November sees the premiere of another two Marvel shows and the return of Mythbusters with a new pair of hosts. We also have the continuing adventures of Hiro and Baymax, a holiday special featuring Poppy the Troll and a new series with a stretchy hero who originated in the ‘70s. Check below to find out when your favorite shows are premiering.
Bolded title = premiere
Italicized bolded title = finale (mid, season, series, etc)
Photo: Clockwise from top left: The Punisher, Big Hero 6: The Series, Runaways & Stretch Armstrong.
Stan Against Evil (IFC)
Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil (Disney XD)
- The Yggdmillennia clan wage a rebellion against the Mage’s Association, who counter with an all-powerful force to protect the Greater Grail. (Anime)
The Detectorists (BBC4 - UK)
Stan Against Evil (Space - Canada)
Inhumans, Marvel’s (ABC) **Season Finale
Guardians Of The Galaxy, Marvel’s (Disney XD) **Season Finale
Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams (Space - Canada)
A 10-part anthology series based on the work of Philip K. Dick.
Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access/ Space - Canada) **Fall finale
American Horror Story: Cult (FX) **Season Finale
Future Man (Hulu)
- A janitor by day/world-ranked gamer by night is tasked with preventing the extinction of humanity after mysterious visitors from the future proclaim him the key to defeating the imminent super-race invasion.
- Mythbusters: The Search alums Brian Louden and Jon Lung will be featured on the new season where they will build and execute new experiments involving rocket powered swords, exploding gas tanks, airbag disasters and more.
Zapped (Dave - UK) **Season Finale
The Punisher, Marvel’s (Netflix)
- Follows the Punisher, who is the alter ego of military veteran Frank Castle, who wages a one-man war against crime after his wife and children are killed during a shootout by rival mob outfits. The character’s belief in killing criminals rather than apprehending them frequently puts him at odds with Marvel’s traditional heroes.
Stretch Armstrong & The Flex Fighters (Netflix)
- From Hasbro Studios comes an animated action/comedy series about over-scheduled teenager Jake Armstrong and his two best friends. When the trio are accidentally exposed to an experimental chemical, they become Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters, a team of unlikely superheroes who expand beyond the confines of their lives and embark on a series of adventures.
Big Hero 6: The Series (Disney XD)
- Set in the fictional city of San Fransokyo, 14-year-old tech genius Hiro begins school as the new prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology and sets off to rebuild Baymax. However, his overconfidence and penchant for taking shortcuts leads him and the newly minted Big Hero 6 team – Wasabi, Honey Lemon, Go Go and Fred – into trouble. Takes place after the events of the 2014 film. (Animated)
Runaways, Marvel’s (Hulu)
- Six diverse teenagers who can barely stand each other must unite against a common foe – their parents.
Runaways, Marvel’s (Showcase - Canada)
Trolls Holiday, Dreamworks (NBC) **Special
- Now that the Bergens’ one holiday is gone—and the Trolls don’t have to worry about being eaten by their neighbors—Poppy, the eternally optimistic Troll queen, has made it her mission to bring a brand new day of celebration to Bergen Town. But just because Poppy won’t rest until the village embraces Ticklepalooza or Balloon Squeal Day doesn’t mean the Bergens are quite ready to launch a celebration as loud, crazy and glittery as the little Troll suggesting it.
Angry Angel (Freeform) **Movie
- Follows a young woman-turned-angel, Allison Pyke, who is stuck on Earth and can’t seem to ring the right bells in order to pass through those pearly gates into heaven. When the love of her life, Patrick, shows up in New York City, it complicates Pyke’s journey as well as frustrates her angel mentor. The not-so-merry situation also turns into an unexpected love triangle with her friend with sometimes benefits, Barker.
Beyond (Freeform) **30-minute sneak peak of the season 2 premiere
Vikings (History) **2-hour Premiere
Agents Of SHIELD, Marvel’s (ABC) **2-Hour Premiere
- A family saga with a supernatural twist is set in a German town in present day where the disappearance of two young children exposes the double lives and fractured relationships among four families. The story takes on a supernatural twist that ties back to the same town in 1986.
- Nick Sax – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named “Happy”.
- Chronicles the mysterious but true accounts of the Knights Templar, the elite warriors of the Crusades. Delving into the great secrets protected by the Templars, it tells the story of faith, loyalty and brotherhood that help sustain these warriors on the battlefield and the dark events that would forever sear the infamous date of Friday the 13th into the world’s psyche.
Shut Eye (Hulu)
Psych: The Movie (USA)
- Three years after the series finale, the ambitious friends — along with some returning fan-favorite characters — come together during the holidays after a mystery assailant targets one of their own.
The Crown (Netflix)
Outlander (Starz) **Season Finale
The Librarians (TNT) **2-hour Premiere
Bright (Netflix) **Movie
- In an alternate present-day where magical creatures live among us, two L.A. cops become embroiled in a prophesied turf battle.
