October will be a busy month for premieres. CW shows start returning on the ninth, bringing a wealth of DC comic characters, as well as a witchy reboot and a supernatural spin-off. Syfy is bringing back their zombie and vampire series and airing weekly horror movies. A certain time-travelling doctor will make her debut, and we’ll see the return of a blind vigilante.
The month that brings us Halloween is also bringing an abundance of spooky shows and movies, featuring serial killers, haunted houses and a Woman in White. And don’t forget about the new tales set in a galaxy far, far away and featuring a Dick Grayson-lead superhero group. There have also been many additions to the ‘TBA - UPCOMING’ list, if you’re interested in what will be coming to your screen in the next year or two. Continue on below to find out what’s coming when.
Bolded title = premiere
Italicized bolded title = finale (mid, season, series, etc)
Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors (Disney / Disney XD) **Movie
- Powered teens Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Quake, Patriot, America Chavez, and Inferno join forces as an unlikely, but formidable crew of aspiring heroes. When a threat no one could have expected bears down on the Marvel Universe, this ragtag, untrained band of teens have no choice but to rise together and prove to the world that sometimes the difference between a “hero” and “misfit” is just in the name. (Animated)
The Outpost (CW) **Season Finale
Wrecked (TBS) **Season Finale
Star Trek: Short Treks (CBS All Access)
- Four 10-15 minute stand-alone stories to be released monthly, featuring Harry Mudd, Saru’s back story, Tilly’s journey aboard Discovery and a man named Craft who finds himself as the only human on a deserted ship.
Into The Dark: The Body (Hulu)
- A 12-part horror anthology series from Blumhouse, which will have one feature-length episode released the first friday of each month. Episode 1: A sophisticated hitman with a cynical view on modern society finds his work made more difficult when he has to transport a body on Halloween night, but everyone is enamored by what they think is his killer costume.
Malevolent (Netflix) **Movie
- A brother-sister team who fake paranormal encounters for cash get more than they bargained for when a job at a haunted estate turns very, very real.
The Man In The High Castle (Amazon)
Van Helsing (Syfy)
Z Nation (Syfy)
No Escape Room (Syfy) **Movie
- A father and daughter check out a small town escape room and discover there is something sinister about the place.
You Might Be The Killer (Syfy) **Movie
- Follows friends Sam and Chuck, with the latter calling his buddy for advice while a serial killer terrorizes Camp Clear Vista where he’s a counselor.
Doctor Who (BBC / BBC America / Space - Canada)
Star Wars: Resistance (Disney) **1-hour Series Premiere
- Follows Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. Set before the events in The Force Awakens. (Animated)
The Walking Dead (AMC) **90-Minute Premiere
Black Lightning (CW)
The Flash (CW)
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW)
Errementari: The Blacksmith and the Devil (Netflix) **Movie
- Set in 19th-century northern Spain, offers a retelling of an ancient fable about a blacksmith who finds himself in a vicious battle with the devil.
The Haunting Of Hill House (Netflix)
- A modern re-imagining of Shirley Jackson’s 1959 novel about people living in an old mansion where supernatural phenomena is occurring.
Light As A Feather (Hulu)
- An innocent game of “Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board” goes wrong when the five teen girls who played start dying off in the exact way that was predicted, forcing the survivors to figure out why they’re being targeted – and whether the evil force hunting them down is one of their own.
Titans (DC Universe)
- It follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In the action-adventure series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes that includes Starfire, Raven and others.
Big Hero 6: The Series (Disney) **1-Hour Season Finale
Cucuy: The Boogeyman (Syfy) **Movie
- A teenage girl confined to her home on house arrest soon discovers that the nightmarish urban legends of the Mexican boogeyman, El Cucuy, are actually true.
Karma (Syfy) **Movie
- When recent college grad Manny has trouble making ends meet, his father-in-law offers him a job evicting delinquent tenants. Manny soon finds himself unleashing a karma demon which stalks him at every turn.
- After the tragic death of their mother, three sisters in a college town are stunned to discover they are witches. Soon this powerful threesome must stand together to fight the everyday and supernatural battles that all modern witches must face: from vanquishing powerful demons to toppling the patriarchy.
Eli Roth’s History Of Horror (AMC) **Premieres at Midnight / 11C
- Brings together the masters of horror - icons and stars who define the genre - to explore its biggest themes and reveal the inspirations and struggles behind its past and present.
