“Sons of the Harpy”. Unsullied Eyes is a discussion space for Game of Thrones viewers who have not read the books. Be warned that there are spoilers for the latest Game of Thrones episode after the jump. The purpose of this discussion space is so that we can talk about the show as is. Book readers are welcome, but please refrain from making comparisons, hints, or spoilers.
- Uh oh. Margaery vs. Cersei is close to reaching the boiling point! It does not bode well for the Tyrell men as Loras is imprisoned and Mace is practically exiled with the Lannister lapdog Meryn Trant. I... would not be surprised if we never see Mace Tyrell alive on the show again.
- Speaking of Loras’ imprisonment, the Sparrows, an order of ascetic extremists, has become militarized thanks to Cersei, which in turn has turned against the king. Why did she do this?! This isn’t going to end well for everyone.
- Meanwhile, Melisandre tries to use the power of her boobs to get Jon Snow to join Stannis’ campaign, but Ygritte’s funeral pyre isn’t even cold yet, so Jon shoos her out.
- Has Sansa learned enough from Baelish to fend for herself in the midst of traitors? Winterfell’s servants seem to have her back, if the previous episode is any indication.
- Dorne! Jaime’s golden hand has finally become weaponized! Can he and Bronn successfully rescue Myrcella from Oberyn’s badass daughters, the Sand Snakes? The prophesy from the season premiere seems to say no. And I legitimately want the Sand Snakes to succeed, but Game of Thrones is never fair to seekers of justice.
- I suppose chaos at King’s Landing would give Daenerys a chance to take back the Red Keep, but she has deal with a full-blown civil war of her own after the Sons of the Harpy openly attack her forces. Is this the end for Grey Worm and Ser Barristan Selmy? Say it ain’t so! It’s like the worst time for Tyrion to arrive at Meereen. “What a waste of a good kidnapping.”
- Stannis is the GoT Father of the Year. Granted, it is not at all hard to get there, especially considering that the next best candidate would’ve been Roose Bolton.
- So, I’m oddly glad that Olyvar the male prostitute was able to escape the Faith Militant’s attack on Baelish’s establishment, but that whole scene was very difficult to watch.