Doctor Who: Twice Upon a Time (BBC)
The Alienist (TNT)
- A psychological thriller set in 1896 New York. When a series of haunting, gruesome murders of boy prostitutes grips the city, newly appointed police commissioner Theodore Roosevelt calls upon criminal psychologist (aka alienist) Dr. Laszlo Kreizler and newspaper reporter John Moore to conduct the investigation in secret. Using the emerging disciplines of psychology and early forensic investigation techniques, they track down one of New York City’s first serial killers. Based on the novel by Caleb Carr.
The Tick (Amazon)
Ash Vs Evil Dead (Starz)
Bristol Cove is a coastal town known for its legend of once being home to mermaids. When the arrival of a mysterious girl proves this folklore all too true, the battle between man and sea takes a very vicious turn as these predatory beings return to reclaim their right to the ocean.
American Horror Story: Cult (FX)
Avengers: Secret Wars, Marvel’s (Disney XD)
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW)
Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency (BBC America)
The Exorcist (Fox)
The Flash (CW)
Ghost Wars (Syfy / Netflix - International)
The Gifted (Fox)
The Good Place (NBC)
The Inhumans, Marvel’s (ABC)
Kevin (Probably) Saves The World (ABC)
The Last Man On Earth (Fox)
Legends Of Tomorrow, DC’s (CW)
The Lion Guard (Disney Junior)
Mr. Robot (USA / Showcase - Canada)
Once Upon A Time (ABC)
The Orville (Fox)
Outlander (Starz / W - Canada)
Red Dwarf XII (Dave - UK)
The Shannara Chronicles (Spike / Space - Canada)
South Park (Comedy Central)
Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access/ Space - Canada)
Star Wars Rebels (Disney XD)
Stranger Things (Netflix)
Tangled: The Series (Disney XD)
Timewasters (ITV2 - UK)
Travelers (Showcase - Canada)
Van Helsing (Syfy)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
Wisdom Of The Crowd (CBS)
Z Nation (Syfy / Space - Canada)
Zapped (Dave - UK)
TBA - UPCOMING
Altered Carbon (Netflix) - 2018
- Based on the Richard Morgan book which is set in the 25th century and explores what happens when the human mind becomes digitized and the soul is transferable from one body to another. Takeshi Kovacs, an ex-elite interstellar warrior known as an Envoy who has been imprisoned for 500 years, is downloaded into a future he had tried to stop. If he can solve a single murder in a world where technology has made death nearly obsolete, he will get a chance at a new life on Earth.
Black Lightning (CW) - Midseason 2018
- Gifted with the superhuman power to harness and control electricity, Jefferson Pierce used those powers to keep his hometown streets safe as the masked vigilante Black Lightning. However, after too many nights with his life on the line, and seeing the effects of the damage and loss that his alter ego was inflicting on his family, he left his Super Hero days behind and settled into being a principal and a dad. Almost a decade later, Pierce’s crime-fighting days are long behind him…or so he thought. But with crime and corruption spreading like wildfire, and those he cares about in the crosshairs of the menacing local gang The One Hundred, Black Lightning returns — to save not only his family, but also the soul of his community.
Blue Book (History)
- Chronicles the true top-secret U.S. Air Force-sponsored investigations into UFO-related phenomena in the 1950s and ’60s, known as “Project Blue Book.” It follows Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a brilliant college professor recruited by the Air Force to spearhead this clandestine operation that researched thousands of cases, many of which were never solved. Each episode will draw from the actual files, blending UFO theories with authentic historical events from one of the most mysterious eras in U.S. history.
Britannia (Sky / Amazon - US) - 2018
- Set in 43AD, when Britannia was a country ruled by powerful Druids and warrior queens, it follows the reluctant rise to power of Kerra, the daughter of the King of the Cantii. When the Romans invade Britannia, she and her arch-rival Queen Antedia are forced to put their differences aside to face their invaders.
Carnival Row (Amazon) - 2018
- Mythical creatures fleeing their war-torn homeland have gathered in in a neo-Victorian city, and tensions are simmering between citizens and the growing immigrant population. The fantasy noir follows the investigation of a string of unsolved murders that are eating away at whatever uneasy peace still exists.
Castle Rock (Hulu)
- Psychological-horror series explores the themes and worlds uniting the entire Stephen King canon. It combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.
The City And The City (BBC Two) - 2018
- The body of a foreign student is discovered in the streets of the down at heel city of Beszel. Cases like this are run of the mill for Inspector Tyador Borlú of the Extreme Crime Squad - until his investigations uncover evidence that the dead girl had come from another city called Ul Qoma. But the relationship between the two cities defies comprehension and will challenge everything Borlú holds dear. Based on the novel by China Miéville.