The Gifted (Fox - UK)
Mythical Beasts (Science)
- For thousands of years, humankind has believed in mythical creatures, from dragons and cyclops, to vampires and sea monsters. Where did the stories of these fabled beasts come? Science Channel will reveal the origin stories of popular monster mysteries.
Constantine: The Legend Continues (CW) **1-Hour Special Broadcast Airing
Zapped! (Dave - UK)
Daredevil, Marvel’s (Netflix)
Gnome Alone (Netflix) **Movie
- A teenage girl moves into a new house in a new town and discovers her house is under attack by underground beasts. After making the discovery, she finds that she and the house gnomes are the only ones who can offer protection to the town. (Animated)
Illang: The Wolf Brigade (Netflix) **Movie
- Set in 2029 where South and North Korea get ready for a unified government after years of preparation. South Korean police launches a special unit, known as “Illang” (The Wolf Brigade), to stop an anti-reunification terrorist group called “The Sect”.
Killer High (Syfy) **Movie
- Sabrina’s perfectly planned high school reunion goes south when a monster keeps killing all the guests in this horror-comedy.
The Good Witch (Hallmark) 2-hour Special
- An orphaned 14-year-old boy, Ariston, and his homemade robot friend, Mangle, attempt to free their oppressed nation from an evil empire and its legion of robot centurions. (Animated)
Wolf Creek (Pop) **Six episodes airing over three nights
The Woman In White (PBS)
- When a young man encounters a ghostly woman dressed all in white on a moonlit road, he is drawn into a web of intrigue that will transform his life forever. Offering his assistance to this distressed, spectral woman, he is later shocked to discover that she had just escaped from a nearby insane asylum.
Legends Of Tomorrow (CW)
Wolf Creek (Pop) **Season Finale
Mr. Mercedes (Audience) **Season Finale
- Continuing the tradition of ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and ‘The Originals’, the story of the next generation of supernatural beings at The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. Klaus Mikaelson’s daughter, 17-year-old Hope Mikaelson; Alaric Saltzman’s twins, Lizzie and Josie Saltzman; and other young adults come of age in the most unconventional way possible, nurtured to be their best selves…in spite of their worst impulses. Will these young witches, vampires and werewolves become the heroes they want to be — or the villains they were born to be?
Channel Zero: The Dream Door (Syfy)
- Follows newlyweds Jillian and Tom, who have each brought secrets into their marriage. When they discover a strange door in their basement, those secrets start to threaten their relationship and their lives.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix)
- The series reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist, this adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.
Midnight, Texas (NBC)
Dead In The Water (Syfy) **Movie
- An all-female crew on a boat in the middle of nowhere must deal with an invader on their ship.
RWBY (Rooster Teeth)
Zombie At 17 (Lifetime) **Movie
- 17-year-old Tia Scott has had a pretty normal life, that is until she starts exhibiting strange symptoms and realizes she’s caught a virus that’s slowly turning her into a zombie. Desperate to find a cure, the only person she trusts is a loner at school, Flynn, a self-proclaimed expert in all things paranormal. Will they be able to stop the disease before other problems in Tia’s life catch up to her?
Stan Against Evil (IFC)
Tell Me A Story (CBS All Access)
- The series takes the world’s most beloved fairy tales and reimagines them as a dark and twisted psychological thriller. Set in modern-day New York City, the first season of this serialized drama interweaves “The Three Little Pigs,” “Little Red Riding Hood” and “Jack and the Beanstalk” into an epic and subversive tale of love, loss, greed, revenge and murder.
Into The Dark: Flesh & Blood (Hulu)
The Purge (USA) **Season Finale
Star Trek: Short Treks (CBS All Access) **Episode 2
The Last Ship (TNT) **Series Finale
Mars (Nat Geo)
Origin (YouTube Premium)
- A group of strangers find themselves stranded on a spacecraft bound for a distant planet. The abandoned passengers must work together for survival, but quickly realize that one of them is far from who they claim to be.
She-Ra And The Princess Of Power (Netflix)
- In this reboot of the ‘80s series, a magic sword transforms an orphan girl into warrior She-Ra, who unites a rebellion to fight against evil. (Animated)
The Woman In White (PBS) **Season Finale
Eli Roth’s History Of Horror (AMC) **Season Finale
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return (Netflix)
The Walking Dead (AMC) **Fall Finale
Wolf Creek (Pop) **Season Finale
Nightflyers (Syfy) **Broadcast in five day clusters, over two weeks
- Set in the future on the eve of Earth’s destruction, a crew of explorers journey on the most advanced ship in the galaxy, The Nightflyer, to intercept a mysterious alien spacecraft that might hold the key to their survival. Based on the novel by George R.R. Martin.
