“Hardhome”. Unsullied Eyes is a discussion space for Game of Thrones viewers who have not read the books. Be warned that there are spoilers for the latest Game of Thrones episode after the jump. The purpose of this discussion space is so that we can talk about the show as is. Book readers are welcome, but please refrain from making comparisons, hints, or spoilers.
What an ending! But first...
- Finally, witty Tyrion is back — now in full Hand-of-the-King mode — which is good because with Jorah perma-exiled and Ser Barristan gone, Daenerys needs all the help she can get. I can think of worse advisers than Tyrion, Missandei, and Varys(?). Daenerys’ goal is oddly in parallel with Jon Snow’s; breaking the established rules and norms. Where as Daenery’s goal is a want, Jon Snow’s goal is one of need. It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
- Arya’s getting lessons of her own. I’m just glad that she’s now allowed to go outside and do stuff instead of washing corpses all day.
- So, Doctor Frankenstein visits Cersei, who refuses to confess. I think she’s going to go crazy soon.
- Speaking of confessions, Theon tells Sansa about her “brothers’” murder. I hope this isn’t going to lead to any kind of redemption arc. Even in a show like Game of Thrones, killing children is pretty unforgivable.
- I don’t like the sound of Ramsay’s plans. I don’t like the sound of Roose’s plans even more.
- Lord of Bones always looks so cool! Oh... Nevermind.
- Goddam Thenns.
- Goddam Wights.
- I... didn’t like how the badass elder’s death was so obviously telegraphed. “Listen to your sister. She’s in charge. I’m right behind you. I promise.” LIES!!! I also don’t like how it made it seem like Dolorous Edd was going to die. Bastards!
- FUCKING WHITE WALKERS.
- Valyrian Steel can also kill White Walkers? Along with Dragonstone? What does this mean?!
- HOLY FUCK LITTLE WIGHTS