Cloak and Dagger, Marvel’s (Freeform) - Early 2018
- Follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness.
Counterpart (Starz) - Early 2018
- A UN employee discovers the agency he works for is hiding a gateway to a parallel dimension.
The Crossing (ABC)
- Refugees from a war-torn country seek asylum in a small American fishing town, only the country these people are from is America – and the war they are fleeing hasn’t happened yet.
The Dangerous Book For Boys (Amazon)
- Wyatt and his brothers are coming to terms with the death of their dad, a wonderful, whimsical inventor who touched the lives of everyone who knew him. He leaves the boys with a copy of The Dangerous Book for Boys, and the how-to book inspires fantasies for Wyatt. While in his fantasy world, he reconnects with his father and learns life skills that help him navigate real life.
- Set in the crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland, it follows the misadventures of hard-drinking young princess Bean, her feisty elf companion Elfo and her personal demon Luci. Along the way, the oddball trio will encounter ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses and lots of human fools. (Animated)
Final Space (TBS) - 2018
- Follows astronaut Gary and his adorable, planet-destroying friend, Mooncake. Starting in 2018, the two embark on a quest to unlock the mystery of ‘Final Space’, the place where the entire universe ends. (Animated)
The First (Hulu) - 2018
- Set in the near future about the first human mission to Mars. The series will explore the challenges of taking the first steps toward interplanetary colonization.
Good Omens (Amazon) **Mini-series 2019
- It’s 2018, the Apocalypse is near and Final Judgment is set to descend upon humanity. The armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, and tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon are not actually looking forward to the coming war, and someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist. Based on the Neil Gaiman novel.
- Equal parts a high-concept thriller and coming-of-age drama, it follows the journey of an extraordinary young girl as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is. Based on the 2011 feature film.
Hard Sun (BBC One / Hulu) - January 2018
- Set in contemporary London, detectives Robert Hicks and Elaine Renko must somehow learn to work together if they’re going to survive until the end of the world.
The Haunting Of Hill House (Netflix) - 2018
- A modern re-imagining of Shirley Jackson’s 1959 novel about people living in an old mansion where supernatural phenomena is occurring.
Hilda (Netflix) - 2018
- Based on the graphic novels by Luke Pearson. The series follows the journey of a fearless blue-haired girl as she travels from her home in a vast magical wilderness full of elves and giants to the bustling city of Trolberg, where she makes new friends and discovers mysterious creatures who are stranger –and sometimes more dangerous– than she ever expected. (Kids)
His Dark Materials (BBC One - UK)
- The new series is an adaptation of Pullman’s cult fantasy trilogy which consists of three books: Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. The series follows Lyra Belacqua, an orphan who lives in a world similar to ours “in which science, theology and magic are entwined”. In Lyra’s world, every person has a companion called a daemon which is magically linked to them by a substance called Dust.
The Hollow (Netflix) - 2018
- The series opens with three teens, Adam, Kai and Mira, as they awake confused and alone in an underground bunker. Wandering through a maze of bizarre towns, odd time portals, dangerous beasts and quirky characters, the three strangers are forced to band together as they search for a way back home. (Kids)
How It Ends (Netflix) **Movie - 2018
- In the midst of an apocalypse, a man travels thousands of miles with his disapproving, ex-military father-in-law to reach his pregnant wife.
IO (Netflix) **Movie
- The story of one girl’s coming of age while examining the dangers of humanity’s current relationship with the planet. Qualley will play Sam Walden, a teenager surviving as one of the last people on an abandoned post-cataclysmic Earth, who is racing to find a cure for her poisoned home world before the last shuttle off the planet to the distant human space colony leaves her stranded.
Krypton (Syfy) - 2018
- Set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet, the series follows Superman’s grandfather — whose House of El was ostracized and shamed — as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos.
Lego Elves (Netflix)
- Emily Jones returns through the portal to Elvendale with her little sister, Sophie. After charming many of the Elves upon her arrival, Sophie is taken by the cruel Goblin King and his evil minions. Emily and her cast of Elf friends head deep into a magical forest to save her sister and free Goblin Village from its tyrannical king.
Lost In Space (Netflix) - 2018
- Centers around the Robinson family, who is forced to come together in a time of crisis. Stranded light years from their intended destination, they find themselves battling a strange new alien environment and also their own personal demons.
Maniac (Netflix) - 2018
- A guy lives a fantasy life in his dreams but in reality is locked up at an institution. Based on the 2014 Norwegian series.
Mr. Mercedes (Audience Network)
- A demented killer taunts a retired police detective with a series of lurid letters and emails, forcing the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he is able to strike again. Based on the Stephen King book.