Star Trek: Short Treks (CBS All Access) **Episode 3
The Flash (CW) **Special Night, Part 1 of the crossover event
Nightflyers (Syfy) **Season Finale
Runaways, Marvel’s (Hulu)
The Orville (Fox) *Post-NFL game premiere, Special night
Star Trek: Short Treks (CBS All Access) **Season Finale
Tell Me A Story (CBS All Access) **Season Finale
Project Blue Book (History)
- Chronicles the true top-secret U.S. Air Force-sponsored investigations into UFO-related phenomena in the 1950s and ’60s, known as “Project Blue Book.” It follows Dr. J. Allen Hynek, a brilliant college professor recruited by the Air Force to spearhead this clandestine operation that researched thousands of cases, many of which were never solved. Each episode will draw from the actual files, blending UFO theories with authentic historical events from one of the most mysterious eras in U.S. history.
Deadly Class (Syfy)
- Follows a disillusioned teen recruited into a storied high school for assassins. Maintaining his moral code while navigating a ruthless curriculum, vicious social cliques, and his own adolescent uncertainties may prove fatal. Set against the backdrop of late 80s counter culture. Based on the smash hit comic series by Rick Remender.
A Discovery Of Witches (Sundance Now / Shudder) **Full season release
- About a powerful witch at Oxford named Diana, who’s trying to suppress her magic until she meets a handsome and mysterious vampire named Matthew Clairmont, played in the series by Matthew Goode. Their budding love is tested as they are catapulted into a dangerous mystery surrounding Diana’s untapped power and Ashmole 782, an elusive tome that witches, vampires, and daemons alike would do anything to obtain. Based on the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness.
Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access)
Future Man (Hulu)
The Magicians (Syfy)
The Umbrella Academy (Netflix)
- Based on the Dark Horse comics written by Gerard Way, the series follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they work together to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities.
Cannon Busters (Netflix)
- Tells the story of a royal droid named S.A.M., who is searching for her best friend, and heir to the throne. Along the way, she’s joined by an old maintenance droid and a fugitive.
American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX)
Big Hero 6: The Series (Disney)
A Discovery Of Witches (Sky One - UK)
The Gifted (Fox)
God Friended Me (CBS)
The Good Place (NBC)
In Search Of (History)
The Last Ship (TNT)
Mr. Mercedes (Audience)
The Outpost (CW)
The Purge (USA)
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nickelodeon)
TBA - UPCOMING
New entries marked with [NEW].
Amazing Stories (Apple)
- A reboot of Steven Spielberg’s sci-fi anthology series
Amphibia (Disney) - 2019
- Chronicles the adventures of 13-year-old, self-centered Anne Boonchuy who is magically transported to the fictitious world of Amphibia, a rural marshland full of frog-people. With the help of an excitable young frog named Sprig, Anne will transform into a hero and discover the first true friendship of her life. (Animated)
The Angel Of Darkness (TNT)
- A limited series based on the sequel to Caleb Carr’s ‘The Alienist’.
[NEW] Another Life (Netflix)
- Astronaut Niko Breckinridge is focused on searching for alien intelligence, leading a crew on a mission to explore the genesis of an alien artifact. As Niko and her young crew investigate, they face unimaginable danger on what might very well be a one-way mission.
[NEW] Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix)
- This will be a live-action adaptation of the popular Nickelodeon animated series. Set in world people can manipulate the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, and Air, they lived peacefully in different regions until one started a world war. One master who can manipulate all four elements, dubbed the “Avatar,” had been able to prevent this war, but disappeared soon after. 100 years later, a new Avatar named Aang awakens and sets out on a journey to master all the elements in order to bring peace to the land once more.
- Centers on Emma Green, an American astronaut who must leave her husband and teenage daughter behind in order to command an international space crew embarking upon a treacherous, year-long mission.
[NEW] Black Summer (Netflix) - Early 2019
- A mother, torn from her daughter, who embarks upon a harrowing journey, stopping at nothing to find her. Thrust alongside a small group of American refugees, she must brave a hostile new world and make brutal decisions during the most deadly summer of a zombie apocalypse.
Blood & Treasure (CBS) - Summer 2019
- A brilliant antiquities expert and a cunning art thief team up to catch a ruthless terrorist who funds his attacks through stolen treasure. As they crisscross the globe hunting their target, they unexpectedly find themselves in the center of a 2,000-year-old battle for the cradle of civilization.
