripper.
Timewasters (ITV2 - UK) - late 2016?
- A struggling four-piece South London jazz band travel back in time to the 1920s via a urine-sodden lift in a dilapidated block of flats.
- Stuck in the past after their ‘time machine’ is destroyed, our gang decide to explore, before quickly discovering that being young and black in the Jazz Age is a lot less genteel and a lot more shady than Downton Abbey had led them to believe.
- Aided and abetted by a pair of oddball twins and some 1920s luminaries, the band are forced to navigate the parties and pitfalls of the Roaring Twenties while searching for a way back home. All the while, not missing the opportunity to introduce the Bright Young Things to some of the twenty-first century’s finest tunes.
Twin Peaks (Showtime) - 2017
- The original series followed the residents of a quaint northwestern town who were stunned when homecoming queen Laura Palmer was murdered. Twenty-five years later, the story continues...
The White Princess (Starz) - 2017
- Set in 1485 and is a follow-up to miniseries The White Queen, continuing the story of the War of the Roses. It covers the conclusion of the war and the rise of the House of Tudor through the marriage of Princess Elizabeth of York, the White Queen’s daughter, to King Henry VII Tudor. Based on Phillippa Gregory’s novel.
Will (TNT) - 2017
- The wild story of young William Shakespeare’s arrival onto the punk rock theater scene that was 16th century London — the seductive, violent world where his raw talent faced rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous side-shows. It’s the hot, contemporary, dangerous version of Shakespeare’s life, played to a modern soundtrack, exposing all his recklessness, lustful temptations and brilliance.
Wynonna Earp (Syfy) - 2017
Zoo (CBS) - 2017