New Warriors, Marvel’s (Freeform) - 2018
- Follows six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of The Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world … even if the world isn’t ready. Featuring Squirrel Girl, Mister Immortal, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Microbe and Debrii. (Comedy)
- Set in the future on the eve of Earth’s destruction, a crew of explorers journey on the most advanced ship in the galaxy, The Nightflyer, to intercept a mysterious alien spacecraft that might hold the key to their survival. Based on the novel by George R.R. Martin.
Perfect Bones (Netflix)
- Set in the future where scientists have tried to create the “perfect human” in hopes of keeping peace in the universe. After nearly achieving their goal through several children, the scientists send their “new humans” for further training where they are kidnapped by an evil organization set on using their powers to implement their own concept of a new world order. (Anime)
Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams (Amazon) - 2018
- A 10-part anthology series based on the work of Philip K. Dick.
The Rain (Netflix) - 2018
- Ten years after a brutal virus has wiped out most of the population in Scandinavia, two young siblings embark on a search for safety. Only guided by their father’s notebook about the virus and the hazards of this new world, they start a dangerous journey through the country joining a group of other young survivors. Facing grave perils, the group must quickly realize that the greatest danger does not come from the outside - it comes from within.
The Raven Cycle (Syfy)
- The story of seventeen year old Blue Sargent who becomes involved with a group of four privileged private school boys on a quest to find a source of mythical and mysterious power hidden deep in rural Virginia. The closer they get to taking control of their destiny, the more threatening their journey becomes - both physically and emotionally, as Blue discovers she’s fated to kill one of the boys. Based on Maggie Stiefvater’s novels.
Reverie (NBC) - Midseason 2018
- Mara Kint is a former hostage negotiator and expert on human behavior who became a college professor after facing an unimaginable personal tragedy. But when she’s brought in to save ordinary people who have lost themselves in a highly advanced virtual-reality program in which you can literally live your dreams, she finds that in saving others, she may actually have discovered a way to save herself.
Robozuna (CiTV - UK / Netflix - International) - Early 2018
- An orphaned 14-year-old boy, Ariston, and his homemade robot friend, Mangle, attempt to free their oppressed nation from an evil empire and its legion of robot centurions. (Animated)
- Set in a world ravaged by ecological devastation, savage winds, and shifting dunes. At its center is a family who makes their way in this world as sand divers: the elite few who can travel deep beneath the desert floor to retrieve mysterious and valuable relics lost to the dust. Adrift in the wake of their father’s disappearance years ago, they rely on skill and each other to endure this ruthless environment where otherwise good people lie, sabotage, and kill in order to survive.
Sirens Of Titan (Syfy)
- The story follows Malachi Constant, the richest man in 22nd-century America. He possesses extraordinary luck which he attributes to divine favor and has used to build upon his father’s fortune. He becomes the center point of a journey that takes him from Earth to Mars in preparation for an interplanetary war, to Mercury with another Martian survivor of that war, back to Earth to be pilloried as a sign of Man’s displeasure with his arrogance, and finally to Titan where he again meets the man ostensibly responsible for the turn of events that have befallen him. Based on Kurt Vonnegut’s novel.
Stargate: Origins (Stargate Command)
- The 10-episode web series follows a young Catherine Langford as she tries to solve the mysteries that lie beyond the Stargate in order to save Earth from impending doom.
The Terror (AMC) - 2018
- A Royal Navy expedition crew searching for the Northwest Passage in 1847 is attacked by a mysterious predator that stalks the ships and their crews in a suspenseful and desperate game of survival. Based on Dan Simmoms’ 2007 book, it’s a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin’s lost expedition of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Troy: Fall Of A City (BBC One - UK / Netflix - International) - Late 2017 / Early 2018
- A retelling of the fall of Troy sweeps back to the judgement of Paris, his scandalous love affair with Helen and the ill-starred prophecy surrounding his birth. Told from the perspective of the Trojan royal family at the heart of the siege, the story’s main themes are love, intrigue, betrayal and belonging.
The Umbrella Academy (Netflix) - 2018
- Based on the comics and graphic novels written by Gerard Way, the series that follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they work together to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities.
- Set in San Francisco in the aftermath of the Civil War, the story follows a young martial arts prodigy, newly arrived from China under mysterious circumstances, who becomes a hatchet man for one of Chinatown’s most powerful tongs. Based on original material written by Bruce Lee.
- A 21st century love story that asks, “What would you do for love?” When a brilliant bookstore manager crosses paths with an aspiring writer, his answer becomes clear: anything. Using the Internet and social media as his tools to gather the most intimate of details and get close to her, a charming and awkward crush quickly becomes obsession as he quietly and strategically removes every obstacle – and person – in his way. Based on the Caroline Kepnes series.
TBA - RETURNING
Channel Zero: Butcher’s Block (Syfy) - Early 2018
Scream (MTV) - March 2018
Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access/ Space - Canada) - January 2018