The Boys (Amazon) - 2019
- Set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Based on the Garth Ennis comic.
Carnival Row (Amazon) - 2019
- Mythical creatures fleeing their war-torn homeland have gathered in in a neo-Victorian city, and tensions are simmering between citizens and the growing immigrant population. The fantasy noir follows the investigation of a string of unsolved murders that are eating away at whatever uneasy peace still exists.
[NEW] Catherine The Great (HBO)
- Set against the politically tumultuous and sexually charged court of Russian empress Catherine the Great. She wielded supreme power throughout Russia for nearly half of the 18th century; strong-minded, independent, brilliantly intelligent and sexually liberated, she was the definition of the modern woman.
[NEW] Central Park (Apple)
- The story of a how a family of caretakers who live and work in Central Park end up saving the park — and basically the world.
[NEW] Chambers (Netflix)
- A young heart attack survivor becomes consumed by the mystery surrounding the heart that saved her life. However, the closer she gets to uncovering the truth about her donor’s sudden death, the more she starts taking on the characteristics of the deceased — some of which are troublingly sinister.
Consider Phlebas (Amazon)
- Horza, a rogue agent tasked by the Idirans with the impossible mission of recovering a missing Culture ‘Mind,’ an artificial intelligence many thousands of times smarter than any human—something that could hold the key to wiping out the Culture altogether. Based on Iain M. Banks’ novel.
[NEW] Cosmos: Possible Worlds (Fox & Nat Geo) - Spring
- The sequel to the acclaimed reboot of Carl Sagan’s landmark science documentary series, Possible Worlds, will go further into the mysteries of the universe. Hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
[NEW] Cursed (Netflix)
- A re-imagining of the Arthurian legend, told through the eyes of Nimue, a teenage heroine with a mysterious gift who is destined to become the powerful (and tragic) Lady of the Lake. After her mother’s death, she finds an unexpected partner in Arthur, a young mercenary, in a quest to find Merlin and deliver an ancient sword. Over the course of her journey, Nimue will become a symbol of courage and rebellion against the terrifying Red Paladins, and their complicit King Uther.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix) - 2019
- In this prequel to the fantasy classic, three young Gelflings inspire a rebellion against the cruel emperor when they discover a horrifying secret.
- Epic and intimate sci-fi fantasy drama revolving around a world’s battle against a monstrous, oppressive force.
[NEW] Dispatches From Everywhere (AMC)
- Anthology series a group of ordinary people who stumble onto a puzzle hiding just behind the veil of everyday life. They will come to find that the mystery winds far deeper than they ever imagined.
Doom Patrol (DC Universe)
- A re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them.
Dwight in Shining Armor (BYUtv)
- Dwight, a 21st century teen, falls into an ancient, underground chamber and lands lip-to-lip with Gretta, a gothic princess who has been magically sleeping for a thousand years. Dwight’s “kiss” awakens Gretta, her court magician, Baldric, as well as scores of medieval villains. Gretta and Baldric come from a rough and tough gothic war zone. They have no way of understanding 21st century manners or political climate. And they’re not really interested in adapting – they’ve got bigger concerns because all the problems from their world have followed them here.
Endlings (Hulu / CBC - Canada)
- When the last elephant on Earth mysteriously vanishes, four foster kids discover that they’re not alone in the Universe, even though sometimes it can feel like they are. (Kids)
[NEW] The Feed (Amazon)
- Set in London in the near future, it centers on the British family of Lawrence Hatfield, the man who invented an omnipresent technology called the Feed. Implanted into nearly everyone’s brain, it enables people to share information, emotions and memories instantly. But when things start to go wrong and users become murderous, the family is driven apart as they struggle to control the monster they have unleashed.
For All Mankind (Apple)
- Explores what would have happened if the global space race had never ended. Previously untitled Ronald D Moore production.
- An adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s science fiction trilogy about a mathematician named Hari Seldon, who developed a concept called psychohistory, which can predict the future on a large scale. When Hari foresees the fall of the Galactic Empire and a following dark age, he creates a Foundation in an attempt to ensure a more favorable outcome for humanity.
Gabby Duran And The Unsittables (Disney)
- Gabby Duran constantly feels like she’s living in the shadows of her uber-polished, successful mother and whip-smart younger sister. She finally finds her moment to shine when she inadvertently lands an out-of-this-world job to babysit an unruly group of very important extraterrestrial children who are hiding out on earth with their families, disguised as everyday kids.
