Mad Max Fury Road is out and delivered everything it promised and more! Usually loooong gaps between new installments in a franchise isn’t a good sign but Fury Road is possibly the best film of the Summer! Okay there is a lot of summer left but still. So lets discuss! Spoilers below!
- Such a Feminist film! I mean beyond the basics of female protagonist, arguably more then Max, and being about women escaping sexual slavery, the film gave us a variety of women who all had their own personality and presence in the film.
- I want a sequel/prequel following Furiosa and her new civilization as well as flashbacks showing how she lost her arm and became what seemed to be second in command in a very misogynistic society.
- How did she escape a fate of being a Wife? My fan theory is she is a trans woman but that is my fan theory for everything and doesn’t necessarily work.
- The Vuvalini were great! I didn’t expect them at all! Also according to TV tropes the younger one, Valkyrie’s, actress was going to be Wonder Woman in George Miller’s Justice League back when that was a thing. I could dig it.
- Nux! I didn’t expect to love him so much! He might be my favorite character after Furiosa. I figured he would die but I didn’t expect to be sad about it.
What are your thoughts?