Good Omens (Amazon) - Early 2019 **Mini-series
- It’s 2018, the Apocalypse is near and Final Judgment is set to descend upon humanity. The armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, and tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon are not actually looking forward to the coming war, and someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist. Based on the Neil Gaiman novel.
[New] Guillermo Del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight (Netflix)
- Anthology collection of Guillermo del Toro’s personally curated stories, described as both equally sophisticated and horrific.
- Equal parts a high-concept thriller and coming-of-age drama, it follows the journey of an extraordinary young girl as she evades the relentless pursuit of an off-book CIA agent and tries to unearth the truth behind who she is. Based on the 2011 feature film.
Harley Quinn (DC Universe)
- An adult animated series said to be loosely inspired by the current comics, where Harley has cut ties with the Joker and is causing trouble in Gotham City alongside her BFF Poison Ivy and other well known DC Comics characters.
His Dark Materials (BBC One - UK)
- The new series is an adaptation of Pullman’s cult fantasy trilogy which consists of three books: Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. The series follows Lyra Belacqua, an orphan who lives in a world similar to ours “in which science, theology and magic are entwined”. In Lyra’s world, every person has a companion called a daemon which is magically linked to them by a substance called Dust.
[NEW] The I-Land (Netflix)
- When ten people wake up on a treacherous island with no memory of who they are or how they got there, they set off on a trek to try to get back home. They soon discover this world is not as it seems. Faced with the island’s extreme psychological and physical challenges, they must rise to their better selves — or die as their worst ones.
The Inbetween (NBC) - Midseason 2019
- Cassie Bishop can see and communicate with the dead, helping them with their unresolved problems, whether she likes it or not. When her longtime friend Det. Tom Hackett and his new partner, former FBI Agent Damien Asante, need help solving a darkly puzzling murder, Cassie agrees to use her abilities. Despite her reluctance, she may have found a way to keep her demons at bay, all while solving some of the city’s most challenging cases.
IO (Netflix) **Movie
- A teenager surviving as one of the last people on an abandoned post-cataclysmic Earth, races to find a cure for her poisoned home world before the last shuttle off the planet to the distant human space colony leaves her stranded.
[NEW] Jinn (Netflix)
- Supernatural drama follows a group of Arab teenagers whose lives are disrupted when a spiritual figure appears in front of them in the ancient city of Petra. They must try and stop Jinn from destroying the world.
[NEW] Kaos (Netflix)
- A darkly comedic and contemporary reimagining of Greek mythology, exploring themes of gender politics, power, and life in the underworld.
- A zombie thriller set in Korea’s medieval Joseon dynasty, featuring a crown prince sent on a suicide mission to investigate a mysterious outbreak.
Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny (Amazon)
- When four panda kids stumble upon a mystical cave beneath Panda Village, accidentally absorbing the chi of ancient and powerful kung fu warriors known as the Four Constellations, they must realize a destiny to save the world from an evil force. Meanwhile, Po finds himself faced with his biggest challenge yet — teaching this ragtag band of kids how to wield their newfound powers.
Locke & Key (Netflix)
- After the murder of their father, the Locke family moves into the Keyhouse family estate, which is home to a bevy of secrets and magic. Based on the comics by Joe Hill.
Lovecraft Country (HBO)
- Follows 25-year-old Atticus Black, who joins up with his friend Letitia “Leti” Dandridge and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America to find his missing father. They must survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the malevolent spirits that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback. Based on the book by Matt Ruff.
Messiah (Netflix) - 2019
- Chronicle of the modern world’s reaction to a man who first appears in the Middle East, creating a groundswell of followers around him claiming he is the Messiah. Is he sent from God or is he a dangerous fraud bent on dismantling the world’s geopolitical order? The story unfolds from multiple points of view.
Metropolis (DC Universe) - 2019
- Follows Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets.
Miracle Workers (TBS)
- An anthology comedy series, with the first season based on Simon Rich’s book ‘What In God’s Name’. God has decided to focus on his favorite hobbies, so Craig, a low level angel responsible for handling all of humanity’s prayers, must step in to prevent Earth’s destruction.
Mysteries and Myths With Megan Fox (Travel Channel)
- The actress travels the globe with archaeologists and experts to ask tough questions and challenge conventional wisdom. The show will explore some of the greatest mysteries of time, including whether Amazon women really existed and if the Trojan War was real.
[NEW] The Nevers (HBO)
- A gang of Victorian women find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies and a mission that might change the world.
New Warriors, Marvel’s (???)
- Follows six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of The Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world … even if the world isn’t ready. Featuring Squirrel Girl, Mister Immortal, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Microbe and Debrii. (Comedy)
[NEW] NOS4A2 (AMC)
- Vic McQueen is a young, working-class artist who discovers she has a supernatural ability to track the seemingly immortal Charlie Manx. Manx feeds off the souls of children, then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland, a twisted Christmas Village of Manx’s imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic must strive to defeat Manx and rescue his victims – without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself. Based on the novel by Joe Hill.
[NEW] October Faction (Netflix)
- Follows globetrotting monster hunters Fred and Deloris Allen who, after the death of Fred’s father, return to their hometown in upstate New York with their teenage children Geoff and Viv. As the family adjusts, Fred and Deloris must hide their identities as members of a secret organization, and our heroes quickly discover that their new small-town setting isn’t as idyllic as it seems. Based on the IDW comic by Steve Niles.
[NEW] The Order (Netflix)
- College freshman Jack Morton joins a fabled secret society, The Order, where he is thrust into a world of magic, monsters and intrigue. As Jack goes deeper, he uncovers dark family secrets and an underground battle between werewolves and the magical dark arts.
Osmosis (Netflix) - 2019
- Paris, in the near future. Technology has conquered the last frontier: decoding true love. Digging deep into its user’s brain data, the new dating app “OSMOSIS” can find a perfect match with 100% accuracy, turning the concept of absolute soulmate into a reality. But is there a price to pay when letting an algorithm decide who you will love, forever and ever? When in exchange for this undying, ageless love, technology can access the innermost recesses of your mind — and the best kept secrets of your heart...
The Owl House (Disney) - 2019
- A horror-comedy series that follows Luz, a self-assured teenage human girl who accidentally stumbles upon a portal to the Demon Realm where she befriends a rebellious witch, Eda, and an adorably tiny warrior, King. Despite not having magical abilities, Luz pursues her dream of becoming a witch by serving as Eda’s apprentice at the Owl House and ultimately finds a new family in an unlikely setting. (Animated)
The Passage (Fox) - Midseason
- Centers around a secret government medical facility experimenting with a dangerous virus that could either cure all disease or cause the downfall of the human race. The series focuses on a 10-year old girl named Amy Bellafonte, who is chosen to be a test subject for this experiment and Brad Wolgast, the Federal agent who becomes her surrogate father as he tries to protect her. Based on author Justin Cronin’s best-selling trilogy.
[NEW] Pennyworth (Epix)
- A Batman prequel series set in 1960's London and based around Alfred Pennyworth in his pre-butlering days when he was a secret service military hero and set up his own security company.
[NEW] Polar (Netflix)
- A retired assassin who’s forced back into his old ways after an attempt on his life. Based on the Dark Horse graphic novel Polar: Came From The Cold.
[NEW] Raising Dion (Netflix)
- Nicole Reese raises her son Dion after the death of her husband Mark. The normal dramas of raising a son as a single mom are amplified when Dion starts to manifest several magical, superhero-like abilities. Nicole must now keep her son’s gifts secret with the help of Mark’s best friend Pat and protect Dion from antagonists out to exploit him while figuring out the origin of his abilities. Based on Dennis Liu’s short film.
The Raven Cycle (Syfy)
- The story of seventeen year old Blue Sargent who becomes involved with a group of four privileged private school boys on a quest to find a source of mythical and mysterious power hidden deep in rural Virginia. The closer they get to taking control of their destiny, the more threatening their journey becomes - both physically and emotionally, as Blue discovers she’s fated to kill one of the boys. Based on Maggie Stiefvater’s novels.
[NEW] The Rocketeer (Disney Junior)
- A young girl named Kit discovers that she’s next in line to inherit The Rocketeer’s famous rocket-powered jetpack. She teams with her geeky best friend, Tesh, and her mechanic uncle to save the day and carry on the superheroic Rocketeer name. (Animated)
Roswell, New Mexico (CW) - Midseason 2019
- After reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, the daughter of undocumented immigrants discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: he’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.
[NEW] Sadie Sparks (Disney XD)
- 14-year-old Sadie finds out she has magical abilities and becomes a wizard-in-training, with the guidance and mentorship from a very old and very grumpy rabbit, Gilbert, who is sent to the human world from the Magical Realm to train Sadie and harness her volatile magical skills. Sadie must navigate the challenging world of high school, juggling exams while training to be a wizard. (Animated)
- Set in a world ravaged by ecological devastation, savage winds, and shifting dunes. At its center is a family who makes their way in this world as sand divers: the elite few who can travel deep beneath the desert floor to retrieve mysterious and valuable relics lost to the dust. Adrift in the wake of their father’s disappearance years ago, they rely on skill and each other to endure this ruthless environment where otherwise good people lie, sabotage, and kill in order to survive.
[NEW] See (Apple)
- An epic, world-building drama set in a a future when the human race has lost the sense of sight, and society has had to find new ways to interact, to build, to hunt, to survive. All of that is challenged when a set of twins with sight is born.
The Shivering Truth [Adult Swim] - Late 2018
- A delicately crafted, surreal anthology comedy, a miniature propulsive omnibus clusterbomb of painfully riotous daymares, all dripping with the orange goo of dream logic. It is a series of loosely-linked emotional parables about stories within tales that crawled out of the deepest caverns of your unconscious mind and became lovingly animated in breath-slapping stop motion — in other words, it is the TRUTH. (Animated)
Sirens Of Titan (Syfy)
- The story follows Malachi Constant, the richest man in 22nd-century America. He possesses extraordinary luck which he attributes to divine favor and has used to build upon his father’s fortune. He becomes the center point of a journey that takes him from Earth to Mars in preparation for an interplanetary war, to Mercury with another Martian survivor of that war, back to Earth to be pilloried as a sign of Man’s displeasure with his arrogance, and finally to Titan where he again meets the man ostensibly responsible for the turn of events that have befallen him. Based on Kurt Vonnegut’s novel.
- Set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe, the program questions class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival. Based on Bong Joon-ho’s 2013 movie.
[NEW] Solar Opposites (Hulu) - 2020
- A family of aliens from a better world must take refuge in Middle America. They disagree on whether this is awful or awesome. (Animated)
[NEW] Spectros (Netflix)
- A group of five teenagers are inadvertently drawn into an unearthly reality they cannot comprehend and that ties back to the same part of their town in 1908. Once confronted by increasingly bizarre and grim events, the group will reach an unfathomable conclusion: someone is bringing back the dead and those spirits will want vengeance for the mistakes done in the past.
Swamp Thing (DC Universe)
- Centers on CDC researcher Abby Arcane, who returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus. While there, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland — only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous — and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all.
[NEW] Tales From The Loop (Amazon)
- Explores the town and people who live above “The Loop,” a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe – making things possible that were previously relegated only to science fiction. In this fantastical, mysterious town, poignant human tales are told that bare universal emotional experiences while drawing on the intrigue of genre storytelling. Based on the art of Swedish artist Simon Stålenhag.
[NEW] Tales of Aracadia: 3Below (Netflix)
- Two royal teenage aliens, and their bodyguard flee a surprise takeover of their home planet by an evil dictator and crash land in Arcadia. Now on the run from intergalactic bounty hunters, they struggle to blend in and adapt to the bizarre world of high school all the while attempting to repair their ship so they can return and defend their home planet. The second instalment of Guillermo del Toro’s Dreamworks trilogy, which started with Trollhunters.
[NEW] Them (Amazon)
- Set in 1953 and follows Alfred and Lucky Emory, who decide to move their family from North Carolina to an all-white Los Angeles neighborhood. The family’s home on a tree-lined, seemingly idyllic street becomes ground zero where malevolent forces both real and supernatural threaten to taunt, ravage and destroy them.
[NEW] ThunderCats Roar (Cartoon Network)
- Another reboot of the late 80's animated series.
Tigtone (Adult Swim) - 2019
- The saga of a quest-addicted hero (Tigtone) who slashes his way through a satirical fantasy universe with melodramatic ferocity and a complete disregard for the collateral damage he inflicts along the way.
The Time Traveler’s Wife (HBO)
- An intricate and magical love story about Clare and Henry, and a marriage with a problem… time travel. Based on the novel by Audrey Niffenegger.
[NEW] Treadstone (USA)
- Explores the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Treadstone, a covert operation that uses behavior-modification protocol to turn its agents into nearly unstoppable superhuman assassins. It follows sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously “awakened” to resume their deadly missions.
The Twilight Zone (CBS All Access) - 2019
- A reboot of Rod Sterling’s anthology series.
Ultraman (Netflix) - Spring 2019
- Centers on a man possessing the spirit and DNA of the legendary hero Ultraman as he wears a metallic ultra suit and fights against evil.
Undone (Amazon) - 2019
- After getting into a near fatal car accident, Alma discovers she has a new relationship with time and uses this ability to find out the truth about her father’s death. (Animated)
Untitled M. Knight Shyamalan Series (Apple)
- A 10-episode, half-hour psychological thriller.
[NEW] Upload (Amazon)
- Set in a future where humans are able to “upload” themselves into their preferred choice of afterlife. When Nathan meets his early death, he is greeted by the Nora in his version of heaven. As Nathan grows accustomed to life away from his loved ones, the alive Nora struggles to stay afloat working her job alongside Nathan in the afterlife.
[NEW] Utopia (Amazon)
- A group of young adults who meet online are mercilessly hunted by a shadowy Deep State organization after they come into possession of a near-mythical cult underground graphic novel. Within the comic’s pages, they discover the conspiracy theories that actually might be real and they’re forced into the dangerous, unique and ironic position of saving the world. Based on the 2013 UK series.
[NEW] V-Wars (Netflix)
- Dr. Luther Swann enters a world of untold horror when a mysterious disease transforms his best friend, Michael Fayne, into a murderous predator who feeds on other humans. As the disease spreads and more people are transformed, society fractures into opposing camps pitting normal people against the growing number of these “vampires.” Swann races against time to understand what’s happening, while Fayne rises to become the powerful underground leader of the vampires. Based on the novel by Jonathan Maberry.
[NEW] Veronica Mars (Hulu)
- Spring breakers are getting murdered in Neptune, thereby decimating the seaside town’s lifeblood tourist industry. When Mars Investigations is hired by the parents of one of the victims to find their son’s killer, Veronica is drawn into an epic mystery that pits the enclave’s wealthy elites — who would rather put an end to the monthlong bacchanalia — against a working class that relies on the cash influx that comes with being the West Coast’s answer to Daytona Beach.
War Of The Worlds (BBC One) - 2019
- A three-part adaptation of H.G. Wells’ famous novel, set at the dawn of the twentieth century.
Warrior (Cinemax) - 2019
- Set in San Francisco in the aftermath of the Civil War, the story follows a young martial arts prodigy, newly arrived from China under mysterious circumstances, who becomes a hatchet man for one of Chinatown’s most powerful tongs. Based on original material written by Bruce Lee.
[NEW] Warrior Nun (Netflix)
- A 19 year-old woman wakes up in a morgue with a new lease on life and a divine artifact embedded in her back. She discovers she is now part of an ancient order that has been tasked with fighting demons on Earth, and powerful forces representing both heaven and hell want to find and control her. Based on the Manga novels.
- The dark satirical and dystopian take on the superhero genre is set in an alternate history in the year 1985 at the height of the Cold War between the U.S. and Soviet Union. It revolves around a group of mostly retired American superheroes who investigate the murder of one of their own and in the process uncover a conspiracy that could change the course of history as we know it.
[NEW] We Were Tomorrow (Syfy) **6-part series
- When a meteor collides with the moon, the Earth is ravaged by catastrophic natural disasters. A small percentage of the population is relocated to an alternate world – the New World – and given three lifetimes to rebuild humanity. With the New World in dire straits, twin siblings, Noah and Evelyn, must navigate through three lifetimes to find William and Siena, who bare the other half of their branded keys. The keys, when connected, open a doorway to Earth, a year before the meteor hits, enabling them to warn mankind. Cain, a man cursed with immortality, hunts them down to stop them.
Weird City (YouTube)
- An anthology series by Jordan Peele set in the not-too-distant future metropolis of Weird. Each episode will explore issues that pertain to present day life, stories that could only be told now through the prism of sci-fi and comedy.
[NEW] What We Do In The Shadows (FX)
- An American take on the movie, set in New York City.
The Witcher (Netflix) - 2020
- Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together. Based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s book series.
Young Justice: Outsiders (DC Universe) - 2019
- The show’s core team will feature Static, Kid Flash, Tim Drake’s Robin, Wonder Girl, Spoiler, Blue Beetle, Arrowette, Arsenal, Beast Boy and Thirteen.
TBA - RETURNING
Cloak & Dagger, Marvel’s (Freeform) - Spring 2019
Counterpart (Starz) - January 2019
Descendants 3 (Disney) - Summer 2019
Shadowhunters (Freeform) - Spring 2019 **Final Season
Timeless (NBC) - Holidays **Two-Part Series Finale